We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Update 20 Performance

Hey everyone. We are aware of the lag issues occurring in the new U20 regions and are working on a solution.

Update: We will be making changes to live servers shortly in response to the lag seen in areas of the Update 20 landscape. We will continue to monitor both client- and server-based lag from there, and are planning a patch for early next week.
    Last edited by DrOctothorpe; Mar 22 2017 at 05:49 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Hey everyone. We are aware of the lag issues occurring in the new U20 regions and are working on a solution.
    Great to have an announcement from someone.

We are aware
    really? and you werent "aware" before the launch?

You didn't test?
    You assumed everyone had 0 latency?

And you need to stop making quests which consist of standing around waiting to click on things and then waiting 10 minutes while soldiers, scouts etc. pop out of hiding prompted by an RNG.

Quick Boo! We need to buy a bigger hamster!
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

You'd better find a solution soon. People won't stick around if they can't play the game. Can't believe you did not stress test this update. Please get new servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    You didn't test?
    I didn't see any lag on Bullroarer for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    I didn't see any lag on Bullroarer for example.
    I can second this. When they tested, there wasn't an issue, this is clearly an unexpected problem. I just assumed the lag was due to it being the first day of a new (majorly anticipated) region, so everyone is coming out of hibernation to play it, and will sort itself out once things calm down.

I was playing my LM on Laurelin and things were lagging pretty badly. Skills would delay going off, rubberbanding, etc. I stepped into and out of the water in the slag hills to get to Aragorn and the poison damage never went away, even after a couple of minutes. Finally had to log the character to prevent death. Not going back to Dagorlad any time soon. Or the festival. I have been VIP almost since I began playing this game, but if I can't play it with a reliable level of quality, that may very well change.
    Landroval-Alphriel (Champion/101), Talya (Guardian/79), Cilarien (Champion/53), Tilluin (Minstrel/53), Morrollan (Captain/43), Nimthiel (Hunter/44), Mellanduil (Warden/38), Lanfric (LM/22) Laurelin-Lilleduil (LM/105), Eirallyn (Warden/105), Faelarin (Minstrel/79), Cattigus (Burglar/44), Celebhair (Hunter/78), Sithora (Beorning/32)

Sigh, Evernight was lagging all weekend in North Ilthilien and releasing U20 has just transferred that lag to Dagorland and made it worse

Actually, Evernight seems to be totally broken for me currently. I froze for about 5 minutes trying to collect a wheel in dagorland, then tried to log out, but nothing happened, tried again, still nothing happened. So I killed the client and now logging back into Evernight I'm stuck on "Cleaning Up Old Connection" for several minutes. So now off to play a game that actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfVagabonds View Post
    I can second this. When they tested, there wasn't an issue, this is clearly an unexpected problem. I just assumed the lag was due to it being the first day of a new (majorly anticipated) region, so everyone is coming out of hibernation to play it, and will sort itself out once things calm down.
    Wasn't an issue my ###! North Ithilien was lagging like hell the week before update 20 and they didn't see a problem then??? and now yeah new region and a 2nd ton of people flooding it. They should have looked into the lag WAY before today. Sooooo Glad I cancelled my subscription last night.
    Formerly from Elendilmir

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.
    Gen. Patton

I still can't play (because on a business trip) but my friends said that people raid landscape mobs for loot. I remember on russian servers when Riders of Rohan was released people farmed Harwick to death, to death of servers. That was time of awful lag. Look's like new devs repeat old mistake. So 'fix' should be gameplay one not technical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    So 'fix' should be gameplay one not technical.
    This is a perfect example of why we have the game we have today. It's the players' fault for playing the content provided...and not the fault of SSG for having enough foresight to realize that the content would clearly be played a certain way (based on past experience) and make the necessary adjustments to mitigate the issues. Unbelievable (well, not really).
    Finally had his William Shatner moment :)

Angry

Horrible lag (I play on Arkenstone) has been ongoing for several weeks prior to this update. As someone else said, a lot of it has moved to Dagorlad, but I was doing herbalist quests last night in North Ithilien, the same ones we've been doing for weeks, and the lag was still horrific. Even in the land rush for picking flowers when that went live, it never lagged like it has been doing lately. Flowers I could pick up instantly don't even START the loading bar for about 20 seconds. Something else is going on.

And frankly, MT remains an issue. I don't have a lot of trouble there, but riding a warhorse still results in freeze, lag, shoot across the landscape, rebound, etc. This has been going on for years, with only marginal improvement in all that time. I love this game and this drives me buggy!
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

It's players farming mobs for rep items and reciepes what's causing the lag. We need a hotfix that removes these drops from mobs. To compensate for it they could probably add these items as quest rewards and double amounts recieved via barter.

