We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's the current optimal PvMP build?

As title.

I've been away for a few months. Last time I played, Yellow was the trend. It seems everybody is running Blue, now.

What about armour -- it seems Erebor is mandatory. Is that true for PvMP as well?

Yes, blue and 2 pieces from Erebor is the way to go right now.
    Lots of threads from forums but you can check newest one:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...utdated-hunter
    Cheers!

I may have missed it in other threads, but is the 3-slot Lvl 100 Audacity armor worth getting? Does the +24 in Aud help enough to offset the loss in other stats?
    CAANJAAL - 115 HUNTER R7, CAANDHUIL - 115 HE CHAMPION, CAANAGER - 105 WARDEN R3, CAANJOB - 18 BURGLAR
    Rangers of the West - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    I may have missed it in other threads, but is the 3-slot Lvl 100 Audacity armor worth getting? Does the +24 in Aud help enough to offset the loss in other stats?

The lv100 pvp armour is trash.

if you can raid go for 4 pieces hs reset set+2pieces penshot mitigation set.
    if you cant raid go for 4 pieces osgiliath hs reset set and 2 erebor for fleetnes.
    Stack between 40-60k moral and the 16% mitigation from redline and you gonna faceroll everything.
    EN Evernight:Drizzels Burgler R12(Main),Mellartach Hunter r12,Drizzels-1 Burgler R15,Khasi Guardian R9,Killiandi Captain r10,Silvior LM R10.Challenger of Gothmog
    NA Gladden:Drizzeld Minstrel R7(Main),Drizzels Burgler R4.Challenger of Gothmog
    Creeps:Luraer Reaver r14,Apfelwarg-1 Warg r11,Drizzeld Wl r9

Quote Originally Posted by Kasius View Post
    The lv100 pvp armour is trash.

if you cant raid go for 4 pieces osgiliath hs reset set and 2 erebor for fleetnes.
    Stack between 40-60k moral and the 16% mitigation from redline and you gonna faceroll everything.
    Thanks! I'm currently running 4-Pel and 2-Erebor, just gotta get into some raid runs to pick up that set. Currently specced blue but into red far enough for 1 tick of Bodkin Arrows. Only at 30k Morale, but have little trouble unless I/we are decidedly outnumbered. Was just wondering if the bonus of having high Audacity was worth the loss of the other stats and from what you are saying, it isn't.
    CAANJAAL - 115 HUNTER R7, CAANDHUIL - 115 HE CHAMPION, CAANAGER - 105 WARDEN R3, CAANJOB - 18 BURGLAR

How on (middle) earth does one "Stack between 40-60k moral[e]" when using osgiliath and erebor? I assume you're still capping mits, some finesse etc. You must be giving up a lot of phys mast / agility.

Also, if you have the Throne armour, do you actually choose the penshot mit bonus over fleetness?

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    How on (middle) earth does one "Stack between 40-60k moral[e]" when using osgiliath and erebor? I assume you're still capping mits, some finesse etc. You must be giving up a lot of phys mast / agility.

Also, if you have the Throne armour, do you actually choose the penshot mit bonus over fleetness?
    With 4 pieces of the T2 raid set you could do it, but as you said, it would be a big whack to Agil/Phys Mast. Going off my T2 build, I could get to over 40-45k Morale, but I'd lose 15-20k Phys Mast at least. That would put me at around 67-72k Phys Mast. Mits are at T2 cap when buffed and Finesse is at 7k, which is where I regularly run Finesse now. My T2 build is currently 2-Erebor and 4-Pel pieces.

I may go ahead and pick-up a couple more swap pieces of jewelry and put Temp-Ith Morales on them and see what that does to DPS in the Moors. That should put me at around 76-78 Phys Mast and 35-37k Morale.

The main thing I was looking for was whether or not Audacity was worth going after. Hopefully this is all helping answer OP's question as well.

Yes ofc those stats are not possible with osgiliath armour.
    Yes i use penshot mit over fleetness since i play more in redline.and even in blueline you got enaugh focus and the penshot mit set is amazing.

My stats in pvp(with 2ops).

