We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Time is up, where is the surprise announcement?
    Yes we'd love to hear it!
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 115~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 106~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 23
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

This was posted on Mr. Thomas's Facebook 5 days ago:

Oh yes, and stay tuned for that surprise announcement I hinted at last week. There may actually be TWO surprises to announce...
    Still waiting to find out!

Any news on this? I haven't been on here for several days and wasn't sure if I missed anything. Checked out Chance's FB page and Twitter and didn't see any info...hoping that isn't a bad sign, like perhaps a Mordor soundtrack deal falling through at the last minute?
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 115~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 106~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 23
    Evernight

Thumbs up

I think the announcement is here ...... check your inbox.
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

Today

Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

BREAKING NEWS: Chance Thomas confirms he will be doing the music for the Mordor Expansion! I'm listening to the livestream Cord of the Rings and Chance Thomas himself confirmed it!
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Chance Thomas confirms he will be doing the music for the Mordor Expansion! I'm listening to the livestream Cord of the Rings and Chance Thomas himself confirmed it!
    Not really breaking news imo. Many pretty much new what this was about.

And he creates music for Udun. Sounds like Udun is part of the mordor expansion. not really surprising, huh^^
    gorgoroth is in, too. and Dor Amarth. Does someone know, where Dor Amarth is?
    Nurn and Lithlad havent been mentioned (or I didnt hear it).
    Last edited by Oelle; May 25 2017 at 01:30 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Great, great news! Gonna definitely pre-order now

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    And he creates music for Udun. Sounds like Udun is part of the mordor expansion. not really surprising, huh^^
    gorgoroth is in, too. and Dor Amarth. Does someone know, where Dor Amarth is?
    Nurn and Lithlad havent been mentioned (or I didnt hear it).
    Amon Amarth is an alternative name for Mount Doom

'Dor' means 'region' in Sindarin so Dor Amarth is the region around Mt Doom
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Chance's original work on the 2003 game War of the Ring, made by Vivdendi and published by Sierra Online. As mentioned in the livestream, this same studio worked on a cancelled project of Middle-Earth Online. What was not mentioned was that this game was actually made in partnership towards the tail-end of Vivendi's life with Turbine. As Vivdendi was closed by Sierra (as it made the move to Cafe game publishing) in 2004, Turbine took full control and combined it with Asheron's Call style (obviously taking some elements from WoW) and turned it into the Lord of the Rings Online we know today.

One big giveaway of this is Skorgrim's Tomb in Ered Luin, which was in the original trailer for Middle-Earth online and was actually intended to be a version of Moria - as the video shows a VERY alpha balrog in it.
    Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk0ogD_HMn0

For those curious to think what a Chance Thomas written Mirkwood would have been like, wonder no longer:

Im a little low on my internet connection here, so couldnt watch the stream: any guesses on what the announcement next week could be about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bragolos View Post
    Im a little low on my internet connection here, so couldnt watch the stream: any guesses on what the announcement next week could be about?
    maybe that its possible to preorder mordor and get a CD version of all the songs :P
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I was very happy to hear this Announcement that Chance Thomas would return to lotro to make music for the Mordor expansion! Can't wait to hear this new music
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    Fantastic news, SSG and Chance! So glad to hear this!

/Cheers
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Bragolos View Post
    It was interesting! He was describing the different regions of Mordor and how it shapes the music he's making, I'm excited to hear what the next announcement will be!
    Evernight

I'm pleasantly surprised, even though I did anticipate he would probably do a piece or two for the expansion. Haven't watched the interview yet, but what I read from here, he's doing the whole set. Probably best that way - makes the mood more congruent and better flowing.

Fantastic news!!
    And when will be released the pre order? I want it

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    The image of Galadriel seems to be from Turbine:
    https://twitter.com/lotro/status/629283626614546432
    Found the original image with a transparent background. It's used on this page, which I never noticed before.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3