We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    same issue. black screen on help and store

Quote Originally Posted by Namma View Post
    Mistakenly posted this here when I really wanted to post this at https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...98#post7729398

Sorry. Rather than delete this I am editing it and have also posted much the same in answer to someone who was trying to assist me at the above link.

==========

Just got a minute where I could play around in the computer itself....

Copied the Lord Of The Rings Online folder out of Steam into the main Program Files(x86) dir. Ran the TurbineRegisterGDF and started the game. I did not uninstall Steam yet.

QUESTION: When I ran TurbineRegisterGDF did it locate the files in the NEW location eg., [Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Lord of the Rings Online ? Or should I uninstall Steam and run TurbineRegisterGDF again?

Oddly, the in game store at first did not load, but when I swapped to external store in Options the store loaded in the correct external browser and, when I unchecked external store the in game store then loaded.

I still have to uninstall Steam.

Only a coder could explain what happened there.

Edited to add: and the Help system is now loading where before it did not.
    Please see above bolded and red text.

I DID NOT uninstall Steam. I merely copied The Lord of the Rings folder - COPIED - and pasted it into the main Program Files (x86) directory. Ran the gdf file and THAT IS ALL.

It is usually a good idea to read through, take a deep breath if upset, then re-read to verify what you think you read. Thank you.
    Irritating people? USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Or, click this - EDIT IGNORE LIST. Btw, MMO never meant "all together now". It simply means a server capable of supporting simultaneous play of hundreds or even thousands of players. Anything else is false narrative.

Yup you didn't. If you also read beyond the opening line of my reply, my major problem with the solution was copy/pasting it out of Steam since I need to sub via Steam wallet.

Which leads me to the question, with the fix you made, can you use the Steam Wallet to buy LotRO points?

Quote Originally Posted by Namma View Post
    Please see above bolded and red text.

I DID NOT uninstall Steam. I merely copied The Lord of the Rings folder - COPIED - and pasted it into the main Program Files (x86) directory. Ran the gdf file and THAT IS ALL.

It is usually a good idea to read through, take a deep breath if upset, then re-read to verify what you think you read. Thank you.

Payment Failure on lotro market

Is lotro market out of order recently? I today for the past 3 hours have been trying to buy Mordor in the lotro market store. I have been a member to the lotro community for almost a year now and this is the first time I had issues with the lotro market. I made sure the purchase issue was not on my end, and so I filled out a ticket to help and support about the failed purchase issue as I am still waiting for lotro staff to reply with solutions. Has anyone else experienced this as well?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2