We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    Back in the old days when playing pen-and-paper RPGs, someone would always try to insist that different characters of theirs knew each other so they could use that as an excuse to twink their lower-level character with hand-me-downs. No sensible DM / GM / whatever would allow that - characters aren't meant to be part of some convenient meta-family just because they belong to the same player.
    On the other hand the concept of grind is not really a major topic in pen and paper RPGs.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SW, US
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    ...
    So, since we already have a lot of grind in the game, which is sometimes also needed, can we then at least consolidate all currency and barter items to be account bound?
    ...
    Same goes for taxidermy, festivals and item advancement.

    I agree.The system lacks sense and cohesiveness. In short, it's a tangled mess.
    Irritating people? USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Or, click this - EDIT IGNORE LIST. Btw, MMO never meant "all together now". It simply means a server capable of supporting simultaneous play of hundreds or even thousands of players. Anything else is false narrative.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SW, US
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    Back in the old days when playing pen-and-paper RPGs, someone would always try to insist that different characters of theirs knew each other so they could use that as an excuse to twink their lower-level character with hand-me-downs.
    Except, THIS time period is not the "old days" and this isn't pen and paper.

    I could give a flying fig about those ancient gamer days. Never played them then and really don't want that "think" employed here.

    This isn't about what people did back then, or what people had to do when this game started. Get over the "early days" already.

    Sometimes I really detest the "oldbie/originals/old-timer" mentality when it's used as a club to bash other people's opinions.

    This is current time - 2017 - and Standing Stones might bother listening to the majority vote on this, if there is one. Doesn't matter what the one-off "old-timer" thinks when the new folks are ponying up to spend their cash.
    Irritating people? USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Or, click this - EDIT IGNORE LIST. Btw, MMO never meant "all together now". It simply means a server capable of supporting simultaneous play of hundreds or even thousands of players. Anything else is false narrative.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Namma View Post
    Don't like how some folks talk on the forum? Don't flame, don't respond, USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Poof! Don't have to see what they say on the forum. Or, click this link - EDIT IGNORE LIST
    Sadly that also means that THEY can say what they like and know that nobody will refute them no matter how wrong or offensive they are.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Well since my characters were built SPECIFICALLY to share and work together, are all of the same race and whose RP state that they are all family, using the game's built in mechanic to 'adopt' the newer characters into the family, then obviously the game is deficient if they cannot behave as and be treated as a family. If the game is supposed to prevent this from happening then each character should be allowed to buy a separate house and there should be no shared storage available. So make your mind up one way or another. Can they be allowed to share materials, equipment and space? Or are they unknown to each other and not allowed to share anything but must 'trade' with each other as if they were all on different accounts? Because as it stands at the moment they neither one thing nor the other, they are an unrealistic mishmash of both!
    The default assumption in this as in other games is that characters are discrete individuals who *don't* share their every possession and every coin in their pockets directly with a bunch of other people. There's no reason the game should go with the extreme and oh-so-convenient position you've taken because as I said, that's never been how an RPG is meant to work, there's always a divide of some sort between characters. It used to be all but absolute, it's become porous to keep convenience junkies like you happy, but there's no way it should be removed entirely. Now you're just being greedy.

    I've made my own feelings clear already. Sharing like that is a bad principle in an RPG, your supposedly RPed "family" excuse isn't legit, it's power-gaming (since you're using that as an excuse to twink the hell out of your alts,and you want to remove even the slightest obstacle to you doing that). If this were a pen-and-paper RPG the GM would tell you where you could stuff that, as it is you can put that dreck in your character bios but it's just plain bad RP.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Namma View Post
    Except, THIS time period is not the "old days" and this isn't pen and paper.
    The fundamental principle's still the same, these are meant to be characters, not some weird gestalt entity that shares everything seamlessly.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    The fundamental principle's still the same, these are meant to be characters, not some weird gestalt entity that shares everything seamlessly.
    They are family. Nones fault you dont have one.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    They are family. Nones fault you dont have one.
    In case you missed the blindingly obvious, I don't want one because that sort of ridiculously contrived, oh-so-convenient arrangement is absolutely terrible RP. Certainly not something that makes for a valid excuse for doing what this thread suggests.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    In case you missed the blindingly obvious, I don't want one because that sort of ridiculously contrived, oh-so-convenient arrangement is absolutely terrible RP. Certainly not something that makes for a valid excuse for doing what this thread suggests.
    Then dont make one. None put a gun to your head and forced you to make alts. None is telling you how to play or how to RP. So who gave you the right to tell others what to do?
    If you have one character and keep your RP purity, account bound items do not concern you at all. What others do is none of your business anyway.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    Then dont make one. None put a gun to your head and forced you to make alts. None is telling you how to play or how to RP. So who gave you the right to tell others what to do?
    If you have one character and keep your RP purity, account bound items do not concern you at all. What others do is none of your business anyway.
    I'm not the one asking for the game to be changed to specifically favour my playstyle. And at least I know how a damn RPG is meant to work. It should be obvious why character-bound is the norm and account-bound the exception, it's because characters are what really matter, they're the fundamental basis of the game. You should think of anything that's already account-bound as a bonus, a kindness from the devs, not as an excuse to ask for more and more. If you've got too many alts to cope with then that's your problem, not stuff being character-bound.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    I'm not the one asking for the game to be changed to specifically favour my playstyle. And at least I know how a damn RPG is meant to work. It should be obvious why character-bound is the norm and account-bound the exception, it's because characters are what really matter, they're the fundamental basis of the game. You should think of anything that's already account-bound as a bonus, a kindness from the devs, not as an excuse to ask for more and more. If you've got too many alts to cope with then that's your problem, not stuff being character-bound.
    I am not the one asking anything either, just commenting on your pompous remarks like you invented RPGs and god help anyone not playing by your rules

    Again, if you play one character it doesnt affect or concern you one bit so why dont you spend the time bickering on something that actually has anything to do with you? If you do have alts though, then you are a hypocrite. Understand already, not everyone is taking taking some video game as a matter of life and death.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orem
    Posts
    971
    I think the tread was mainly talking about items/currencys in the wallet. You all seem to think that it is everything in game which i think is wrong because this would make all items unsellable because all non-bound items will be bound.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    7,102
    Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    I am not the one asking anything either, just commenting on your pompous remarks like you invented RPGs and god help anyone not playing by your rules
    Be consistent, if you're not asking for it yourself then by your own argument it's none of your business. Besides which, if people start asking for a load more stuff to be account-bound then it really does look like they've forgotten what sort of game they're playing. And it's not 'my rules', pal, having things being account-bound clashes with the fundamental concept of an RPG. Sure sounds like you've either forgotten or never knew what that means, if you're trying to pretend it's something I just made up.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload