We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Player Questions

I'm thinking of making a Beorning to play as an alt character (my main is Warden). Anything I should know?
    But FastPablo, what about the H.O.U.S.?

Hobbits of unusual size? I don't believe they exist.

Generally a fun class to play, it's just completely non-competitive when it comes to the highest tier endgame group content. Multiple other classes can do the same job the Beorning does but better. Perfectly fine for landscape/T1 though (and actually pretty good for group content if you want to cap it at level 50-75, most of the main issues only show up 85+).
    ~ The devs don't want to balance classes, what chance did I have ~

The class is kind of under developed once you get the basic attacks that's pretty much it

It will certainly be a departure from your warden

Its a keyboard mashing hack and slashing beast that you don't have to put a lot of thought behind except when to go bear and when to not

If you are looking for something to play that's different than the rainman class (The Warden-must push 1,3,2,4 1,3,2,4 don't push 1 then 2, no that's not good) it is a good choice

On the same line for a 2 handed samurai the champion has better DPS Better AOE and Better Armor but no heals, and of course, no bear, they can both use bows

(Beorning with auto attack) which is just about only useful as a pull, as he's not very good with the bow, and while he can fire while moving, he just doesn't hit anything (but does pull)

I find myself walking through the house after a night of playing the Beorning, grunting, as the bear does.

There is a debate as to whether you should go dual wielding or two handed

I like dual wielding but they say bear damage is based on the "first hand" weapon, which would mean more dps with a two handed weapon in bear form

But I like the slicing and dicing of dual wielding as a man

Finally end game play (PVP and Fellowships) The beorning doesn't really have an assigned role, it can tank....sort of, it can fill a dps role, sort of, and it can be a healer, sort of. My understanding is that it is not sought after in these situations

Thanks for the responses guys.

And yes, the goal behind making this little bear cub was so that I could take a break from the Warden. Any suggestions on tree?
    But FastPablo, what about the H.O.U.S.?

Hobbits of unusual size? I don't believe they exist.

blue-tanking
    red-dmg
    yellow-heal

So for solo red or blue, depends on what you prefer more survivalbility or a little bit more dmg