We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Posing this question to the person with the relevant knowledge!

Lowest level to mid level trait trees for PVE questing and deeding?

Mind that this is a question about the current game with the current available gear and the current version of player stats.
    It is not about pvp.
    It is not about 82 trait tree points or being able to sink anything into an alternative trait tree.
    It is about the lowest level trait tree (lv 6) and up to perhaps 75-80.
    It is about having a minimum amount of trait tree points to work with.

Suggested rotation? What will be my corruption removals and similar things that are important to keep on skill bar? Aoe? 2h over 1h dual wield right at start and early to late mid levels? The laziest trait tree and the most rewarding - are they one and same at start?

I check guides and it's mostly about the very end bits or from forum users who last played below level 50 five or more years ago.
    It would be ace to have some fresh input from someone who recently got to the class and tried stuff out!
    Starting an altogether fresh and new champion tomorrow night. I have a feeling it will be awesome fun

(I myself last played a champ many, many years ago - when I played with codemasters before this forum user join - and eventually rerolled it to be a different class.)

Dare I bump this? I asked a bit about a) and b) but remain lost at c)

My champ was started before trait trees, but once they were introduced I went yellow, dual wield never looking back.

As far as rotation goes I always Rend first and ask questions later.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

I may not be so relevant because I just came back from quite a long absence from the game, but I did play champ as my main since 2008. and I believe I can give you at least an opinion. I used to be die hard dual wielding fan for years, I ran around with 2 swords back when everyone and their little sister went 2h. But when they did the revamp and developed trait trees I decided to try 2h for once and I liked it so much I started using it regularly.

Yes, rend is great. Especially I can imagine how great it is in raids. But for landscape mobs, I dont know. They hardly ever clump on you an mass and I found I kill them faster one by one as I go than running around collecting a group so I can justify AoE. On the other hand if you do find something a bit harder and your gear is not exactly stellar, killing spree is a saving grace.

Maybe it is a habit but right now I find yellow a bit clunky compared to red. As far as corruptions go, you always have feral strikes no matter. For when I really have to AoE, raging is available enough in yellow tree.

I would say if you dont plan on grouping much and have no interest in grinding trait points 18 hours a day, something like this should be just fine as a starter for questing and landscape mobs http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=6DD . I know some people dont like brutal but I do, your mileage may vary of course. With second wind and killing spree you should have little to no downtime when deeding.
    Last edited by CroKat; Mar 20 2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    Rend first and ask questions later.
    I like that, nice pitch talk

Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    feral strikes
    Thank you! Good pointers
    ah yes, not too heavily dipped into yellow

I was already capped when trait trees came out but would say in the the mid-levels, a red build to at least Renewing Strikes and with enough yellow for Raging Blades and Ardent Rage will make your questing go along faster. Early on, just play with both red and yellow to see what you like as either one will work fine. Don't worry about blue unless it is to grab Second Wind.

For soloing tis pretty much red then later one you pick up some yellow trait to get some AoE (basicaly red = single target and yellow is AoE). DW is betther for single target and 2hander for AoE.

Below lvl 40 personaly I think going yellow does not worth it because their is only a place you can AoE a lot sof mobs down,

Myself I'm 2hander simply bcuz I prefer the look of these weapons but really both DW and 2hander will do pretty well.

You can always have an heavy yellow build and a heavy red one and just switch according to what your doing. mas murdering camp of orcs or goblin in yellow is fun when you don't over extend and get killed :-P

Quote Originally Posted by varlak74 View Post
    For soloing tis pretty much red then later one you pick up some yellow trait to get some AoE (basicaly red = single target and yellow is AoE). DW is betther for single target and 2hander for AoE.

Below lvl 40 personaly I think going yellow does not worth it because their is only a place you can AoE a lot sof mobs down,

Myself I'm 2hander simply bcuz I prefer the look of these weapons but really both DW and 2hander will do pretty well.

You can always have an heavy yellow build and a heavy red one and just switch according to what your doing. mas murdering camp of orcs or goblin in yellow is fun when you don't over extend and get killed :-P
    Then red is where it's at another 25 levels

Quote Originally Posted by varlak74 View Post

Yellow doesn't begin to shine until at least level 40. Once you pick up the Raging Blade skill, it gets better. Once you can get Fury of Blades, then yellow is the best. Until then, red line is the way to go. You may even want to have a blue line set up if you find yourself getting killed in low level fellowship content. Once you hit level 50 and get your first LIs, you should be going with yellow line most of the time.

For lower level red line, lead with Devastating Strike and Swift Strike to build fervour, then use Ferocious Strikes and Remorseless Strikes whenever possible. Use Wild Attack and Blade Wall while other skills are on cooldown.

For yellow line, Rend is your friend. Lead with it, follow with Swift Strike. That should give you enough fervour to unload with Raging Blade, Fury of Blades, or Blade Storm (in order of preference). Use Wild Attack and Blade Wall while other skills are on cooldown. Use Horn of Gondor if you pull too many mobs.