60k moral
    12k finesse
    17700crit
    97k phys mastery
    18k tact mit
    29k phys mit
    EN Evernight:Drizzels Burgler R12(Main),Mellartach Hunter r12,Drizzels-1 Burgler R15,Khasi Guardian R9,Killiandi Captain r10,Silvior LM R10.Challenger of Gothmog

Yes i use penshot mit over fleetness since i play more in redline.and even in blueline you got enaugh focus and the penshot mit set is amazing.

60k moral
    12k finesse
    17700crit
    97k phys mastery
    18k tact mit
    29k phys mit
    OK, that makes more sense. I've been starting to rethink the Erebor set just because its getting to be a bigger hit the higher in Phys Mast we get. So its really getting borderline being worth equipping. It costs me approx 17-18% of Physical Mastery's contribution to DPS just to have the Erebor pieces equipped now. Another option I'm discovering is traiting Rapid Fire and using that everytime its off cooldown in place of Erebor. It doesn't match the number of procs I get from the armor, but its marginalized because of keeping much higher Phys Mast. Plus, Power issues aren't nearly as prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    OK, that makes more sense. I've been starting to rethink the Erebor set just because its getting to be a bigger hit the higher in Phys Mast we get. So its really getting borderline being worth equipping. It costs me approx 17-18% of Physical Mastery's contribution to DPS just to have the Erebor pieces equipped now. Another option I'm discovering is traiting Rapid Fire and using that everytime its off cooldown in place of Erebor. It doesn't match the number of procs I get from the armor, but its marginalized because of keeping much higher Phys Mast. Plus, Power issues aren't nearly as prevalent.
    You probably can't get to the max tier 3 barrage as much which saves on power consumption but then lowers dps.

60k moral
    12k finesse
    17700crit
    97k phys mastery
    18k tact mit
    29k phys mit
    Those are some very high numbers. How do you achieve all that? I'm running full ithilien-tempered essences and not quite at those numbers.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Those are some very high numbers. How do you achieve all that? I'm running full ithilien-tempered essences and not quite at those numbers.
    They don't seem mathematically possible. Assuming the best gear, full T2 Throne fully upgraded, Black Gate gear plus the 2 gold rings from North Ithilien, I count about 9,000 morale as passives on gear. The latest essences give 1,089 morale per. With about 43? essence slots, I don't see how one could have 60k morale AND 97k phys mast, never mind the rest of the stats shown.

With moral tome its like 60100,so a little less on that screen

I use:22moral,1critdeff,3phys,2t act,3finesse and 18 agi essences.

You probably can't get to the max tier 3 barrage as much which saves on power consumption but then lowers dps.
    That's where the higher Phys Mast comes in. It helps to negate the drop in max tiered Barrage3's you get. A few months ago, our Phys Mast levels wouldn't support this. Now, its borderline and worth doing some testing.

I gotta get on the ball and find a group running the raid! Don't know if I'll run your exact build, but there's a group of Wargs I know that I'd love to surprise them with something like that!

Is that 4 raid + 2 Erebor???

Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    ofc not.
    read above why

No doubt your build is good , but all these buffs just suck for comparing tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    As I understand it he's using 6 pieces of T2 Throne; 4 pieces for HS reset and 2 for PS mit bonus, forgoing the fleetness bonus. However, with 22 morale essences, plus another ~12K morale built into gear that comes to about 36k morale, so I'm still not seeing where the additional 24K is coming from.

As I understand it he's using 6 pieces of T2 Throne; 4 pieces for HS reset and 2 for PS mit bonus, forgoing the fleetness bonus. However, with 22 morale essences, plus another ~12K morale built into gear that comes to about 36k morale, so I'm still not seeing where the additional 24K is coming from.
    He's easily closer to 50k without rank bonus, hope and man morale. Classes can get 90k mastery + 40k morale builds in pve if you try even a bit. Add up ettens OPs, rank, hope, etc etc.

I need to join some raid asap. I always find no free slot

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    He's easily closer to 50k without rank bonus, hope and man morale. Classes can get 90k mastery + 40k morale builds in pve if you try even a bit. Add up ettens OPs, rank, hope, etc etc.
    I wouldn't question 90k +40k as it's pretty clear how those numbers could be reached with good gear. However, we're talking about 97k + 60k, and it's where that addtional 27k is coming from that I'm questioning.

the phys/tact, are those mitigations or mastery?
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter