We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Virtues

A Guide To Virtues

I went ahead and calculated Virtues based on the stats given as a percentage of the current tempered-ithilien essence. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It may seem somewhat complex at first but is broken down as follows:

In red is each virtue's stats out of 1, with 1 being a full tempered ithilien essence. Ex: [Phys mit: 1] would mean 3,252 phys mit is given by that virtue.

In blue is the total stats of each virtue, meaning I added each number in red up.

Finally in Green is the conclusion of which virtues are best for each class/role. Healer meaning: mastery not used, with 3 morale taken from each vitality. Tank meaning: Mastery and crit not used, 5 morale taken from each vitality.

You will also see the following notations: M5, M8, A5, A8, W, 3/Vit, 5/Vit, Crit. The meanings are as follows: M5: 5 mastery from each might, M8: 8 mastery from each might, A5: 5 mastery from each agility, A8, 8 mastery from each agility, W: 8 mastery from each will(bear is not included as mastery is not effective for healing), 3/Vit: 3 morale per vitality, 5/Vit: 5 morale per vitality, and finally, Crit meaning crit is used for that spec.

Also note that resistance is not factored in as it is not needed for Throne t2c raiding.

One final note is that for certain tanks as well as tactical classes with 2h LI stats, the conclusions of which virtues to get may not apply as the primary stat within that virtue may not be needed. A maxed out guard at level cap would not need multiple physical mitigation virtues to overcap phys mit, and so would drop some and refer back to the text in blue for the next best virtue. Likewise, a Lore master or Runekeeper with perfect LI stats who was slotting will essences would not need fidelity as their tactical mitigation would already be overcapped and so would again refer back to the text in blue for the next best virtue.
    Last edited by BooyahGrandma; Apr 16 2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BooyahGrandma View Post
    Also note that resistance is not factored in as it is not needed for Throne t2c raiding.
    First, nice tool, and thanks for posting. Oddly enough I built a very similar spreadsheet this weekend for the exact same purpose. A question for you though related to Resistances. I just recently came back to the game after being gone for three years. I haven't been inside Throne yet, but am gearing up for it. I've read other guides with people saying Resistance is needed in there. I'm curious as to why you find it unnecessary. Are all of the tactical attacks unavoidable? Are there not many status effects etc?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    I'm curious as to why you find it unnecessary. Are all of the tactical attacks unavoidable? Are there not many status effects etc?
    The reason I do not trait resistance in throne is there is only one major resistable attack in throne that will proportionally affect the amount of damage you take. It is a poison from archers that can easily be potted each time you get it. If you were to look at combat analysis after a full challenger run in throne, the proportion of damage taken from resistable attacks means it is not worth it to give up any stats in favour of resistance.
    A player