We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon #5

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, April 6th. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

What is the final sentence in the widely-known "Tale of the Terrible Tavern"?

"And that's why they never ran out of ale again."

Because no one would miss the tavern, the investigation into the arson never concluded (or even really began).

"Sorry lads, we've only got Watneys Red Barrel."

Tale of the Terrible Tavern

I'm not familiar with this tale. Nevertheless, I leave my comment here, hoping for those 500 points!

This is your final weekend to run the Spring Festival! Click here to learn more about the event, which runs through April 2nd.
    Wow. Only 1.5 weeks for the Spring Festival? Jeepers that was short. I've been busy with a big house project for the past week. Oh well. I'll try to get my fishslaps and fence running in if I can when I'm not busy with the new content. Way too busy to do it all lately.

Oh and for the weekly comment... ummm... "And from then on, no chickens were permitted to run afoul in the tavern again unless they be leashed."

"And from now on, he was appreciating even the Swill from the Forsaken Inn."

It's the final weekend of Spring Festival but maybe you could add some week days because of the downtimes, server resets and shrew quests bugging? Pretty please with cherry on top

Afraid I don't know it, but I gotta say, I loved the Moon Moth set this year.

^^^^^^^^What he said
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Just to be clear: There is no wrong answer on the comment. I guess I need to be more clear that this is a made up question, with made up answers.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

" And that's why they will never sell Holly Hornblower pies again."
    “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"Tale of the Terrible Tavern"

That is why you should never insult your bar maiden.

"And so the tavern's heart was softened, and it never again ate any more wayward travelers."

And they lived happily ever after!
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

it was a rotting place, there's hole in the roof a rude waitress an ghost in basement with bad ale, a Terrible Tavern i will never return too...
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

... and after two one star food inspection ratings it was finally shut down, much to the relief of the local residents.
    Taramthir of the Laiquendi Order
    May the Light guide your steps till next we meet

And he never did find his pants...
    Jewahe

When asked how he had been so successful despite the tavern's many shortcomings, Gilgamesh replied with a twinkle in his eye: "location, location, location".
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

..on that very eve Sauron learned where little dwarves came from, and thus spawned his unquenchable rage against the Free Peoples.
    BRAR?

"Well, I'm back," he said; "no Sammy," replied the barman, "I told you that last pint would be too much for your good, let's pack you home before Rosie gets mad again."

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

That the tavern was out of stock the whole time

As the hero of the Black Arrow stepped into the Tavern, the innkeep looked up from wiping the cleanliness from his mugs and rumbled, "Oi, you're barred!"
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

and im proud to be from Meneldor
    A server that was troll free
    I wont forget that orc who died
    And gave a sword to me
    I proudly stand up
    Next to you
    And swing her wild today
    Cause their aint no doubt I love this game
    Lets play Lotro today

And in my darkest hour, she is standing right in front of me. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

There are places I remember, In my life, though some have changed

I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday

The "Tale of the Terrible Tavern",
    Begins in an Ered Luin cavern,
    Where a Dourhand shrewd,
    Sold a beer he'd brewed,
    From Squishy Goo, Matted Feather and Fur!
    ~ Everbrock Spudplucker ~

...something, something at the pub with noooooo beeeeeer!
    Hey, who stole my sig?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast