We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wastes Crafting Instances ... did I miss the memo?

I finally got my main through all the preliminaries and went through the crafting instance for the first time.

I died about twelve or thirteen times (one loses count after a while). This was not unexpected; I'm a wimpy LM in light armour.

I'm also a Historian, and I went in there expecting to find Scholar nodes. Instead, I got Prospector nodes.

My husband's Woodworker/Forester also got Prospector nodes.

His alt the Prospector, on the other hand, got Scholar nodes.

If this is a consistent pattern, I should've thought there would be a LOT of comment about it, but I haven't seen any.

Is this a rare bug and we just happened to hit it three times out of three? Or, is it a widespread bug and everybody has been too mad chewing nails and spitting rust to comment?

I hope to Iluvatar it isn't deliberate, making us run through the tunnels killing (practically) endless Orcs and Maggot Larvae and (inadvertently) Slag-Slugs who happened to get too close, taunted by the sight of nodes we can't collect? It would not be in character for Turbine > SSG, who have always tried to adhere to the Tolkien ethos.

Anyone have any information?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Just because loremasters wear light armor that does not mean they are wimpy. If you build a lore-master properly (with morale and mits) they are pretty indestructible with pet & water lore.

Anyhow, it sounds like you only went into the Skoironk solo resource dungeon. There is also a Towers of the Teeth resource dungeons full of scholar nodes.

There are no resource dungeons that give nodes for farmers/foresters.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Just because loremasters wear light armor that does not mean they are wimpy. If you build a lore-master properly (with morale and mits) they are pretty indestructible with pet & water lore.
    I have those. For some reason, though, Water-lore didn't work half the time, even though it had cooled down.

What are mits?

Anyhow, it sounds like you only went into the Skoironk solo resource dungeon. There is also a Towers of the Teeth resource dungeons full of scholar nodes.
    Thanks; I'll try that one next time, after my bruises heal.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    I have those. For some reason, though, Water-lore didn't work half the time, even though it had cooled down.

What are mits?
    Mits is short for Mitigations. Physical Mitigation and Tactical Mitigation. Tier 1 cap for light armor wearers' mitigation is 40% (hover mouse over each mitigation rating and read the tooltip).
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

What are mits?

Thanks; I'll try that one next time, after my bruises heal.
    While I haven't done Skoirong on my LM, it seems to be easier then the Tower. The Tower has more signature mobs which are at times grouped.

My husband's Woodworker/Forester also got Prospector nodes.

His alt the Prospector, on the other hand, got Scholar nodes.
    We never had the crafting instance depending on what vocation you had in game, all the previous ones were set by the instance not who is running it, since they first appeared in Moria. Skoironk has prospectors nodes, Towers has scholars. Did you expect to find different nodes in the same instance if you entered with different character?

If you watch your pulls you never get more than 3 mobs at once and for LM that should be more than doable even in worst gear.

Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    We never had the crafting instance depending on what vocation you had in game, all the previous ones were set by the instance not who is running it, since they first appeared in Moria. Skoironk has prospectors nodes, Towers has scholars. Did you expect to find different nodes in the same instance if you entered with different character?
    Yes, actually, I did. That was the impression I got from various comments. Clearly, I was misinformed.

If you watch your pulls you never get more than 3 mobs at once and for LM that should be more than doable even in worst gear.
    I can handle two of almost anything, by stunning one of them. Three can become a problem. And when I turn a corner and five or six of them jump me, I'm toast.

Mits is short for Mitigations. Physical Mitigation and Tactical Mitigation. Tier 1 cap for light armor wearers' mitigation is 40% (hover mouse over each mitigation rating and read the tooltip).
    Okay, it's a characteristic of armour. Perhaps I can upgrade mine a bit. Thanks for the info.

Okay, it's a characteristic of armour. Perhaps I can upgrade mine a bit. Thanks for the info.
    Armor Rating gives mitigations... but you'll want to use essences of mitigation or virtues to increase them.

Armor Rating gives mitigations... but you'll want to use essences of mitigation or virtues to increase them.
    Okay; one more question, if you don't mind. Searching my storage mules for essences, I find that some of them are marked "Physical (or Tactical) Mitigation" and others, "Physical (or Tactical) Mastery." Are they equivalent? If not, what do the latter do?

