We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 63 of 63
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    If you're a healer and want to heal to get points, group. This worked excellently for soloers and groupers for years.
    Actually, no it didn't. There used to an huge lack of healers on Creepside. During RoI, I was r9 and was probably the highest ranked active Defiler on Landy, and often one of only 1-3 in full raid. And, I shouldn't need to group to earn points while healing as a Mini, during a TR-GV zerg shuffle that nobody on either side is grouped for. Healer healing and keeping people from dying and resulting in deaths of other side should be rewarded in points, grouped or not.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r13 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    Why should gold tagging DPSers be rewarded for damage on a target that may not have needed or wanted at all? Clearly, only the first person to tag an opponent should get any credit, anything else is "abusing of other players efforts" (sic). DPSers want renown/infamy? Solo (away from the zerg) or group, easy.
    Every healing class in the game has ranged damage skills, many of them AOE, if they want to goldtag a target. The reverse isn't true (most DPSers have no way to heal tag allies). So while trying to illustrate that removing healtagging would be unfair, you actually managed to show that removing healtagging is the only fair thing to do. Well done.

    I mean think about it: you're complaining about goldtagging DPSers, many of whom are melee classes with no ranged damage skill, making it impossible to just tag everything in sight, by drawing some sort of false equivalency to healing classes, all of which have ranged healing skills to heal tag while simultaneously having ranged damage skills to goldtag. Pretty lame.
    Team Milt.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    oh Snap! Akthuri throwing down the "I've played longer, Sit down noob" Card..



    Since you are the noob here and Didn't understand Akthuri, What he means is like "Old TR Hotspot" was a Place that had NPCs inside of it like mini EC/OC camps that could be flipped by standing next to the Flag. But Turbine Implemented it Incorrectly and Made it easy for Raids vs Raids to sit at the flag flipping it back in forth spawning NPC's over and over. If I remember correctly They also Added buffs to the Keeps. Like TA when you had all 3 for TA, There was a Debuff on Power Regen and made it unable to stealth around in as a burg (creep owned) and it even gave 3 Dread.

    Since Turbine is gone and Standing Stones is in control I hope they look back on this Idea and try and Implement it correctly. It really made hard for freeps/creeps to assault keeps when these were Active. Would also like to see the Horn Blower be re-implemented.
    Except hotspots would be irrelevant now because NPCs are trash compared to the old days. Would anyone be afraid of rushing into 12 coldfells hunters now? Or 3 trolls? A champ or warden could solo an HS in maybe 3 seconds. Thus, there would be no fighting at all at HS's.
    Team Milt.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by dagorlad91806 View Post
    Its Irin and yes, the Horn Blower should be re implemented. Also, ### are ppl still pvping here for?
    Can we have incurable disease at TA again too? F burgs.
    Team Milt.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    228
    Make audacity a must have, introduce new audacity armour and jewels. Freeps who just want to pvp, shouldn't have to grind pve content to be able to hold their own in ettens. This suggestion would also stop the map being empty for weeks after every update whilst people grind, so creeps should welcome this.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    How many fights do you see at EC/OC now versus the past when it was possible to jump out the sides and/or back of the camps?
    None, because EC and OC are of no strategic importance, unlike a keep that has a rez tied to it, that the Zerg can no longer use to camp GV/Grams without. I like the idea of not being able to just wander off the ledge of a keep, drop 50ft and survive, the keeps are stupidly easy to escape. In particular BDs need to be out of combat only, and have a 30 second cooldown tied to them OOC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    Actually, no it didn't. There used to an huge lack of healers on Creepside. During RoI, I was r9 and was probably the highest ranked active Defiler on Landy, and often one of only 1-3 in full raid. And, I shouldn't need to group to earn points while healing as a Mini, during a TR-GV zerg shuffle that nobody on either side is grouped for. Healer healing and keeping people from dying and resulting in deaths of other side should be rewarded in points, grouped or not.
    It worked wonderfully for everyone but the ezmoders, which is why there were so few of them compared to now, other differences between then and now:

    Defiler is 5x as easy to play, and can achieve incredibly good healing parses with huge mits and defenses, whilst slamming their face into the 5 available heals in any order they wish. The class was useless back in the day but now is in a very good spot. Also, joining in shuffles should be actively punished, not rewarded. Competing in real player versus player in groups should be the only thing that rewards points short of soloing as a DPS. If you're a solo healer, tough luck, you're a healer, group up if you wanna play your class role (just like in PVE!).

    Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    Every healing class in the game has ranged damage skills, many of them AOE, if they want to goldtag a target. The reverse isn't true (most DPSers have no way to heal tag allies). So while trying to illustrate that removing healtagging would be unfair, you actually managed to show that removing healtagging is the only fair thing to do. Well done.
    Glad I'm not the only one that saw this haha. I mean there's always going to be people that don't want the ezmode gone (a defiler no less, lol) but enough is enough for these people.

    Bring back the old glory gains system!
    #15skills

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    So, you'd basically do to keeps what has already been done to EC/OC? How many fights do you see at EC/OC now versus the past when it was possible to jump out the sides and/or back of the camps? Not many would use your version of keeps as Alamos, and you'd only shift the Moors to being even more of a game of alternating GV/Grams camps.
    That's not the problem with EC and OC. The biggest problem with them is you can't shoot out. Also the npcs are too weak, they're in bad locations, and crreeps don't need to quest so the turn ins and objectives respectively there are rather pointless.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    Actually, no it didn't. There used to an huge lack of healers on Creepside. During RoI, I was r9 and was probably the highest ranked active Defiler on Landy, and often one of only 1-3 in full raid. And, I shouldn't need to group to earn points while healing as a Mini, during a TR-GV zerg shuffle that nobody on either side is grouped for. Healer healing and keeping people from dying and resulting in deaths of other side should be rewarded in points, grouped or not.
    And this change is one of reasons why people scream non stop dps updates on classes. It can be surprisingly hard to kill 8 minstrels in a raid, who knew

    Discouraging healers to healzerg is best for pvp. Both sides get kills and everyone happy.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    417
    This began as a well thought out set off recommendations largely based on responses from the PvMP community, then went off on tangents about everyone's personal visions for PvMP which aren't based on anything except individual experiences and opinions.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    That's not the problem with EC and OC. The biggest problem with them is you can't shoot out. Also the npcs are too weak, they're in bad locations, and crreeps don't need to quest so the turn ins and objectives respectively there are rather pointless.
    Let's not forget the SoA versions of EC and OC allowed us to jump over the wall and run if the enemy decided to zerg. They are nothing more than deathtraps now, esp given their proximity to the rez circles.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Schmartone Burg // (Anor)

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Let's not forget the SoA versions of EC and OC allowed us to jump over the wall and run if the enemy decided to zerg. They are nothing more than deathtraps now, esp given their proximity to the rez circles.
    That was the later versions of EC/OC. The original SoA versions had no walls at all (just rocks and npcs).
    Team Milt.

  12. #62
    well theres 3 simple solutions to improve everyones pvmp experiance

    1. fix the lag

    2. fix the lag

    3. fix the lag
    .

    Mortem Tyrannis

  13. #63
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    oh Snap! Akthuri throwing down the "I've played longer, Sit down noob" Card..



    Since you are the noob here and Didn't understand Akthuri, What he means is like "Old TR Hotspot" was a Place that had NPCs inside of it like mini EC/OC camps that could be flipped by standing next to the Flag. But Turbine Implemented it Incorrectly and Made it easy for Raids vs Raids to sit at the flag flipping it back in forth spawning NPC's over and over. If I remember correctly They also Added buffs to the Keeps. Like TA when you had all 3 for TA, There was a Debuff on Power Regen and made it unable to stealth around in as a burg (creep owned) and it even gave 3 Dread.

    Since Turbine is gone and Standing Stones is in control I hope they look back on this Idea and try and Implement it correctly. It really made hard for freeps/creeps to assault keeps when these were Active. Would also like to see the Horn Blower be re-implemented.
    Sorry for the necro but you know that 2011-2012 I could flipp flags I don’t really what you are talking and that aki guy seems pretty aggressive

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload