We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Where did all the threads go?

Am I the only one seeing this? This folder shows that 4,063 threads are in it, but when I actually click the folder and enter it, there are only 2 threads here. Even worse, the number of threads appears to be decreasing. I posted a question a couple months back and at that time there were 5 threads here. My question thread is already gone. Why are old threads disappearing while all other folders contain threads going back to at least 2012?

I'm a returning player and I'm actually enjoying my war steed, but I have questions and would love to read some of the old discussions that used to be here. The wiki and other sites only seem to cover the very basics of war steeds - how to acquire one, etc, but have little to no info on the more day-to-day ins and outs of actually using one, combat tactics, etc. I'm really bummed that I can't see the other 4,061 threads that are supposed to be here.

Edit: Oh my gosh. I figured it out, and of course that only happened after posting here. I've been stumped about this for weeks, seriously. Turns out the default setting on these folders is to only show threads posted in the last 75 days. I had to set it to 100+ days for it to show more threads. Apparently, this folder gets so little action that there are big gaps in time between people posting here.

Are war steeds that unpopular or have people simply exhausted all that there is to say about them?

There's really not much to say. A lot of people dislike the war-steeds, too.

The current server performance affects war-steeds tremendously so using them is a big pain.

If you have questions, just ask.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post

The current server performance affects war-steeds tremendously so using them is a big pain.

Thanks, I will! Right now I'm busy reading all the old threads now that I finally found them. My lag hasn't been too bad, probably because I'm still questing in the lower level areas where there aren't as many people.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post

Yeah, I think the main problem is that there's really not been a lot of work done on them for a long time. This may be because, like Epic Battles, there's an impression that nobody likes them (it's not true), or maybe they have taken them as far as they can be taken with the way the code works, but in the end it does bear out that there really hasn't been a lot done about fixing their problems or anything added to the system in a long while and most people just gave up. I quite like the concept myself and the steed animations are gorgeous, but I'll be the first to admit they have problems too. While I use mine all the time, it is seldom to fight.

Yeah, it seems that there hasn't been much work done with the steeds since their release, unfortunately. It would be awesome if they were to polish them a bit more. I love using my war pony around, and use it for both traveling and fighting. I hardly use my regular mounts, since I love the option to customize the war steed. It's a shame that after RoR, war steeds were pretty much left in the dust and some players dislike them. Yeah, they do have their problems, but I do like the way they are animated, and wish there were more choices, as far as customization goes for them, like adding more tack options for them. Where's the simple bridle, saddle, and saddlepad, for when you aren't gearing up to slay monsters or do not quite want to dress like you're prancing in a parade? Another cool option would be to maybe play the instruments while mounted on the steed, or any horse or mount in general. Imagine, if you will, players parading with their steeds, and playing instruments as they walk down the towns and cities, or even across the landscape from town to town.

Another thing they could do (but doubt they will touch the steeds at all) is to fix the strafing a bit, so that the turns are a bit smoother, rather than the horse looking like it's sliding at faster speeds.
    "I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are of evil." -Gandalf ROTK
    "Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime" -Andrew Lloyd Webber
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001c0dcd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Am I the only one seeing this? This folder shows that 4,063 threads are in it, but when I actually click the folder and enter it, there are only 2 threads here. Even worse, the number of threads appears to be decreasing. I posted a question a couple months back and at that time there were 5 threads here. My question thread is already gone. Why are old threads disappearing while all other folders contain threads going back to at least 2012?

I'm a returning player and I'm actually enjoying my war steed, but I have questions and would love to read some of the old discussions that used to be here. The wiki and other sites only seem to cover the very basics of war steeds - how to acquire one, etc, but have little to no info on the more day-to-day ins and outs of actually using one, combat tactics, etc. I'm really bummed that I can't see the other 4,061 threads that are supposed to be here.

Edit: Oh my gosh. I figured it out, and of course that only happened after posting here. I've been stumped about this for weeks, seriously. Turns out the default setting on these folders is to only show threads posted in the last 75 days. I had to set it to 100+ days for it to show more threads. Apparently, this folder gets so little action that there are big gaps in time between people posting here.

Are war steeds that unpopular or have people simply exhausted all that there is to say about them?
    use these settings and click show threads and it will show all the threads...