Okay; one more question, if you don't mind. Searching my storage mules for essences, I find that some of them are marked "Physical (or Tactical) Mitigation" and others, "Physical (or Tactical) Mastery." Are they equivalent? If not, what do the latter do?
    Mastery and Mitigation are two different things. Mastery helps how much damage you can do to enemies and Mitigation helps to prevent the damage your enemies do to you. (Helps to reduce it)

Mastery and Mitigation are two different things. Mastery helps how much damage you can do to enemies and Mitigation helps to prevent the damage your enemies do to you. (Helps to reduce it)
    Ahhhhh. Sounds as if I need both. Thanks!

Edit: So I picked over my stored essences, and my stored slotted dropped armour, and I buffed up my mitigations and masteries as far as I could. And I went and did the Towers.

Again, I didn't keep track of how many times I died. but my repair bill was about 600 silver. I didn't kill the boss; I never got *near* the boss. But I killed enough Uruks, and collected (just barely) enough Gifts of Rhun, to finish the other two quests. And I picked up a few Scholar nodes.

I think I would've picked up as many nodes or more just cruising the Wastes.

I don't think I'll try it again, not until the next level cap raise. But thank you, everybody, for the advice.
    Last edited by djheydt; Apr 20 2017 at 07:23 PM.

So I picked over my stored essences, and my stored slotted dropped armour, and I buffed up my mitigations and masteries as far as I could. And I went and did the Towers.
    That is not how you do it. You do not buff your stats as far as they go, there are caps and diminishing returns and you have to prioritize some stats over some others. You check your character panel and see what are you lacking or what you have in abundance. I usually get my crit rating to 17600 first, relics and weapon/class titles help there a lot. Then I consider what would be a comfortable morale pool, maybe 25000 minimum if I expect to be hit. Then I add some finesse, 2 essences should do fine for landscape/solo dungeons. Then I do mitigations - for easier content you need a bit over 13000 with light armor, anything over that is a waste. You can basically get that with virtues and your main stat contribution. Only when I am done with all that I go all out on mastery. Mind that your main stat gives mastery along other things as well, and sometimes it is a better bang for your buck to get more will/agi/might than raw mastery.
    It all depends on the class and LIs/legacies you have too. I have crit legacy on my minstrel healing weapon so I can safely have barely 14000 crit on her. My hunter has -evade legacy so I dont sport so much finesse on her as I do on my champ. And so on.

There are a lot of guides out there and just reading wiki about stats can help you get a grasp on what you should do.

You should not run around the corners without thinking either. If you approach carefully, tab all the time and check positional indicator you know what mobs you can expect and where way before you run into them and prepare. I have been doing Sko and TotT 3rd day of the update on 3 characters almost every day and I never saw a pull larger than 3 mobs yet. They may seem to be on heap but when you start pulling you will see you can safely separate what looks like a tight group. Just dont run heedlessly into them.

Edit: So I picked over my stored essences, and my stored slotted dropped armour, and I buffed up my mitigations and masteries as far as I could. And I went and did the Towers.

Again, I didn't keep track of how many times I died. but my repair bill was about 600 silver. I didn't kill the boss; I never got *near* the boss. But I killed enough Uruks, and collected (just barely) enough Gifts of Rhun, to finish the other two quests. And I picked up a few Scholar nodes.

I don't think I'll try it again, not until the next level cap raise. But thank you, everybody, for the advice.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula

Find stat caps. And what is useful for you. Try aim higher morale than normal mobs. Job done. Rest is skill.

The problem is your infamous "builds."

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topi...#comment-90057

The solo crafting instances are boringly easy. If you genuinely want help we're going to need screenshots or a itemized breakdown of every piece of gear you have, so as to advise the best upgrade paths. Otherwise, please refrain from complaining on the forums, you and your spouse have spent years and thousands of posts trying to bring this game down to your level.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r11 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Well seeing that someone with the join date 2007. and 13k posts "missed the memo" about the nature of crafting instances she should have first visited in Moria, I think we all know what is the issue about without bringing up 2 years old petty threads from another forum.

I do believe I remember wasting my time and trying to help that same poster in the past already, just to be brushed aside with "I cant do that". I guess someone has to be that lowest common denominator even though it is hard to believe that one can play some game so many years and still be *that* clueless about it.