We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Anniversary Scavenger Hunt - Level requirement?

A lil question for SSG

Can people of all levels do the Anniversary Scavenger Hunt quests, or will some of them go into higher level areas?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

In the past my legacy characters under level 5 haven't been able to do all of the Anniversary events. I don't expect it to be different this time. No problem - I have plenty of characters who *will* enjoy them.

Looking forward to the scavenger hunt!
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Sorry for barging in, I just LOVE your forum name

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    In the past my legacy characters under level 5 haven't been able to do all of the Anniversary events. I don't expect it to be different this time. No problem - I have plenty of characters who *will* enjoy them.

Looking forward to the scavenger hunt!
    That's not what I'm worried about though. When it comes to festival stuff, some of the quests seem to have Lv10 as minimum level, but the scavenger hunt isn't normal festival stuff. It's new

I'm worried about higher level requirements due to this line: "Each quest brings us back to the places we have been," and what areas we are sent to.
    Will that be in low level areas, or can only high level people do some of the quests?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    Sorry for barging in, I just LOVE your forum name
    Thanks, but I was inspired by Eli Wallach, a couple of generations earlier: []
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    That's not what I'm worried about though. When it comes to festival stuff, some of the quests seem to have Lv10 as minimum level, but the scavenger hunt isn't normal festival stuff. It's new

I'm worried about higher level requirements due to this line: "Each quest brings us back to the places we have been," and what areas we are sent to.
    Will that be in low level areas, or can only high level people do some of the quests?
    That does make it sound like it's an event for (near) level cap characters. Go hunt for stuff in areas full of gray mobs.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Your gonna need a high level character & from what I have seen with the 3 quests already this is gonna be a pain in the butt!

My level 16 minstrel is going to die even attempting to do most of the items on that scavenger hunt. Ah well, maybe next year...

I don't know what they expect characters under level 60 to do for this anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
    My level 16 minstrel is going to die even attempting to do most of the items on that scavenger hunt. Ah well, maybe next year...

I don't know what they expect characters under level 60 to do for this anniversary.
    Yeah I don't know how much I am even gonna be able to do. This is very disappointing.

It's not necessarily a bad thing that those who have taken the time to max out their characters get rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Your gonna need a high level character & from what I have seen with the 3 quests already this is gonna be a pain in the butt!
    That's putting it mildly!

I thought this was about EVERYONE being able to join in this event! This doesn't affect me since I have 5 level 105's, but what about those that don't! When I read about this Scavenger Hunt I had a feeling it would be like this!!

I am already seeing that this event is for level-capped players or toons near cap.

One quest is asking to visit the Cross-Roads among other places, this is close to Mordor. Impossible to get ported there under level 85 at the least.

In order to get the unique rewards/pets/decorations, all quests on the list have to be completed. Also, this event will be gone forever in July. Those with real life happening who aren't fast levelers, long-time players with non-capped toons, as well as new players, are out of luck.

This is week 1 of Scavanger hunt, and already I see I cannot get this done. My main is level 78 (after five years) and as I'm playing with exp-disabler there's no way I will burn through content just to get the levels up to "revisit" it later for these quests.

So much for unique rewards. Very disappointed.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Morthion View Post
    It's not necessarily a bad thing that those who have taken the time to max out their characters get rewarded.
    What if they have not been playing long enough to level up their characters? What about new players? Not everyone has been around for years. At least the Bingo quests were around for a year so newbies could level up their characters while enjoying the adventure. Not the case here, unfortunately. Sadly, new players will need to wait a year before they can do the hunt. Oh, wait. This is a one-time deal. Looks like they're just out of luck.

Happy anniversary.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    I am already seeing that this event is for level-capped players or toons near cap.

One quest is asking to visit the Cross-Roads among other places, this is close to Mordor. Impossible to get ported there under level 85 at the least.

In order to get the unique rewards/pets/decorations, all quests on the list have to be completed. Also, this event will be gone forever in July. Those with real life happening who aren't fast levelers, long-time players with non-capped toons, as well as new players, are out of luck.

This is week 1 of Scavanger hunt, and already I see I cannot get this done. My main is level 78 (after five years) and as I'm playing with exp-disabler there's no way I will burn through content just to get the levels up to "revisit" it later for these quests.

So much for unique rewards. Very disappointed.
    Reading this really saddens me!

Quote Originally Posted by Morthion View Post
    What is a bad thing is that players who don't have capped toons get punished via this haphazard event design that makes it unable for them to participate and complete these quests. That's the thing about event planning, successful ones include all players and get everyone involved. Like festivals and even like Bounders Bounty. An event that doesn't include everyone is a strange. . . event.

This is a strange way to mark a 10th anniversary, as not even all 10-year vets have toons at cap. Might as well call this "Exclusive Maxed Toons Party" or a "Powerleveling Fest". That's much more accurate illustration of what's going on.

