We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    so how long is the restart ? as for those exploits ? why camp an out side area where quest are when there are dungeons and other places that a large group like so could be at.

Quote Originally Posted by lockecd View Post
    so how long is the restart ? as for those exploits ? why camp an out side area where quest are when there are dungeons and other places that a large group like so could be at.
    Generally an hour or so.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

This is all about profit. The sale. The reduction in servers. The years long lag issues. etc etc. Lately I've noticed longer response times from GM's and less willingness to resolve issues. Instead they are starting to quote "policy". Rewards for dailies are being reduced and seem uneven even between similarly leveled toons. This all smacks of cost cutting. However most players in LOTRO have spent surprising sums over the years playing this game and deserve better. Where did the profits go and why aren't we not getting our moneys worth?

Quote Originally Posted by greetingsdownunder View Post
    It's not an exploit.

But I'm guessing they want players to play the content, this isn't playing the content, its simply a farming method to shorten the content's duration of use.

Someone in this farm will have all the items needed for full gold upgrades within a few hours, at most a day, then they have no reason to log in for 3 months.
    I'm afraid not true,. there's 3 people on evernight that've shown off all the gold jewels. They spent 19 hours STRAIGHT in a raid to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by lockecd View Post
    It was supposed to be 20 mins. it's now 30 mins. Also, the instances and raids give barely anything. It literally will take WEEKS to farm the full amount of stuff needed, this makes the flower picking a luxury.
    Gilrain - World Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    If they hadnt have come up with the personal loot system to begin with a lot of things would be very different, in a good way.
    It's easy to be nostalgic when the good changes make you forget about having to get a killing blow to get loot.

It's all Turbines Fault,

they didn't move the Servers, instead they Merged them which made more populated, so then people started having more issues & obviously the more content that is added will only add to the issues the players suffer.
    This is an issue SSG have inherited & I hope they address (I know they wont but we can wish), players buy & grind items for their chars (Cosmetics), why should they do things like remove Cloaks & stuff to try improve performance when Raiding.

I for one am fed up hearing things like, turn this & that setting down to minimum, remove cloaks , turn off floating names.
    Geeze fix the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaer View Post
    It's all Turbines Fault,

they didn't move the Servers,

They were going to. They were on a deal for $15 million for new servers.

Their money backers pulled out aka it fell though weeks before it was supposed to go ahead.
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    It's easy to be nostalgic when the good changes make you forget about having to get a killing blow to get loot.
    Im not referring to that im referring to guaranteed rewards in a chest. You know the reason we had kins and raid teams? You did the work you know what was in the chest and a general time when you could get it. Not farming sambrog 507 runs for the pocket or ss 200 times for a pocket.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader

Kill mobs collect items. What exactly is being exploited here? Playing the game in an efficient manner? Making the most of it? I guess I was exploiting killing mobs for Annuminas rep. Or killing Moria mobs for those factions rep items. I guess killing all those mobs in the rift I gained rep for was exploiting too. get outta here.
    I guess you're the type of low-life that thinks tax loops holes are OK, where as I've got something called self-respect and wouldn't use one.
    I told the people harping on about 'lore breaking' they were tedious and boring, so they voted away my one point of rep.

I for one welcome the lag in sLag hills, from Standing Still Games.
    Original Challenger of Sapience
    Svin/Earaendil/Faeramir

Quote Originally Posted by Tennent View Post
    I guess you're the type of low-life that thinks tax loops holes are OK, where as I've got something called self-respect and wouldn't use one.
    Id use a tax loop hole any day of the week if I could. Its called not being stupid and paying what you dont have to since taxes are supposed to be voluntary and all. But hey w/e helps you sleep at night.

SSG I know you are dealing with "what you got given to you" by Turbine/WB days, but something should be done. Monitoring stuff and being "aware" is all well and good, but these aren't new issues, they've been going on for AGES and new releases are BOUND to cause a mess due to spikes in activity in the same newly released area of landmass. Are server restarts an answer? They sound like a short term fix until the landrush calms down enough to me.

Maybe go find Vyv across the hall, I'm sure she said these new servers you're on were capable of running the whole population on just one server, they were just that UBER!!

Seriously though, good luck, and sorry to see it's the same stuff happening just under a different banner. The peak of the game is around the corner, big expack, you better get the house in shape for that!
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    They were on a deal for $15 million for new servers.
    Holy smokes, I have built, bought and deployed many servers in my day, but sheesh that's a ridiculous figure for servers for a game company as small as Turbine. Where's the source on that number?

Kill mobs collect items. What exactly is being exploited here? Playing the game in an efficient manner? Making the most of it? I guess I was exploiting killing mobs for Annuminas rep. Or killing Moria mobs for those factions rep items. I guess killing all those mobs in the rift I gained rep for was exploiting too. get outta here.

if you have enough autism to sit and farm mobs for hours with the lag I think it's fine imo

Quote Originally Posted by Handsomebugger View Post
    if you have enough autism to sit and farm mobs for hours with the lag I think it's fine imo
    you dont need autism, you need enough intelligence to write a script that won't get you caught
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Well, as predicted, the short sighted exploiters have spoilt the fun for everyone.

I told the people harping on about 'lore breaking' they were tedious and boring, so they voted away my one point of rep.

Well, as predicted, the short sighted exploiters have spoilt the fun for everyone.

They weren't short sighted, they got end-game mats faster than anyone who didn't participate.

Quote Originally Posted by greetingsdownunder View Post
    They weren't short sighted, they got end-game mats faster than anyone who didn't participate.

lotro doesn't have endgame content.

Taking out that loot didn't do anything for the 'Reduced Awareness' - taking bets on the next time a Blue name says what their plan is.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    They were going to. They were on a deal for $15 million for new servers.

Their money backers pulled out aka it fell though weeks before it was supposed to go ahead.
    You got this info from where???

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    Holy smokes, I have built, bought and deployed many servers in my day, but sheesh that's a ridiculous figure for servers for a game company as small as Turbine. Where's the source on that number?
    It wasn't just for turbine, it was WB replacing a whole section of their servers, with new dedicated ones just for lotro as part of it. I'll try find the interview. It was on twitch though so the save may have been automatically wiped due to time.

It was still working. I was first on the server, on evernight - instantly started a raid and was getting more drops from rep in 15 minutes of server restart than a hour on the laggy ones.

Then they posted the message again saying they had checked and removed the rep from the mobs again..... another 20 minutes later we were STILL getting rep, and by this time my raid was in a layer with just us in it. Lag free 24 man raid nuking everything.

Following that, they posted it for a third time and this time we noticed the drop rate had definitely slowed down. I think I was getting 1 rep item every...30 seconds? I've just come off for bed, but there's still about 6 raids farming still the rep items that are apparently not dropping anymore but are.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Just a, hopefully, constructive suggestion. You "invented" one essence system for tier 7 essences. Then you created another for the first iteration of tier 8 essences. Then you created yet another for North Ithilien tier 8 essences. You created the flower extract barter system. Now you've created this convoluted rep / barter system.

Why don't you stop creating these new systems and concentrate on performance and optimization when adding new content? You could have piggy-backed the North Ithilien essences onto the existing T8 essence system - e.g. create new "ranks" above the old supreme essences, rather than creating a new subsystem for them from scratch. I understand wanting to introduce the flower thing for North Ithilien, but why not simply expand on that rather than the entirely new rep system for new gear after that? I believe many players feel like they're having the carpet pulled out from underneath them, I know I do.
    Seconded. This game has become nothing but a series of layered, convoluted grinds, many of which are partly RNG-based. Cripes, even the FESTIVALS are grindy now. I used to enjoy festivals...run some quests, get the new mount...now you have to run 10 quests a day for the entire festival because you get some of the 3857082035 essential barter items you need to upgrade gear (which typically then become obsolete about a week after you get it). Three MORE tiers of Host of the West rep on top of three new rep factions, all of which you need Kindred with to get marginal gear upgrades...and now they've removed the most efficient way to gain that rep. Are we really supposed to bow down to the almighty grind this unthinkingly?
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: roxxi manor

Angry

After the transfer to SSG and them moving more towards the attitude that should be taken with this game, what with giving VIPs good mounts, etc. So I was hoping that this game was going in a better direction. Unfortunately, with the fact that SSG did the same exact thing Turbine did with EVERY NEW AREA, which was mainly not accounting for the sheer volume of people wanting to play the new area at the same time, left me terrified for this game once again. Then there's making quests that you have to wait 30 freaking minutes to do because everybody else could interact with it and consume it and force you to wait for them to respawn, on a long-### timer. So I'm saying this right now, if SSG becomes another Turbine, I'm leaving. I was sick of the sheer incompetence as a whole from turbine for about 3 years (I've played for 7), don't repeat their mistakes. Learn from your mistakes and theirs, and fix the servers, as well as making certain quests doable within a decent amount of time. You have been warned.
    I am Sager.

Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    Seconded. This game has become nothing but a series of layered, convoluted grinds, many of which are partly RNG-based. Cripes, even the FESTIVALS are grindy now. I used to enjoy festivals...run some quests, get the new mount...now you have to run 10 quests a day for the entire festival because you get some of the 3857082035 essential barter items you need to upgrade gear (which typically then become obsolete about a week after you get it). Three MORE tiers of Host of the West rep on top of three new rep factions, all of which you need Kindred with to get marginal gear upgrades...and now they've removed the most efficient way to gain that rep. Are we really supposed to bow down to the almighty grind this unthinkingly?
    Thirded. I went and checked out the spring horse and dresses today. They're pretty, but I can't face grinding for the horse for this year, I might get it for one or two of my characters, when I always used to get the horse for all of them. I'll run Inn League on my hunter to get the dresses and cloaks and call it a day. Festivals used to be fun for me and now I just can't face the grind on top of the grind I've already got going on. And forget the stupid Ithilien fragments quest-I'm not doing it for the spring festival. Yule was about the only one that was doable there. I've been in the new area, finished the epic, have been working on quests. I've got the mats from the dagorlad nodes, I've got a couple of random rep bits, I've got a couple of what I think are crafting mats and two recipes. And no idea of how to use them or honestly much interest in doing so. I will upgrade my armor again when I absolutely have to and not before. Two characters currently at cap and really thinking I don't much want to bring another one up.

You want to know what I've been doing the last two months? Low level deeds on my alts to get points for those Crimson trees in the store. Trees for my island give me much more pleasure than this ridiculous, stupid armor grind. At least I know the trees won't be obsolete six months from now. And the lower areas are much more fun than the higher ones.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast