We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Anniversary quest help

I feel like I've been asking a lot of stupid questions lately. <sigh>

I'm a returning player that's been away a long time. Can anyone recommend a good place for me to find out how-to's on the anniversary event? For example, right now I'm trying to do the Bree fireworks quest, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I haven't been able to track down an answer on google yet. (The one where you set off fireworks in front of the announcer. I'm setting them off according to what he says but not getting any credit for them...one site said an "event panel" should appear on my screen, but I'm not seeing that.)

I don't want to post here repeatedly asking stupid questions, so if there's a website that actually explains how to do these quests I would really appreciate it! (Lotro wiki for example just repeats what the quest text already tells you, which isn't giving me the info I need.)

Ummmm...trying to remember details from last year.....ummm....

- You can only do this quest during game night time. I think you can take quest at any time, but must be night to shoot fireworks.

- You must be in the area roughly in front of the fireworks announcer. He will warn of upcoming round of fireworks like the dance announcer does for dances.

- When the round starts, a panel will appear on your screen. (I can't remember if you have to first click the announcer to be entered into the round, but he'll have a quest ring if you do need to.)

Once you get the panel, just follow the announcer's speech. He'll say things like "green would be good for the next one" or "for the next, anything but blue", so don't just fire the color mentioned in the sentence.

Hope that helps.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I feel like I've been asking a lot of stupid questions lately. <sigh>

I'm a returning player that's been away a long time. Can anyone recommend a good place for me to find out how-to's on the anniversary event? For example, right now I'm trying to do the Bree fireworks quest, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I haven't been able to track down an answer on google yet. (The one where you set off fireworks in front of the announcer. I'm setting them off according to what he says but not getting any credit for them...one site said an "event panel" should appear on my screen, but I'm not seeing that.)

I don't want to post here repeatedly asking stupid questions, so if there's a website that actually explains how to do these quests I would really appreciate it! (Lotro wiki for example just repeats what the quest text already tells you, which isn't giving me the info I need.)
    You should pick up a quest from the vendor behind the stand. This doesn't require the fireworks you purchase. When you get the quest, you will have a bar with the various color fireworks on it and you use that to complete the quest.

I don't recall now... it has been ages ago since I did this the first time, but there may possibly be a quest you have to do to activate this one, if you aren't seeing a quest ring on the guy behind the stand to the side of the announcer.
    "Pink makes EVERYTHING better! Cept Orcs or gobbies. Nothin' can make them better!
    Tearna Quickfoot, Hobbit minstrel on Landroval.

Just go to LOTRO-Wiki.com. They have alot of information on events and the game in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Ummmm...trying to remember details from last year.....ummm....

- You can only do this quest during game night time. I think you can take quest at any time, but must be night to shoot fireworks.

- You must be in the area roughly in front of the fireworks announcer. He will warn of upcoming round of fireworks like the dance announcer does for dances.

- When the round starts, a panel will appear on your screen. (I can't remember if you have to first click the announcer to be entered into the round, but he'll have a quest ring if you do need to.)

Once you get the panel, just follow the announcer's speech. He'll say things like "green would be good for the next one" or "for the next, anything but blue", so don't just fire the color mentioned in the sentence.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks Nosdracir and Shaeliana for your help!

It was night, and the guy had a ring so I picked it up...quest said to follow his instructions 10 times and not to fail. No panel appeared on my screen, so I assumed I needed to buy fireworks. Those didn't work of course, (quest never updated using those fireworks) so it seems my problem was the panel that should have appeared. The only thing I can think of is that when I took the quest, the round was already in progress. I'm guessing you have to take it before the round starts, and the start of the round is what triggers the panel to appear. It allowed me to pick up the quest mid-round. To avoid confusion, the quest should be unobtainable as soon as the round starts, which would prevent people from getting an uncompleteable quest like I did. Next time I'll try to time it so I grab the quest before the round starts!

This is the best website I have found so far in laying out the anniversary quests and what to do:

http://www.nazgulowen.com/blog/lotro...l#.WPjd3o-cEdU

I'll put it here in case it helps anyone else! It's from the 7th anniversary, but I think everything is the same. Lotro wiki just lists the quests and then repeats what you can already read in the quest log, so it didn't help me with the problem I had.

I'm not sure why you didn't receive the firework toolbar that should pop up when the quest starts, but here is the link to the lotro wiki page that explains how it *should* work:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...eworks_in_Bree

Went back and at dusk and waited for the ring to appear, picked up the quest and everything worked fine.

Then, I happened to be running through the area on an alt, as the round was still in mid-session. Ring still there, grabbed it, and this alt got the toolbar panel and was able to complete the quest as well.

So this got me wondering if I just didn't notice the toolbar the first time, (I spent a lot of time studying my screen looking for objects in the scenery to click on, or in my bags for some quest-specific fireworks) but the second time I spotted it right away, so who knows.

Thanks everyone for your help!

If you need help finding anything for the quests for year one and two, you can watch these videos. They go through all quests and make a route that works
    in a suitable time. Languaga is german, but you probably understand anyway the game.

https://youtu.be/-cXjmXLHSmg?t=5m

https://youtu.be/O5VhikI2W5w