The fact that this is a one-time-only event that will be gone forever in 2.5 months, is the icing on the cake.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Dmira View Post
    What if they have not been playing long enough to level up their characters? What about new players? Not everyone has been around for years. At least the Bingo quests were around for a year so newbies could level up their characters while enjoying the adventure. Not the case here, unfortunately. Sadly, new players will need to wait a year before they can do the hunt. Oh, wait. This is a one-time deal. Looks like they're just out of luck.

Happy anniversary.
    The bingo quests are still available to players who have not done them. It's nice that those quests are available any time.

Very bad joke from SSG doing ANNIVERSARY event for some levels only ... for you defending it, remember, this is anniversary festival ... shoud be for all ... just sad

Quote Originally Posted by Jurny View Post
    That's putting it mildly!

I thought this was about EVERYONE being able to join in this event! This doesn't affect me since I have 5 level 105's, but what about those that don't! When I read about this Scavenger Hunt I had a feeling it would be like this!!
    I'm pretty upset about this too. I've played lotro since launch (10 year veteran) and my highest level is 95 right now, and even he has never been to the dead marshes or henneth annun, those are two places I need to go and kill mobs within the very FIRST scavenger quest I picked up. I was hoping to do this on my alts, but now I'm not even sure I'll be able to complete these quests on my main...

Pretty disappointed but what can you do.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    What they should of done what divide the 3 quests into certain amount of levels for each one. That way more would get an opportunity to complete at least 1.

From memory, one of the quests have everything from level 20s & under to complete, then the last item you have to go to North Illithen. WTH

That is just stupid design imo.
    Agree completely. At least if there was option to choose from several quest-options, and still earn rewards for completion of the choice-quest, that would be fair and all-inclusive. Then players could choose according to level range. Old Foes quest asks to kill mobs around Eriador, that's far more reasonable. But then Travel quest asks to visit Cross Roads in Ithilien. And players have to complete *all* the listed quests - for a once-only event that will be gone forever in July.

If this Scavenger Hunt was around forever like Bingo stuff, nobody would be disappointed... then players could complete them as they level up at their own pace. This is the biggest issue and bad event design, making a limited-time-only unrepeatable event and gating it behind near-cap-level, barring many from participating.

All it does is remind me how many wonderful things are waiting in life once I close my laptop and step away from the game. If the event's goal was to create a compulsive grind by keeping players desperately playing and leveling before it's gone forever, then it failed - this is at least one person who isn't biting the hook. As for "revisiting memories of Middle Earth for our 10th anniversary", anyone can do it with a book - at least book editions of LotR don't exclude readers from participating based on whatever stat.
    Last edited by Herwegur; Apr 20 2017 at 02:03 AM.

Epic fail on Dev team , Scavenger hunt should have been for all levels. Make so 105s can do them. Hope they can support your company. Just canceled my VIP. Good luck low levels.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    -- Yoda

Looks like everyone in this thread hasn't even attempted the quests? You only need to complete ONE of the three quests for each year to complete Waldo's quest. You get to choose which one you complete. You do NOT have to do the higher level ones at all.

I think the only requirement for high level stuff is the deed completions. (Travels, Trifles and Tales deeds)
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Looks like everyone in this thread hasn't even attempted the quests? You only need to complete ONE of the three quests for each year to complete Waldo's quest. You get to choose which one you complete. You do NOT have to do the higher level ones at all.

I think the only requirement for high level stuff is the deed completions. (Travels, Trifles and Tales deeds)
    Thanks for posting this Chromite, that is super helpful to know.

Also, unrelated (sort of), but doesn't it not make sense for us to visit Bilbo in the last homely house, assuming he is off close to Mordor by now?
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

requirement for high level stuff is the deed completions. (Travels, Trifles and Tales deeds)
    So, the unique titles earnable from these deeds are gated behind near-cap level as well. Travels quest deed offers the title "Wanderer of Middle Earth" - would love to wear it permanently on my main, and now this is just another reminder of excluding players from this "anniversary celebration" based on level range, another title I don't stand a chance of getting. Like a slap on the face for non-near-cap players who have been with the game a long time precisely due to atmosphere and Middle Earth immersion. Iconic titles like this ought to be earnable by all, as part of anniversary celeration, and event deeds ought to be inclusive to give *all* players a chance.

"Happy anniversary."
    Last edited by Herwegur; Apr 20 2017 at 02:57 AM.

This is nice but actually wont help that much. 3 quests ...

1st - towering monuments - requires visit lvl 105 places
    2nd - frodo - requires visit lvl 105 places
    3rd - old foes - (correct me if I am wrong) - they are lvl 60 from esteldín

So again, there is level requirement for anniversary (for everyne) treasure hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    Thanks, but I was inspired by Eli Wallach, a couple of generations earlier: []

Blondie!!!!!! You dirty son of a waaa waaaa waaaa!

I must have seen that movie at least 40 times over the last 50 years.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast