We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anniversary Festival Tokens Time-Saving Guide

This guide is for people that want to get Anniversary festival tokens on their characters without spending a lot of time each day. Essentially you’ll just be running Lost Invitations and the Gifts series. By the end of the festival you’ll have enough tokens (70+ per character) to buy the things you want most without getting burnt out or making a full-time job out of it. The rest of the festival is definitely worth checking out too, but in case you don’t have much time or are a crazy alt-o-holic: try this method to get your tokens.

BEFORE YOU START: every few days you’ll get a box with fireworks in it (four stacks of 2, one for each character race). Don’t use them, don’t delete them: put them in your bank and save them for the Summer Festival! The Summer Festival has a quest (Fireworks for the Festival) at the Breelands Horsefields to turn in one of each type of racial firework. If you already have them, completing this quest takes no time. You’ll get 6 or 8 of each type of firework by the time the Anniversary festival ends, so that’s 6 or 8 days of easy Summer quest completions on each of your characters (if you want to do it every day, at the start of the Summer festival go and buy a stack of 50 of each firework for each of your characters, this will hold you for about eight years if you keep adding the free ones from the Anniversary festival to the stacks). Then you can park all your characters at the Horsefields, log in each day and spend a minute and a half for each character to do the Horse Race quest that’s right there and turn in fireworks. That’s all it takes to build a big stack of Summer festival tokens, with little effort.

OKAY, START HERE:

Go to the Party Tree in the Shire and take the daily quest: Another Lovely Year from Waldo Rumble (participate in Anniversary Festival activities 0/7).

Don’t worry about the Scavenger Hunt just yet.

If you’re a Hunter, you may want to set your camp to The Hill (The Party Tree).

Ride to Hobbiton and set your milestone here.

In Hobbiton, accept the Gifts quest from Dudo Chubb: you're going to do all seven Gifts quests.

The Gifts quest chain resets twice per week, it’s a series of 7 quests that can be quickly done for a total of 7 Anniversary Tokens, and they all count towards Another Lovely Year completion. It doesn’t matter what order you do the Gifts quests in, but I feel this order makes the best use of your time. You want to do the Gifts series every time it resets.

After sending you to Frerin’s Court and Thorin’s Hall tavern (there’s a back door to it just to the left outside the main entry to Thorin’s Hall), Gifts will take you to the Boar Fountain in Bree. Once here, go into Lalia’s shoppe and buy the Return to Lalia’s travel skill from Lalia herself for 3 Mithril Coins. This is a permanent travel skill, and will save you a lot of time! Go back outside now and update Gifts to the next quest.

Before you leave Bree, take the Lost Invitations quest from Percy Bywood. Once you develop the skill for it (stand where the envelopes are moving towards, don’t try to grab them from behind while chasing them), this becomes a very fast and easy quest to complete. It will gain you at least 2 tokens, with chances for more tokens, the /toast emote, and the Reveller’s Gilded warsteed cosmetic set. If you don’t know the possible spawn locations for stationary and moving envelopes, follow another player and watch where they go: you’ll learn quickly.

Now ride to Combe to update Gifts twice, then to Michel Delving, and back to Hobbiton (you have your milestone set there) to turn in the seventh Gifts quest. Ride up to the Party Tree and turn in Another Lovely Year.

FINAL NOTE:

Since you can’t run the Gifts series every day, I recommend just traveling to Lalia’s and running Lost Envelopes on the off days. These off-days are when you should check out Scavenger Hunt or other parts of the Anniversary festival, such as the brawl in Thorin’s Hall, if you're interested and have the time. Don't try to do it all in one day. Remember: the key to a happy festival is not burning yourself out, which is easy to do for those of us with a lot of characters.

Hope this helps!

This seems particularly useful.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks, Cordovan!

And stealing a line from your own post, in case people didn't see it: Get a free Reveller's Gilded Cloak with the Coupon Code CORDOVANMAN, now through April 28th!

Thanks for the guide!

Not sure but I think it is possible that the Erebrandir's Horseshoe does improve the loot of the Lost Envelopes in Bree. (Higher chance for invitations)

Maybe Cordovan is so nice and reveals more secrets about this item?
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; Apr 20 2017 at 05:03 PM.

Why does the gift delivery quest have a 3 day cooldown? There aren't enough unique activities to do.

Remember the beer fight arena \o/ Cool Tokens from there, and sometimes if working or doing something else, can go afk while isnt happening
    Happy 10th lotro anniversary to all \o/ May we have another 10 epic years /toast
    Fly you fools

Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

Please add Bree and Shire Races as a daily for the festival

As the title says....

Or in other words... make it count for the "Another Lovely Year" quest

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    Not sure but I think it is possible that the Erebrandir's Horseshoe does improve the loot of the Lost Envelopes in Bree. (Higher chance for invitations)
    I've never tested it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right: this type of festival event seems like the type of thing Erebrandir's Horseshoe would influence. Good idea to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Misapprehension View Post

Or in other words... make it count for the "Another Lovely Year" quest
    This would be a really big thing for those wanting to grind out Another Lovely Year in one year. As it is, to accomplish 7/7 to complete it daily, two days of the week you can do it with the Gifts series (I believe those reset on Mondays and Thursdays), and the other five days you're spending an hour or more a day in the brawl in Thorin's Hall (I say more, because the event doesn't run if it doesn't have enough players, so depending on when you play you could be out of luck).

There's also the fireworks quest for 2 tokens on the hill near the North Gate of Bree. Looks like you can do it every 30 minutes.

Also, what could be useful are:

- A horse from Michel Delving (or from the Boar fountain) to the party tree.

- 1 day cooldown for the gift quests.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifenkraut View Post
    I've never tested it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right: this type of festival event seems like the type of thing Erebrandir's Horseshoe would influence. Good idea to check it out.
    I've done the envelope quest 12 times so far and have not received any Anniversary Tokens from them. I think SSG may have removed the token reward, which would make the Invitation result more likely. None of my characters used the horseshoe and several of them received their 6 invitations in 6-7 envelopes.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    I've done the envelope quest 12 times so far and have not received any Anniversary Tokens from them. I think SSG may have removed the token reward, which would make the Invitation result more likely. None of my characters used the horseshoe and several of them received their 6 invitations in 6-7 envelopes.
    I get tokens from envelopes, with horseshoe. usually takes 10 envelopes to get my 6.

Quote Originally Posted by R_C View Post
    I get tokens from envelopes, with horseshoe. usually takes 10 envelopes to get my 6.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I it my imagination, or are the token rewards less than they have been in the past. Maybe it seems that way just becasue there is SO much to grind for with the five war-steed pieces at 40 a pop. No way to keep up with the stuff anymore, just wait until the following year when they are 20 each.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    I it my imagination, or are the token rewards less than they have been in the past. Maybe it seems that way just becasue there is SO much to grind for with the five war-steed pieces at 40 a pop. No way to keep up with the stuff anymore, just wait until the following year when they are 20 each.
    I have not received a single token from envelopes quests, although I have spent a lot of my time so far running scavenger hunt quests on multiple high level alts to get the pets. Some of my characters have been getting sufficient tokens by bartering tokens from other festivals. 200 leftover Yule tokens gave me 48 festival tokens and thus one War Steed piece for one character. Come to think of it, that may be why the pricing is high; encourage using up leftover tokens from last year.

Definitely getting fewer tokens though.

I have not received a single token from envelopes quests, although I have spent a lot of my time so far running scavenger hunt quests on multiple high level alts to get the pets. Some of my characters have been getting sufficient tokens by bartering tokens from other festivals. 200 leftover Yule tokens gave me 48 festival tokens and thus one War Steed piece for one character. Come to think of it, that may be why the pricing is high; encourage using up leftover tokens from last year.

i seem to remember the beer brawl being an efficient way of getting tokens before, to the point where i woudl actually spend time there repeating it for a somewhat painless grind. Has it always been 2 tokens? I'm not considering the expert quest, where it's get the beer or get nada. Two tokens every 10 minutes isn't worth hanging around there for. Plus i got booted two out of three times I did it today, i couldn't seem to maneuver myself back into play the way you always could before, i flew a mile and couldn't take control of myself to stay in play, very strange. No time for that.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

I got a token from the envelope quest yesterday, so it does still happen.

For those who have alts, running the gift-giving chain each time it's available is a quick way to get tokens for the cheaper items like the cosmetic armour, then your mains can focus on getting enough tokens for the higher-priced items.

That's been my strategy this time around at least.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post

For those who have alts, running the gift-giving chain each time it's available is a quick way to get tokens for the cheaper items like the cosmetic armour, then your mains can focus on getting enough tokens for the higher-priced items.

I have wisps on a bunch of alts now.
    Where is the barterer to use them with? Wiki says only in after battle and winter home during festival and yule seems quite some ways away.

Also - off days when no gift run available...how are you getting seven daily anniversary quests? I did a fight, fireworks and envelopes.

In addition...scavenger hunt really should grant anniversary tokens. Just something that irritates me. It could very easily have advanced the daily seven AND handed out an anniversary token per partial completion. *grumps* See also anniversary daily seven, no tokens off that either.

Oh and...seems I'm all questions and no suggestions, for once...how long does the anniversary event run? I see the scavenger quests were extended to run a long time, but the anniversary event and its vendors?
    I want to be able to get the full war steed deco, which means 40 x 5 200 tokens plus a goat and the regular steed 260. The other stuff I can gift wrap but the war steed stuff is not in the store and goat+regular steed can not be had for MC.
    I just can't imagine making that many tokens on one character, let alone the two I would like it on.

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post

Good point, for those wanting the warsteed cosmetics! Buy the kites and whatnot on other characters to give to your mains, to make it easier for those mains to buy the warsteed stuff.

I have gotten a lot of extra tokens from envelopes this year, and that's without using Erebrandir's Horseshoe. I'd say I've averaged two per character over the three days I've done it so far, maybe a little more. It's less than one a day, but that yellow text still comes often enough to make me happy.

And for anyone getting frustrated with the Lost Envelopes quest: they spawn all over Bree, you can move away from the Boar Fountain area and not compete with others. You can also help yourself by using the "del u" combo. The "delete" key is the default key (for North American keyboards, at least) to select the closest usable item (which is sometimes a door, in Bree, but often an envelope), and the "u" key is the default to use the selected target (meaning, you will run towards it). If you don't use this combo, please try it. It helps a LOT for not just festivals, but farming, gathering and questing too. I also recommend going in to key bindings and adding the "end" key as a second key after "u" to use selected target (it's about 2/3 of the way down the key bindings list). You likely don't use "end" for anything anyway, and now you have a select/use combo of keys that are right beside each other. You have no idea how much faster and easier it makes that trick, and it will make you the king of the mushroom hunt for the Farmer's Faire!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I have wisps on a bunch of alts now.
    Where is the barterer to use them with? Wiki says only in after battle and winter home during festival and yule seems quite some ways away.

Also - off days when no gift run available...how are you getting seven daily anniversary quests? I did a fight, fireworks and envelopes.

In addition...scavenger hunt really should grant anniversary tokens. Just something that irritates me. It could very easily have advanced the daily seven AND handed out an anniversary token per partial completion. *grumps* See also anniversary daily seven, no tokens off that either.

Oh and...seems I'm all questions and no suggestions, for once...how long does the anniversary event run? I see the scavenger quests were extended to run a long time, but the anniversary event and its vendors?
    I want to be able to get the full war steed deco, which means 40 x 5 200 tokens plus a goat and the regular steed 260. The other stuff I can gift wrap but the war steed stuff is not in the store and goat+regular steed can not be had for MC.
    I just can't imagine making that many tokens on one character, let alone the two I would like it on.
    The Anniversary Festival runs through May 8 (so, it ends at 3 am EST on May 9).

The Scavenger Hunt (which I admit confuses the issue because it's advertised as the Tenth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt, and both have the word Anniversary in it) runs until halfway through July. They are two separate events that just happen to have started on the same day, and that's why it doesn't award festival tokens.

Including today, April 23, you will have 16 days left, and 5 resets of Gifts (historically it resets on Mondays and Thursdays, and the last day is a Monday, so you'll have to run that last one at the last minute). So a possible 35 more from Gifts, 32 more from Invitations (plus whatever luck you have on envelope freebies), is 67+ still. I'd say it's fair to say that'll be at least 75. If you add in both horse races, that an extra 4 per day for another 64. So without trading in from other events, and ignoring the fireworks ones (at least, I ignore them because I don't like the time-to-reward ratio on them), you're looking at three rounds per day, for most days, of the beer brawl if you want to get from 0 to 260. I wouldn't recommend that on multiple characters, but it's quite doable for one or two.

but it's quite doable for one or two.
    Neat! I might skip the war steed deco, starting a second part time job tomorrow and can't wait for resets of brawls and fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Neat! I might skip the war steed deco, starting a second part time job tomorrow and can't wait for resets of brawls and fireworks
    Good luck with the new job!

Yeah, I think skipping the warsteed stuff is probably best, and I also think it likely that those 40 token items will cost 20 tokens next year. Not a big consolation, but I personally like the idea of living a year behind and paying half price for everything.

Good luck with the new job!

Yeah, I think skipping the warsteed stuff is probably best, and I also think it likely that those 40 token items will cost 20 tokens next year. Not a big consolation, but I personally like the idea of living a year behind and paying half price for everything.
    Yup! Just like the goat this year. All good.

Lightbulb

...I also think it likely that those 40 token items will cost 20 tokens next year...
    Or they might cost mithril coins next year like some previous Festival mounts do. It's why I will not chance to wait.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Apr 29 2017 at 09:14 PM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast