We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Year 2 Trifles: Reflections 1 bug?

Well it seems Retaking weather top and red maid will not complete for me, anyone else having this issue? I have been running it over and over SOLO like the quest says but it will not complete but only those two, i have completed the rest and would really love to get this one out of the way.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance
    ______________________________ ___________________________
    You want me to what!? The one and only Nymerias of Dwarrow

You need to run the solo version of the instances.

Many of us ran them in fellowship as it was the only choice at the beginning.

I can't think of a way of accessing them (my most recent alt, the beorning, has both solo versions in the reflecting pool, my oldest one only the fellowship ones).

Please, everybody, bug it. This is really annoying.

Ah yes back in the day i had to run it in fellow as LM are to squishy to take it solo. That is more then likely it. Bug is in now lets see if they listen

In the Reflecting pool I get shown the solo and fellow versions of Retake Weathertop but only the group version of Red-pass.

I did the solo Weathertop and it advanced main quest but doing the only option of the fellow Red-pass gets me no advance. Had a ticket in for some hours now, no reply.

You'd think that with this being the big event for the Anniversary they fix it asap.

I did check the completed quest log and have done Red-pass back in the day. I guess if you've never done it before you can just pickup the quest line and complete it. Those of us actually reflecting on it can't

Mac

Same problem for me, i did that quests originally in old fellowship mode and don't have selection with reflecting pool... Received response to my ticket: superior hint to go to the entrance of instance and select the mode.... I tried but didn't find any entrance inside Retake Weathertop

I'm confused about this one.
    I have done the previous in order they are shwn in quest log, worked fine. Now stuck on Weathertop.
    Tried Candaith camp, no quests (as I've done them long time ago)
    Tried Reflection Pool in Ost Guruth, get the solo version of the instance but no advancement on the quest. Tried it twice now, same result.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Obion; Apr 20 2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Deliverer of pies

Rangers of Eriador @ Laurelin

Post a ticket - GM bestowed solo quests for me (also had to be teleported inside Radagast's tower in Ost Guruth) and i was able to finish it. Now reflecting pool has solo versions of instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Same problem for me, i did that quests originally in old fellowship mode and don't have selection with reflecting pool... Received response to my ticket: superior hint to go to the entrance of instance and select the mode.... I tried but didn't find any entrance inside Retake Weathertop
    Great that we have GMs with no clue about the game. Both being Travel with npc instances.

Hear is the GM "HELP"

Description:
    Year 2 Trifles: Reflections I Quests tells me I need to run the solo version of Red-pass and Retaking Weathertop. Retaking weather top has the group and solo versions but Red-pass has only the fellow option. I did the fellow version but got no advance on my quest. Will I not be able to complete this section till fixed or is there another way of starting the solo version? Have gone to speak to Radaghast but can't start it there. The solo Weathertop completed and advanced the quest.

History:
    04/20/17 02:50 PM Thank you for your request for assistance. Unfortunately we have to close this request as you were offline with the affected character at the time we were able to assist you. The issue you are reporting cannot be resolved while you are offline. If you have a similar issue in the future, please submit a new help request from the character experiencing the issue and we will be happy to assist you. - +Maji+

04/20/17 01:54 PM Still no GM help, so I checked the reflecting pool on another character and only the two fellow versions are available to him.

04/20/17 01:24 PM Well in a few hours I've been waiting for a replay I checked that I had done the original Red-pass back in the day. Only those who've never done is could do it via picking up the quest chain and not using the reflecting pool. Doesn't help me though.

This is the Flagship Event and they don't even care. I have since switched char to one that had done neither Instance and did indeed pick up the quest lines and an now in a position to do the solo versions of both quests.

Mac

PS I'm switching toons to try and get some more details for them and they use that as a excuse for ignoring me. Have we just got DDO GMs now like the EP and CM?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Post a ticket - GM bestowed solo quests for me (also had to be teleported inside Radagast's tower in Ost Guruth) and i was able to finish it. Now reflecting pool has solo versions of instances.

I didn't get a quick response from the GM. Am I going to stand in front of the Reflecting pool for 3 hours. No.

At least they know it's a thing and can advance people.

Mac

I got a GM quite quickly (Evernight) - they completed the whole quest for me to fix it as they couldn't get the solo versions to bestow. Bit of a bother, least I got it advanced, so thanks to them for that!
    Xandarien Elanessa, Híril of Pupils of the Istari on Evernight

Sindarin Lessons

After 50 mins got a GM.

They offered to complete quest for me but I play to play the game not circumvent it, so they bestowed the quest on me. However I have no access to Radaghast's door to speak to him and travel with him, 3rd ticket in play.

Mac

5 hours of waiting on gladden and i finally got a reply. It was because back in the day i did it in a fellow, so he gave me the quests to redo as solo. So i had to go to reflecting pool and select it, run it then hand in the quest and run it again for the deed to finish. So atleast it is working now. They are going to be releasing a hot fix for this issue as well.

ETA: red maid will not complete as you cannot get into the tower to start the quest chain like you could do with canith for weathertop
    Last edited by nymerias; Apr 20 2017 at 05:29 PM.

A GM bestowed me both quests and I insisted to be ported inside the tower.
    All worked perfectly.

On gladden Radagast is now outside his tower. So if you need to speak to him 1st now you can.

I don't know why they restricted it to solo only to begin with, and once you do an instance it really should be available for both methinks.

Got my GM response on Weathertop and he added completed Solo instance to my quest log, which he said would unlock the solo instance from the reflecting pool. I wasn't near the pool so I accepted the explanation and ticket was closed.
    But when I checked later, it still didn't unlock solo instance at the reflecting pool.
    He said that they'll be doing a hot fix on it soon though so I'll probably just wait for that.
    Last edited by SnowCrasher; Apr 21 2017 at 03:35 AM.
    Chickening Around the LotRO Webcomic

I have done Weathertop and Red Pass both in fellowship and solo in the past so the solo versions were available to me at the reflecting pool. However, after completing both, did not get credit on the quest. I also tried to get Under the Greenfields at the reflecting pool, but got the error "You do not have the corresponding quest". I checked and I have completed the chain in the past. So why Can't I get the quest at the reflecting pool?

As much as I don't mind running all over doing past areas (I am a level capped hunter and can get everywhere), a lot of my kin mates are disappointed. I can get them to some places but some they just can't even port to making for some very unhappy people.

Shame really.

Here's hoping whatever hot fix they are planning fixes all the issues and I can complete this.

Tried the GM suggestion.
    Logged a ticket in-game around 3:26 pm yesterday. Got a very friendly response back at 7:59 pm that they'd close the ticket cause I was offline.
    Sitting throughout the night, I'm in CET time, isn't really working.

GM's have always been very helpful and friendly those few times I've sent a ticket, so nothing against them. Possibly understaffed for these sort of issues?

Hopefully the quest get fixed, otherwise I'll just have to skip the Anniversary quest thingy.
    Deliverer of pies

Rangers of Eriador @ Laurelin

I have the same issue, and filed a help request. After waiting three hours with no response I just logged for the night. Hope they fix this soon.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

There is a workaround.

If you find another player who has the Solo-Instances in the reflections doable, let him open the Solo Instance (he must be in no group).
    He enters the instance and leaves it right away.
    Then he invites the player, who has no chance to do the Solo-Instance. Stay in a group. Now this player enters the solo-instance through the reflections
    and can complete it.

I made this short tutorial video, but it is in german: https://youtu.be/njDCF67n77k

The solo for Retaking Weathertop wasn't available at the OG reflecting pool so I took the group instance. Before launch multiple options for solo or group popped up and I could choose solo.

Unhappy Year 2 Beneath the Greenfield Can't get the reflection pool to open.

I've never had any issues in game with doing quests or festivities till now. Not sure what happened either but can't complete the instance for year 2 trifles instance: Beneath the Greenfields. Wondering if there is anyone else having the same issue as they did with Weather top? I placed a ticket. Not heard a word back. Click on the reflecting pool in Michel Delving and I keep getting "you can't do that" lol

Is it a bug or...is it broken? Do I need to start a new thread as well?

Quote Originally Posted by yieyrueyrterer View Post
    I've never had any issues in game with doing quests or festivities till now. Not sure what happened either but can't complete the instance for year 2 trifles instance: Beneath the Greenfields. Wondering if there is anyone else having the same issue as they did with Weather top? I placed a ticket. Not heard a word back. Click on the reflecting pool in Michel Delving and I keep getting "you can't do that" lol

Is it a bug or...is it broken? Do I need to start a new thread as well?
    You have to do the quest before it appears at the reflecting pool, just like always. In this case, you need to do the Prologue, which starts at Little Delving. You may or may not have to repeat Greenfields, via the reflecting pool, after doing it the normal way, I forget.
    R.I.P. Big E

Beneath the Greenfields Being Buggy

I can't get the dang Beneath the Greenfields to work either. I checked my completed quests and I have done the entire chain including "Beneath the Greenfields". I go to the reflecting pool in Michel Delving, click on the Instance: Beneath the Greennfields" from the list and it says I can't do it because I do not have the corresponding quest. I completed the chain years ago, how am I supposed to have the quest now? Any suggestions?
    I HATE PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beastybunny View Post
    I can't get the dang Beneath the Greenfields to work either. I checked my completed quests and I have done the entire chain including "Beneath the Greenfields". I go to the reflecting pool in Michel Delving, click on the Instance: Beneath the Greennfields" from the list and it says I can't do it because I do not have the corresponding quest. I completed the chain years ago, how am I supposed to have the quest now? Any suggestions?
    That, hmm. Can you join someone else who is already inside the cave (not beat it but just started it) to get credit that way?
    R.I.P. Big E

Posting to provide more data:

on 4/30 I went to Ost Guruth pool. It offered solo Red Pass and fellow Weathertop.

I took fellow Weathertop, then canceled. No solo Weathertop offered. Took solo Red Pass, then pool showed solo Weathertop.

I already had solo Red Pass, so I did it. Did not get credit for completion.

Back to pool - it had gone back to offering only fellow Weathertop and solo Red Pass. Took fellow Weathertop, canceled, was then offered solo Weathertop.

I ran solo Weathertop successfully, but had to go back to the pool and take solo Red Pass and run it a second time to get completion.