Also, many ppll in farm area use macro/clickers. Probably admins should monitor the area for cheaters and ban them for good. They're on the road to the south of Lang Rhuven.
    Kelewon, Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Vorador View Post
    Great to have an announcement from someone.
    This is an announcement? One sentence and that's it. It only took several threads, tickets, in-game chat... to write: Hello. We know #### is going on, wait.
    Yeah, thank you Gods from above.
    What about lost time on VIPs unable to move, let alone play, what about lost time on various buffs and accelerators, what about... Is anyone even considering there should be something out there for the people still in this game?

And yeah, BR wasn't laggy, but there han't been a larger population on it either. I had to test a fellowship instance with only 2 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    This is an announcement? One sentence and that's it. It only took several threads, tickets, in-game chat... to write: Hello. We know #### is going on, wait.
    Yeah, thank you Gods from above.
    What about lost time on VIPs unable to move, let alone play, what about lost time on various buffs and accelerators, what about... Is anyone even considering there should be something out there for the people still in this game?

And yeah, BR wasn't laggy, but there han't been a larger population on it either. I had to test a fellowship instance with only 2 other people.
    You really should settle down, your whiny text is all I'm seeing in the new posts threads...

You really should settle down, your whiny text is all I'm seeing in the new posts threads...
    Maybe. Or maybe you should get a bit annoyed if you're paying this. Because if not for people who let others pull the wool over their eyes and for whatever someone has done to them they say "It's fine" maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. React to a bad service for once in your life and show that you have a pair.

Oh look, another I-have-nothing-to-contribute-but-I'm-tired-of-all-the-negativity-please-go-away post. My favorite.
    Finally had his William Shatner moment :)

Guess it's the multiple rep-item 24/24 farm raids in Lang Rhuven which are killing the servers now... Yesterday the new areas were busy but lag was no where as bad as it is now. Game is barely playable.
    Andahlia (105BRG) - Annare (105MNS) - Grimdhaz (105RNK) - Grimdoin (105GDN)
    Grimdoir (105CHM) - Tommelhood (105HNT) - Willegart (105WDN)

The problem lies in the piss-poor design for reputation gains in this update. Open world mob drops for the insane number of reputation items (or other rare items in past releases) needed would never lead to hundreds of characters farming one spot, we've never seen that happen ever before. On my server alone there are several raids along with people multiboxing alts who are just standing around to collect loot. Layers not really doing anything to help it either. Then next the solution will be to nerf the drop rates and punish everyone who didn't join in the lagfest on day one and just quested normally, the typical reward bad behaviour that always happens.

I guess I'm one of the few who is not experiencing any lag in the new region. I can ride on my warsteed from one end of the map to the other without any hiccups. Something I'm not able to do in before battle Minas Tirth and Pellennor fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe you should get a bit annoyed if you're paying this. Because if not for people who let others pull the wool over their eyes and for whatever someone has done to them they say "It's fine" maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. React to a bad service for once in your life and show that you have a pair.
    It does affect me, I have reacted to bad service plenty in my life. Not to a game service that I pay $10 a month to play. I've played games before that were down for 1-2 weeks at a time for serious issues, I joined in with everyone else to complain about that and we ended up with the same amount of time lost added to our sub. This is not one of those times as there are really only 2 areas that are somewhat unplayable for me and I can still hop on an alt and go do something else. Yes, it does suck but this is day 2 of the update and there are so many people rushing to the endgame areas that are causing this lag. I don't know the technical problem and I don't really need to know it, I'm just glad they are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    Oh look, another I-have-nothing-to-contribute-but-I'm-tired-of-all-the-negativity-please-go-away post. My favorite.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    This is a perfect example of why we have the game we have today. It's the players' fault for playing the content provided...and not the fault of SSG for having enough foresight to realize that the content would clearly be played a certain way (based on past experience) and make the necessary adjustments to mitigate the issues. Unbelievable (well, not really).
    What is going on in Lang Rhuven right now barely qualifies as "playing" the game. It's a huge mob of people (75% of them semi-afk) heal-tagging everyone as massive mounds of corpses from the quest pile up. I have no doubt many of the people there are botting as well. These are the same people that will complain in a week that there is nothing else to do after they maxed rep in the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    What is going on in Lang Rhuven right now barely qualifies as "playing" the game. It's a huge mob of people (75% of them semi-afk) heal-tagging everyone as massive mounds of corpses from the quest pile up. I have no doubt many of the people there are botting as well. These are the same people that will complain in a week that there is nothing else to do after they maxed rep in the second day.
    Yup. You'd have thought LOTRO would learn from the Rohan trains but here they are again...
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast