We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The only issue that I can see for the travels part is moria and mirkwood. Lothlorien should no longer be an issue as you can port low level players there with a hunter, provided the hunter can get there. Anything in gondor can be accessed by going around thru Far Anorien.

This is where you would need level cap and near level cap players who are doing the deeds/quests to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    You would be complaining need of grouping next.
    I enjoy grouping, no complaints on that front from me. Being carried - is nothing like grouping.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyes View Post
    Level 20s should be glad they can participate at all. Half of the enemies in the year 1 trifles quest are on level or below for them. That's pretty good, considering how much of the game a level 20 has done.

Restricting 1/3 of each scavenger hunt to lowbie areas isn't spreading it around. It's constricting it. As it stands now, there's quite a bit to do in the starter regions. I'll also eat my hat if there are hordes of people whose top level character is 20 after ten years of playing. Again, you just need to be level 60 to do the content on level so far.
    That's a bit like saying half a car is fit to drive around in.

Like I said, I'll leave the number crunching to SSG. All I know is, World is speaking for itself.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    The only issue that I can see for the travels part is moria and mirkwood. Lothlorien should no longer be an issue as you can port low level players there with a hunter, provided the hunter can get there. Anything in gondor can be accessed by going around thru Far Anorien.

This is where you would need level cap and near level cap players who are doing the deeds/quests to help out.
    Hunter cannot port any player to Lothlorien unless they have Friend standing with the Galadhrim. The hunter port ends up inside Caras Galadhon, which players need friend status to get into. If a hunter ports a player that does not meet the rep standard, the hunter will travel, and the other player will not. Maybe the fix will be to put Galadriel outside the gate, like Radagast is outside his tower

Moria and Mirkwood are definite problems, and to a lesser extent, so is Gath Forthnir.

Gath forthnir shouldn't be an issue as I have been able in the past to port people past the watcher stones that run thru the center of angmar, but I can see an issue if the watcher stones that might be at the end of the path that goes thru torech-i-bogbereth.

Assuming that it may act the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    That's a bit like saying half a car is fit to drive around in.

Like I said, I'll leave the number crunching to SSG. All I know is, World is speaking for itself.
    Poor analogy. A better one is that people who own minivans shouldn't complain that they can't enter the Indy 500. As for World, it seems to me that people are upset that they can't run all of their characters through everything alone. That's nowhere near the same thing as complaining that none of your characters can finish any of the scavenger hunt.
    Gyes, et al
    Monarch, Paladins of Asheron
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    Gath forthnir shouldn't be an issue as I have been able in the past to port people past the watcher stones that run thru the center of angmar, but I can see an issue if the watcher stones that might be at the end of the path that goes thru torech-i-bogbereth.

Assuming that it may act the same way.
    There's a rally horn in the Hillman camp past the Gate of Shadows too.
    Gyes, et al
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    You know there is a great many who have bought those. I constantly see people posting in chat looking to buy them.
    I know. And I dont see how they deserve anything for bypassing the game. If its the money involved, then how about those who spent money in store to stop leveling? Maybe they should all be reimbursed?

Add two more people that cannot complete Weathertop or Red Pass for Year 2 (myself and my son). We've completed them both entirely solo using the reflecting pool. The Weathertop quest does not indicate that it is a fellowship quest, but the Red Pass is clearly indicated as a fellowship quest.

Might I suggest simply removing those two instances from the list, which is still quite time consuming without them. I'd also like to suggest you look ahead at that other scavenger hunt quests and see if this is going to be a problem again. Lone Lands if far from the only region to have once required fellowships and now offer both that and solo quests.

I'd also like to give some feedback here. I completed Year 1 and all of 2 except above. I love scavenger hunts, and for the most part these were done very well. Thank You! Some improvements can be made, besides the obvious one of getting the Year 2 instances to work for everyone. I didn't enjoy tracking down the instances for that scavenger hunt, so maybe putting the region next to each instance on the list would have helped make that a bit more fun. The issue here is that opening the completed quest log is like asking to get kicked out of the game. The alternative, the wiki, wasn't working very well yesterday. Neither one is fun to use, and that is the point I wanted to make.

Another note, the daily races available in the Shire and Bree during festivals do not count towards the seven quests for that repeatable daily that awards a sack. Neither does the pie eating contest. I wish the repeatable had been auto-bestowed like some other festivals, as I had finished most of the festival before I even found the daily. I had just finished Year 1, and thankfully the quest giver gave me credit for that after the fact because I hadn't seen his quest until then. In hindsight I recall being asked to visit him at the party tree in a letter so that part is likely my own fault. Good job on catching that player mistake as a possibility!

Great job overall, and I hope you are able to fix Year 2 soon.

Also, I love the dragon fireworks! The sound they make and the visual are all very good, and they made an excellent Year 10 gift. Thanks, and please pass that on!

Just adding my voice here. I would have preferred the quests to follow a level-based progression. Year 1 could focus on Ered Luin/Shire/Bree, Year 2 could be Lonelands/North Downs, etc. And Year 10 could be an all-over-Middle-Earth thing that level cappers can do. Then everyone who's low level could at least clear out all quests up to whatever year they're at, and leave whatever's too high til next year when they'll presumably be higher. What we've got is... well, since I'm level cap I think it's great. For me. But it's clearly not great for everyone and I think you should've seen these complaints coming SSG.

I am a low level and whilst not being able to complete scavenger hunts there is plenty for me to do. It doesn't bother me much at all and although it would be nice to see some lower level friendly quests i can see why there aren't many. It is taking old players back to the many places they have been and not taking new players back to the very few places they have seen. Why people are complaining i will never know.

I would like to point out the dragon steed. I like the idea a lot it's just not many people like it. So many people are talking about its looks in world chat yet many people have it. I can't exactly say it's really bad because it isn't but i think a horse should look like a horse and not some fire breathing dragon. The horse is barely visible and it's more dragon than horse. 99% dragon and 1% horse it seems.

Quests are great fun and the anniversary quests in Bree are definitely fun and perfect for the lower levels. They aren't getting repetitive yet but i know the event started yesterday so not surprising. The firework displays are really great to watch even if not doing the quest and it's nice to see so many players in one place enjoying them.

Clothing for this event seems to be aimed at men this time. I think this is perfectly fair as Spring festival was focused more on girls but it would be nice to see all the events clothes shared between the two. Dragon armor looks nice, a little on the heavy looking side but it definitely shows the dragon in it. For me, the other clothes aren't anything particularly special but none of them look bad.

Anyway, sorry for those who wanted to read this very long post. Happy hunting to all of the free people's of Middle Earth. Happy 10th anniversary LOTRO!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Just adding my voice here. I would have preferred the quests to follow a level-based progression. Year 1 could focus on Ered Luin/Shire/Bree, Year 2 could be Lonelands/North Downs, etc. And Year 10 could be an all-over-Middle-Earth thing that level cappers can do. Then everyone who's low level could at least clear out all quests up to whatever year they're at, and leave whatever's too high til next year when they'll presumably be higher. What we've got is... well, since I'm level cap I think it's great. For me. But it's clearly not great for everyone and I think you should've seen these complaints coming SSG.
    I think this would be best.
    There's obviously lots of memories in the low level areas too, so why not move the quest objects around between the quests a bit? One quest sends you to pet dogs in the shire and other such easy things, plus end game areas. Another quest sends you to kill rare mobs in starter regions... and Lv60 mobs in mid-level regions. Why not move the high level bits from one quest and add it to the other, and remove the low level bits from the other and add it to the first one? That way there would be quests for everyone (without anyone having to babysit or get carried through the content)
    Last edited by Silmelin; Apr 21 2017 at 02:01 PM.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    It's much better the way things are. As it stands now, everyone is able to earn each year's reward, albeit with some help depending on how low a level you are. I'd rather be able to finish one quest in each year's set than each quest in 3-4 year's set with my level 60s.
    Gyes, et al
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    You only need to complete one of the three quests for each year to get the reward for that year. You can help your friend get the dog if the two of you form a fellowship and complete the quest Old Foes. Five of the foes you must kill come from the Bounty Quests (level 60) given by Niels in Esteldin. You must take those quests in order to make the foes appear and your friend will get credit for the kill even though you do most of the work. (The other three foes are much weaker Elite enemies from the free regions, like the warg Baugarch in Chetwood.) If you're questing in Dunland you can probably solo each of the foes with your friend contributing some additional damage.

