We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    This is a perfect example of why we have the game we have today. It's the players' fault for playing the content provided...and not the fault of SSG for having enough foresight to realize that the content would clearly be played a certain way (based on past experience) and make the necessary adjustments to mitigate the issues. Unbelievable (well, not really).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    I still can't play (because on a business trip) but my friends said that people raid landscape mobs for loot. I remember on russian servers when Riders of Rohan was released people farmed Harwick to death, to death of servers. That was time of awful lag. Look's like new devs repeat old mistake. So 'fix' should be gameplay one not technical.
    Comprehension fail detected.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    These are the same people that will complain in a week that there is nothing else to do after they maxed rep in the second day.
    Agree 100%
    Finally had his William Shatner moment :)

Quote Originally Posted by Vorador View Post
    Great to have an announcement from someone.
    It's probably because of people like you the game is in such a state that it is now, because this kind of behavior from devs should not be encouraged.

The game has been in the sorriest state that it has ever been for the past week (NI and now Dagorlad), there's been many threads and ingame complaints about this and what SSG does is give a useless response that no serious customer wants to hear.

I want to hear an apology for my lost time and a reason for my renewing my sub which I cancelled today.

Seriously though, you guys could use a PR. After such a mess, not even a word about being sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    Comprehension fail detected.
    I understood your intent, but implying that it's not a technical issue is simply false. The game should be able handle the load.
    Was it lazy developing to just fill a landscape up with "fellowship" mobs and have them drop reputation items at a crazy rate? Yes.
    Should SSG have been prepared to make the necessary adjustments before it went live? Yes.
    Finally had his William Shatner moment :)

These are the same people that will complain in a week that there is nothing else to do after they maxed rep in the second day.
    And these are the same players who will complain and demand that things needs to be changed, only áfter they are fully equiped and got 100s and 100s of items, and telling other players to work for it just like they did.

Well, I do appreciate that you at least posted a thread to update us. However, the fact is that you're using "Beta" test as if it's Alpha and you're using the live servers for beta testing. You must expect something of a negative reaction from people experiencing playability issues as a consequence. Just a, hopefully, constructive suggestion. You "invented" one essence system for tier 7 essences. Then you created another for the first iteration of tier 8 essences. Then you created yet another for North Ithilien tier 8 essences. You created the flower extract barter system. Now you've created this convoluted rep / barter system.

Why don't you stop creating these new systems and concentrate on performance and optimization when adding new content? You could have piggy-backed the North Ithilien essences onto the existing T8 essence system - e.g. create new "ranks" above the old supreme essences, rather than creating a new subsystem for them from scratch. I understand wanting to introduce the flower thing for North Ithilien, but why not simply expand on that rather than the entirely new rep system for new gear after that? I believe many players feel like they're having the carpet pulled out from underneath them, I know I do.

The performance issue isn't just the new areas. Many people are / have been experiencing issues elsewhere. It doesn't seem as though any progress is being made, although we've been assured that "it's being worked on". New systems for obtaining gear. Worse performance issues. No progress on existing issues. It's not a winning combination. I want the game to keep going, to at least see the story through to the end. Many players still enjoy going back through it from the start (see the popularity of a recent effort along those lines). I'm honestly concerned that it's not going to make it much further at this rate.

What is going on in Lang Rhuven right now barely qualifies as "playing" the game. It's a huge mob of people (75% of them semi-afk) heal-tagging everyone as massive mounds of corpses from the quest pile up. I have no doubt many of the people there are botting as well. These are the same people that will complain in a week that there is nothing else to do after they maxed rep in the second day.
    Sad but true. People want "challenging fellowship landscape area" and then, instead of forming groups of 3-6, there will be multiple 24-man raids there, tagging everything and enjoying their "well-earned" loot. And, like said, complaining "Gimme moar content!!!11" very soon. Meanwhile, SSG "fixes" it and removes reputation items from landscape completely, making this grind even more insane than it is now for those who don't exploit. This reminds me of Hytbold dailies, the one solo quest instance that was open for everyone, so people farmed that instance in RAIDS, farming those horse-lord recipies. Turbine "fixed" it and removed all loot from those mobs, which took all fun out of it for me, who did the dailies to also get few LI's to level and few silver in process.

Since this game engine does not handle too many people in same area, AND since many players ALWAYS form groups only just so they can faceroll through everything, I wish in future just about every area with mobs that drop useful loot would be instanced so that people could choose either to go in solo or in 2-6 man group. And scale mobs accordingly.

Most likely going to be a lazy workaround to make it feel better and avoid the core issue at any cost. This has been the sad state of the game for the last couple of years and the playerbase adopts to the degrading standard with every update. One can only hope for a totally revamped modern Game Engine with the sufficent backend. But releasing poor quality purposeless content has more priorty...

Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    I understood your intent, but implying that it's not a technical issue is simply false. The game should be able handle the load.
    Was it lazy developing to just fill a landscape up with "fellowship" mobs and have them drop reputation items at a crazy rate? Yes.
    Should SSG have been prepared to make the necessary adjustments before it went live? Yes.
    It's not just this area and this specific issue. Lag has been an on-going problem for years, and reached the breaking point when MT came rolling out (along with the server consolidation and data center move) that pushed the out-of-date game engine past what it could reasonably handle. Memory leaks that had gone unresolved got worse and caused crashes to desktop, and the load that the city, population, and player count in MT put on the game was more than it bear. Frame rates would regularly drop into the single digits. To say it is a technical issue is actually an understatement. It's a systemic problem with this game because:

1.) The new data center did nothing to improve performance.
    2.) The game engine is outdated and does not take advantage of the multiple processors that are available on most modern computers.
    3.) The game code is bloated with issues from years of additions without all bugs and memory leaks being corrected.
    4.) The shrinking staff and budget combined with a push to get new content out as quickly as possible doomed any of the above from being properly or thoroughly addressed.

If my years playing this game and reading these forums has taught me anything, it's that these things are highly unlikely to change. Potential solutions get mentioned by staff in passing moments of hope ("we're evaluating a 64-bit version", "we're constantly looking into lag issues and working to address them", etc.) without any actual, verifiable improvements or changes coming out. They will continue to produce new content, make small quality of life improvements, and generally be unable or unwilling to put in what is necessary to actually fix these glaring issues. At this point in the life of the game, it is what it is.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

It unbelievable that SSG thinks the servers they provide are good enough.

Log the messages you send to clients:
    To far away
    Not Facing that
    That's already being used
    and all the rest

then it can tell you it's bad immediately

waiting on QA to tell you of increased /bug reports will never be good enough.

What's your plan B for the SERVERS?

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Just a, hopefully, constructive suggestion. You "invented" one essence system for tier 7 essences. Then you created another for the first iteration of tier 8 essences. Then you created yet another for North Ithilien tier 8 essences. You created the flower extract barter system. Now you've created this convoluted rep / barter system.

Why don't you stop creating these new systems and concentrate on performance and optimization when adding new content? You could have piggy-backed the North Ithilien essences onto the existing T8 essence system - e.g. create new "ranks" above the old supreme essences, rather than creating a new subsystem for them from scratch. I understand wanting to introduce the flower thing for North Ithilien, but why not simply expand on that rather than the entirely new rep system for new gear after that? I believe many players feel like they're having the carpet pulled out from underneath them, I know I do.
    This. Complication for, it seems, complication's sake. It adds nothing to the enjoyment of the game (for me). To put it in simple terms, "It's the story, stupid."

Sticky please?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Ride_the_Train View Post
    If my years playing this game and reading these forums has taught me anything, it's that these things are highly unlikely to change. Potential solutions get mentioned by staff in passing moments of hope ("we're evaluating a 64-bit version", "we're constantly looking into lag issues and working to address them", etc.) without any actual, verifiable improvements or changes coming out. They will continue to produce new content, make small quality of life improvements, and generally be unable or unwilling to put in what is necessary to actually fix these glaring issues. At this point in the life of the game, it is what it is.
    Well things are so bad currently, ie. it's 100% unplayable much of peak time, then not doing anything could completely destroy the game. There is no way I'd spend money on the Mordor expansion if these lag issues still exist.

Well I think I've found the cause of the lag. After working my way though the new content, slowly, like you know, because of all the lag and relogs etc, I arrived at what I assume must be the final area, lots of high morale mobs, looks similar to Tarlags Crown. I waited at the gate wondering what to do and after about a minute someone just piled though the gate mobs on thier horse, so I jumped on mine and followed them only to come across this...

I was told this is 'the farm'...orly...looks more like 'the ####ing exploiting' to me.

I've now mapped out of the area, I will not get involved in that ####.

I hope SSG do not let these so called players get away with this unpunished.
    I told the people harping on about 'lore breaking' they were tedious and boring, so they voted away my one point of rep.

Its not like people in beta one reported that those droprates are ridiculous and people on BR posted thousands of repitems in chat... no need looking at something like that, just let it get live. no problem. the whole lootsystem needs to be changed. one should not get more loot just because more people hack on an enemy.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

It's good to see SSG finally acknowledge the problem.

It will be even better to see them finally fix it.

The lag is caused by players farming the new fellowship areas for rep items and crafting mats for the new rep vender items.

Yup, they need to go back to shared fellowship loot instead of individual loot on landscape.

It will end all farming like this, end all multibox gold farmers, and player gold raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorador View Post
    You really should settle down, your whiny text is all I'm seeing in the new posts threads...
    Just do like me, put them on your ignore list and then you only have to put up with seeing their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    You didn't test?
    You assumed everyone had 0 latency?

And you need to stop making quests which consist of standing around waiting to click on things and then waiting 10 minutes while soldiers, scouts etc. pop out of hiding prompted by an RNG.

Quick Boo! We need to buy a bigger hamster!
    They tested - although notably more limited than usual. But they got feedback on bad lag from the low-populated Bullroarer. This was predictable.

man people need to calm down I'm just happy they are working on it, i to get annoyed by the leg i've seen but i don't ##### about it just calmly report it. sigh can't you just be happy they working on it? better then not lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Hey everyone. We are aware of the lag issues occurring in the new U20 regions and are working on a solution.

Update: We will be making changes to live servers shortly in response to the lag seen in areas of the Update 20 landscape. We will continue to monitor both client- and server-based lag from there, and are planning a patch for early next week.
    Thanks for the update hope it gets fixed soon
    Pontin Level 105 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Its not like people in beta one reported that those droprates are ridiculous and people on BR posted thousands of repitems in chat... no need looking at something like that, just let it get live. no problem. the whole lootsystem needs to be changed. one should not get more loot just because more people hack on an enemy.
    And there was like many thread and cries just about LI tier legacy rise up
    I have to LOL that they listen tottaly to wrong thread/issue.

And if you want previous Turbine workers/SSG to learn from their past mistakes? Rohan, Wildermore, HD boxes, Osigiliath tower fast spaw+green mob ?
    Nope they never learned it ....

Itemization is tottaly wrong again.
    There should be 1 golden gated by kindred, with less stat on for soloers+landscapers.
    And 1 golden gated by ToTD raid with updating Inlay + more stat on, Inlay drop rate should be around 3-6per boss.

This is same story, every new new update.
    Drop rate goes like crazy then boom patched to zero.
    This is unfair for people who take it easy and slow get in new location btw.

AND YES, THEY LISTENED ONLY FOR LI TIER RISE UP AND STOPED IT...
    Epic....
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennent View Post
    Well I think I've found the cause of the lag. After working my way though the new content, slowly, like you know, because of all the lag and relogs etc, I arrived at what I assume must be the final area, lots of high morale mobs, looks similar to Tarlags Crown. I waited at the gate wondering what to do and after about a minute someone just piled though the gate mobs on thier horse, so I jumped on mine and followed them only to come across this...

I was told this is 'the farm'...orly...looks more like 'the ####ing exploiting' to me.

I've now mapped out of the area, I will not get involved in that ####.

I hope SSG do not let these so called players get away with this unpunished.
    Kill mobs collect items. What exactly is being exploited here? Playing the game in an efficient manner? Making the most of it? I guess I was exploiting killing mobs for Annuminas rep. Or killing Moria mobs for those factions rep items. I guess killing all those mobs in the rift I gained rep for was exploiting too. get outta here.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Kill mobs collect items. What exactly is being exploited here? Playing the game in an efficient manner? Making the most of it? I guess I was exploiting killing mobs for Annuminas rep. Or killing Moria mobs for those factions rep items. I guess killing all those mobs in the rift I gained rep for was exploiting too. get outta here.
    It's not an exploit.

But I'm guessing they want players to play the content, this isn't playing the content, its simply a farming method to shorten the content's duration of use.

Someone in this farm will have all the items needed for full gold upgrades within a few hours, at most a day, then they have no reason to log in for 3 months.

Better off eliminating individual loot and bringing back fellowship shared loot on landscape. 6X less loot for each fellowship.

Quote Originally Posted by greetingsdownunder View Post
    It's not an exploit.

But I'm guessing they want players to play the content, this isn't playing the content, its simply a farming method to shorten the content's duration of use.

Someone in this farm will have all the items needed for full gold upgrades within a few hours, at most a day, then they have no reason to log in for 3 months.

Better off eliminating individual loot and bringing back fellowship shared loot on landscape. 6X less loot for each fellowship.
    If they hadnt have come up with the personal loot system to begin with a lot of things would be very different, in a good way.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast