We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where is the Anniversary Sale?

Was expecting a pretty nice sale on expansions and maybe even lotro points considering it's the 10th anniversary of lotro, not sure about anyone else.

Not "expecting" it, but I am hoping for a double-bonus, or maybe even triple-bonus points sale.
    CAANJAAL - 115 HUNTER R7, CAANDHUIL - 106 HE CHAMPION, CAANAGER - 105 WARDEN R3, CAANJOB - 14 BURGLAR
    Rangers of the West - Gladden

Hey, how about that?!?!?!?! A double-Bonus Points sale in the store this week!!!!
    CAANJAAL - 115 HUNTER R7, CAANDHUIL - 106 HE CHAMPION, CAANAGER - 105 WARDEN R3, CAANJOB - 14 BURGLAR
    Rangers of the West - Gladden

Are we gonna have any anniversary special sales???

I've also been looking forward to the usual anniversary store sales, but so far all we have is the regular weekly sale, and no mention of anything special coming, or hint to "watch the store". Have to just hope and be patient, I guess. But if it's like the stuff last year where there'd be special sales for two days with no advance notice as to what was going on sale, then a lot of us will miss out anyway because we don't check religiously every single day just in case.

April 24th?

I've heard some talk about the expansions going on sale on the actual day LOTRO came out which is April 24th, I guess we'll have to just wait and see. I wish they announced this kind of stuff. With the mordor expansion coming out in the summer you would think they would discount the current expansions before then, what better time than the 10th friggin anniversary of LOTRO! that's a big deal so it would be very disappointing if they didn't.

If they do not have a quad pack sale of some kind, I have a feeling that many will be bailing. I already had several kinmates who have joined in the last few months ask about it on Friday and were disappointed and expressed that their foray would probably end if it didn't go on sale as they did not like the idea of paying so much for older content. I think SSG's has a huge influx of new and returning players since taking over and also since announcing Mordor and this is a good time to get those new folks hooked in. Don't let them slip away SSG. They are willing to stay.
    Pinched - Burglar - Founding member of the Kin that Says Nii on Landroval.

I'm pretty annoyed that the quad pack isn't on sale. I won't quit just because of it though. I'll play through Moria and then quit, probably.

Yeah I just cannot believe there not having any special Anniversary sales. Really disappointed.

Yeah, I'm a new player and this will probably be my bail-out point. Joined up in January. Well, originally had an account years ago but life got in the way and I came back recently. I subbed so I could have the quest packs leading up to Moria, as well as the other benefits. Figured I'd stagger my gameplay and wait for the anniversary sale, which everyone said happened every year. Now I'm in Moria and can't really do much, and it looks like there's no anniversary sale, which is especially odd considering it's the 10 year. But $15/month for an older MMO, plus $40 for old expansions, plus full price for Helm's expansion, plus full price for the upcoming Mordor expansion. Just not happening for a decade old game. So even if I didn't resub after this 3-month block and just played as premium the total cost would be 30 (sub)+40 (quad) +40 (Helm's)+40 (conservative Mordor price). That's $150 on a video game. Nope. I'll probably unsub after this 3-month block is up. I'd like to say I'd come back whenever the next sale actually happens, but the odds of me picking it back up after a break are pretty slim.

Just doesn't make sense for Standing Stones. The only outcome of not doing a sale is losing players, thus, revenue. There is no benefit. Just a bad business decision. Could have gotten a bunch of new players hooked and ready to spend on Helm's and Mordor. I'm starting to see why I've noticed so much anti-Standing Stones discussion in world chat. Looks like they're generally dropping the ball.

agree disappointed no quad pack on sale (yet?)
    but they are doing another 12hr stream tomorrow and celebration isn't over http://www.mmorpg.com/lord-of-the-ri...row-1000044022

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman_84 View Post
    Yeah, I'm a new player and this will probably be my bail-out point. Joined up in January. Well, originally had an account years ago but life got in the way and I came back recently. I subbed so I could have the quest packs leading up to Moria, as well as the other benefits. Figured I'd stagger my gameplay and wait for the anniversary sale, which everyone said happened every year. Now I'm in Moria and can't really do much, and it looks like there's no anniversary sale, which is especially odd considering it's the 10 year. But $15/month for an older MMO, plus $40 for old expansions, plus full price for Helm's expansion, plus full price for the upcoming Mordor expansion. Just not happening for a decade old game. So even if I didn't resub after this 3-month block and just played as premium the total cost would be 30 (sub)+40 (quad) +40 (Helm's)+40 (conservative Mordor price). That's $150 on a video game. Nope. I'll probably unsub after this 3-month block is up. I'd like to say I'd come back whenever the next sale actually happens, but the odds of me picking it back up after a break are pretty slim.

Just doesn't make sense for Standing Stones. The only outcome of not doing a sale is losing players, thus, revenue. There is no benefit. Just a bad business decision. Could have gotten a bunch of new players hooked and ready to spend on Helm's and Mordor. I'm starting to see why I've noticed so much anti-Standing Stones discussion in world chat. Looks like they're generally dropping the ball.
    Me, and two other friends share the same struggle as you.

Really, really, really dissappointed to not see an big sale during the 10 years. We need to buy some quad packs and Helms Deep, but with full price? Nah.

They CANNOT made this game harder for new players, pay vip, buy Moria, buy Mirk, buy Isen, buy Rohan, and worst: buy 2013's Helms Deep, for (still!) the FULL FRIG PRICE! An 4 years old content that is barely essential this days.

Oh, and remember, they took the game off Steam in the split from Warner, so no more Steam Sales.

Seriously Standing Stone Games, learn from Blizzard, bundle up all the old expansions in a single small purchase making the game accessible for new players, and sell the most recent exp for the full price.

Yep. They really do make it a challenge for new players. I had to spend a decent amount of time figuring out what the subscription covers, what's included already and what needs to be purchased with an expansion, and how I was going to go about spending my money. Unfortunately, a month or two ago I figured anniversary sales into my spending plan. This game is really piecemealed out in small portions, which is really frustrating, but I guess somewhat typical for an MMO.

And yeah, if a game has a new expansion, then old expansions need to be on sale at least a few times a year, if not constantly on sale, but especially during a sale that typically happens every year. This content is old. I'm not saying it's not good. But it's old. Not to mention the game's population isn't exactly at its peak, so at any given time you may struggle finding people to even play the content with, as far as instances/raids go.

I'm just annoyed I waited a few months for nothing, which should have been something based on previous years. One thing I want to point out is that the LOTRO Market is still located on a Turbine domain. I don't want to place blame in the wrong direction. Maybe Turbine is still in control of sales of expansion content and said no to a sale, but that doesn't jive with the anniversary sales in the past, so I doubt that's the case.

People said wait until today. Now people are saying wait until tomorrow. I don't see why they would start a sale after the event begins. And with no word from the devs, I don't see a reason to suspect that any sale is going to happen. Like I said, it'll only result in lost players.

I get the impression the SSG is seriously understaffed or overwhelmed with taking on the continued development of Lotro. Just take a look at the 10 year anniversary event and ask yourself just how much dev time did that really take? My answer is prolly not very much and prolly as much as they could allow.

They more than likely just haven't had the time to get the sales stuff out there...yet!
    Welden of Elendilmir