We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Map Addon

Map Addon

Hello,

I'm looking for a maps addon that is similar to EQ2 Maps but for this game? I checked out the lotro interface site but could use suggestions for a good map addon that won't bork my game installation/files. Thank you

The Lua APi does not expose any map information so your choices are extremely limited. There are only two map plug-ins and one related.

MoorMap provides maps equivalent to the in-game maps with some additional functionality (custom annotatons, breadcrumbs, searching, overlays, etc.) but without the Quest tracker.
    TerrainMap provides a Google-style map using the in-game game radar background tiles with some of the built-in annotations and scrolling/zooming. It also has a search function for locating any of the annotations.
    Waypoint by Lunarwater provides map-help in that it provides an on screen directional arrow pointing to your destination but it requires user interaction to update the arrow since as stated initially, the API doesn't directly expose positional data.

All three are available from lotrointerface.com. MoorMap and Waypoint are integrated in that you can select an annotation in MoorMap and send the coordinates to Waypoint (if installed) to provide the onscreen arrow to those coordinates. MoorMap and TerrainMap are usually updated about two to three weeks after each update (all of the annotations have to be located and entered into the database then the data files exported, maps identified, terrain tiles identified and pieced together, etc. which tends to be time consuming but is the only solution that doesn't violate the EULA).

Quote Originally Posted by Sylviana2000 View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for a maps add on that is similar to EQ2 Maps but for this game? I checked out the lotro interface site but could use suggestions for a good map addon that won't bork my game installation/files. Thank you
    i wish they would make the map adjustable. make is smaller thus i could keep it up on screen as im making way doing quest that one size map fits all is to bulky and in the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualcracker View Post
    i wish they would make the map adjustable. make is smaller thus i could keep it up on screen as im making way doing quest that one size map fits all is to bulky and in the way...
    That is one of the features of the MoorMap plugin, it is dynamically resizable and repositionable (plus a lot more). You can even adjust the opacity to keep it up without totally blocking what is displayed behind it. One downside is the API doesn't allow us to automatically position the character on the map so you have to either click the position button to refresh your position or use the /loc command (if you have a programmable keyboard you can set the /loc command to be automatically typed every few seconds to simulate automatically updating the position).
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=532

This is also partially possible with skins, I believe the JRR skins collection is one that supports the map as a window rather than full screen:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ddleearth.html
    Last edited by Garan; Apr 25 2017 at 11:01 AM.

In game default Map Size can be edited as well via the LUA config, it's fairly simple to do, the information is posted on the JRR UI Compilation page. I prefer full screen map, many of the UI's use a smaller map size by default, so instructions to change that are provided.

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm looking for a smaller map solution as well and this came up on a search.

I've tried the JRR Skins, and yes the map is smaller, but it's really too small! Okay, maybe I'm just old... ;-)

I also tried doing as suggested in this thread and making my own skin:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...ead.php?t=3584

and using different numbers for the resolution (Width="1280" Height="960"), but the map size is still 1024 x 768 just like it was in the JRR skins. Is there some limitation to changing those numbers? Are we stuck with either full screen (and blurry) or 1024 x 768?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvaden View Post
    In game default Map Size can be edited as well via the LUA config, it's fairly simple to do, the information is posted on the JRR UI Compilation page. I prefer full screen map, many of the UI's use a smaller map size by default, so instructions to change that are provided.
    Does this mean doing what I've already done, or is there some other method that I've yet to try?

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzhia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvaden
    Does this mean doing what I've already done, or is there some other method that I've yet to try?

Thanks for any help!
    Elvaden is mixing terminology. Lua refers to actual plugin applications written in the Lua programming language. Skins such as the JRR UI Compilation use SkinDefinition.XML files and image resources to change the display of the existing UI by either replacing images or changing size and position values and has nothing to do with Lua. He is referring to what you already tried to do. FWIW, the actual in-game image in the .dat file is 1024x768 and gets stretched to fit your full screen by default. You should be able to obtain any size but there may be a glitch with regards to the map - I would suggest posting your query on lotrointerface.com or try PMing the person currently maintaining the JRR skins (I believe it's Adra) on that site to determine if you've just missed something.

Thanks so much Garan! I'll see if I can get with Adra and get some advice.