You can also complete this quest without your friend and give her the pet dog. The reward is a scroll that appears in your inventory. It is not bound, so you can sell it or give it as a gift if you do not want to keep it.

Finally, one of the Year 2 rewards is a pet pony (Bill the Pony). There is a very easy quest to visit 10 inns, drink 10 ales, and click 22 remembrances in the free regions.

I hope this helps you and your friend.
    Oh! That is good news! Thank you very much for telling me this, my friend will be very happy! Thanks a million!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Oh! That is good news! Thank you very much for telling me this, my friend will be very happy! Thanks a million!
    This means no titles.

We have a fix for the Weathertop and Redhorn pass issue now, as well as the issue with "one-shotting" Will Tuffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    i completed the 1st year n i was able to get 2nd year hunt, m i going to have more years in the same week or plz tell me how this works
    tks a lot!
    The first two "years" of the event debuted right away. A new "year" will be added each week up through ten. Then the event will continue to be open for some weeks after that.

Also, to confirm: yes, completed scavenger hunt quests will stay completed. For partially completed quests, sadly, progress will be lost.

That's great news, thank you.
    Kelewon, Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    We have a fix for the Weathertop and Redhorn pass issue now, as well as the issue with "one-shotting" Will Tuffin.
    Patch next week?
    R.I.P. Big E

really?

I get the emotional consternation on the scavenger hunts.... but seriously... most anniversary/festival content is a grind for cosmetics. And this is the first time you had to be a higher level to get something. Most of the time, in the past, it was boring as hell for higher level toons... and worse for us "alt-a-holics".

Red-pass I hope.

Bare knuckle fighting Tuffin works fine. Similar to Lonely Mountain and slowing the dps for the horn to be blown. If you are going to have us do the old content you should look at it before making it an FI or anniversary content.

Has QA gone through all the "Years" with a cap loaded char?

Mac

Maybe I missed it, but when is this fix intended to be pushed thru? I'm missing Red-Pass and Retake Weathertop solo, though completed them and they didn't count.

Looking forward to finishing up these 2 and be ready for Year 3! Glad it could be worked out!

Quote Originally Posted by clrsf06 View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but when is this fix intended to be pushed thru? I'm missing Red-Pass and Retake Weathertop solo, though completed them and they didn't count.

Looking forward to finishing up these 2 and be ready for Year 3! Glad it could be worked out!
    With only 1 previous year quest completed, the next year opens, was this way with year 1/2.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

In the new Scavenger Hunt, we wanted to celebrate the length and breadth of Lord of the Rings Online. That meant looking back over all the moments, regions, and yes, level ranges that cover the ten full years we have run.

When we sat down to decide how to celebrate a decade of our game, we fell in love with the idea of exploring the aspects of the game that you, our players, have told us caused you to fall in love with LOTRO: the story, world, and the many adventures, small jokes, and bits of color--sorry, colour-- found across our rendition of Middle-earth.

We encourage lower-level players to make use of the incredible player community in LOTRO and get a little help from friends, kinships, and even kindly strangers to complete quests that go far afield. Also keep in mind that most of the rewards come from completing a single quest for each year. Our goal was to keep the event light and fun, where you could dip your toe in and get something out of it.

But here's the important thing: the Scavenger Hunt will be back next year. The quests you have completed will remain completed and the ones that remain will be waiting for you. Of course, there will also be an eleventh year to finish, but that's time for you. It marches onward for all the free peoples, even the Elves.
    How many do you think will be around for it next year when you intentionally gate event content? Why not gate Christmas and all the other events as well? This is not good for business and is unwise since you just recently separated from Turbine. Anniversery events just like holidays are meant for everyone not just max level players.

I do find an obviously low-level scavenger hunt like the Tavern one being behind all the year 1 hunts a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthion View Post
    I do find an obviously low-level scavenger hunt like the Tavern one being behind all the year 1 hunts a bit odd.
    I was wondering about that to. Would have made more sense in year 1. Some players might just not do the first one requiring higher levels/grouping so they never see this one.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast