We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Molten Flame/Mystifying Flames Resist Rate (especially in PvP)

Has anyone noticed a higher resist rate on these two debuffs vs regular fire skills? I'm quite sure I'm wrong but I have seen, more than anything else, these 2 debuffs being resisted. This is especially the case in PvP but I have noticed it also in PvE when I am a solo RK.

Perhaps I'm overlooking this and being stupid but any input would be appreciated.
    Enz
    Original Challenger of Gothmog [x2]
    Leader of Situational Awareness
    Arkenstone

Kinnie (Joedangod) answered this for me. Debuff level is 3, not 105 so it's obviously going to get resisted - potential bug or WAI?
    Enz
    Original Challenger of Gothmog [x2]
    Leader of Situational Awareness
    Arkenstone

Glad someone else noticed, I noticed it tonight (just got the skill and it looked awesome), and then found that Elites - even lower cap than me, were shrugging it off. Good for clearing lesser mobs, so I could concentrate my fire on the big guy/girl/thing; but a bit of a disappointment for what on paper looks like the RK version of a nuke.

Using it also broke aggro on my volcanic runestone, and attracted every mob in the area, so the mobs all went for me. I had about 15 L48s, including several Elites on my L52 with no way out and got killed, I did at least take most of them with me.
    (Drop a runestone, burn a couple, drop a nuke and run, drop a rune stone, burn a couple, drop a nuke and run - into a dead end).

I would have made it if it werent for that damned random skill lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Turepos View Post
    Kinnie (Joedangod) answered this for me. Debuff level is 3, not 105 so it's obviously going to get resisted - potential bug or WAI?
    hmm i then wonder why those debuffs dont get resisted like every time ?! i mean lvl 3 to lvl 105?

Has anyone noticed a higher resist rate on these two debuffs vs regular fire skills? I'm quite sure I'm wrong but I have seen, more than anything else, these 2 debuffs being resisted. This is especially the case in PvP but I have noticed it also in PvE when I am a solo RK.

Perhaps I'm overlooking this and being stupid but any input would be appreciated.
    I was just going to create a thread about this too lol since I haven't seen this anywhere in the RK forums.

Yeah, the debuff level is literally level 3 instead of 105. Since it looks like the debuffs coming from a lvl 3 source, it often gets resisted from any high level mobs like lvl 105. This is clearly a bug.

I believe that level 3 actually comes from the rank 3 in trait trees lol, i'll try to confirm this by traiting 1 or 2 points in trait trees tonight. Looks like a simple mistake messing up ranks in trait tree with levels.

Hope any devs see this. It's a very easy fix and it's actually something seriously hindering RK dps on solo when there is not an armor/mit debuff from other sources or when there is only 1 RK in the group etc.
    Leader of Raging Raiders
    Loshelin-Warden | Barage-Hunter | Firasion-RK | Barashor-Guardian | Aerohn-Minstrel
    Arkenstone's Original Challenger of Gothmog 09/17/16
    YouTube Channel

Yes(should be comfirmed bug/wai) with 1,9%-2,5% resist on even 14,5k finesse RK build at U20 !!!
    Most of them are those passive debuff traits (13,14/15 resist are just those debuff)

I have run with 10,5k finesse with less than 0,2% resist before U20
    After U20 i got likely perma 2-2,2% resist, so i swap finesse to 14,5 k get the resist down to 0,9-1,2-1,3%

I m not ingame atm.to check level debuff skills, but if it is lvl 3 it should get nearly perma resist.
    The percentage resist should be in pair with procs/fight time/ etc.
    Random procs so we do not have fixed percentage resisted, but still it is a bit more than U19!!!
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Bug comfirmed !!!
    Here is screenshot as i have time to test it out:

Molten Flame/Mystifying Flames are bugged with level 3 debuff strenght !!!
    As you can see in picture they resist 100percent !!!!!!!

The debuff icons is still on target/dummy, but the debuff keeping resist i guess.
    For the comparison i m taking aswell the debuff from Essences of Winter. In tooltip you can see "debuff strenght" is level 105 !!!

Tested on Galtrev/Moors/DA dummy. Result are same with 100percent resisted
    This bug leading that you have debuff on target, but you do not gain any bonus from them, bc they are keeping resisted !!!

I m not sure if this is WAI or BUG.
    But it is wierd, they do not touch on RK and YET THEY BUG THE CLASS AND TRAIT ?

I still cant believe that can happen .... wait abit.... wait... Turbined ?.....wait....wait...nope Super Screwed Game ?
    Nah, NO 500 [Bags of Salts] anymore please.... Enjoy your dps, my fellow RKs
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

The coding is so old, and buggered about that no current dev fully understands it; a butterfly flapping its wings in Mordor can cause a flash flood and Hurricane in Bree.

I tested this with traiting 2 ranks in molten flame and mystifying, and then the debuffs shows as level 2 debuffs.

This is clearly an easy dev mistake mixing up the ranks in trait tree with debuff level. It should be a very easy fix by just making them lvl 105 strength debuffs.

Any blue name response on this would be awesome.
    Leader of Raging Raiders
    Loshelin-Warden | Barage-Hunter | Firasion-RK | Barashor-Guardian | Aerohn-Minstrel
    Arkenstone's Original Challenger of Gothmog 09/17/16
    YouTube Channel

Bump. This is still a problem.