We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lottery?

Thumbs up Lottery?

I remember, a couple years back, there was a lottery drawing once a week. You had a reason to log in and enter for a random chance at something quite new and rare. I miss this incentive. It gave me something to keep coming back...I enjoyed a little chance at something. Can we please get together and maybe bring it back? Thanks much! (going on my 6yr. V.I.P. and 9+ toons in to my journey)

The lottery was based on a database that somehow took the information from the playing servers, and used that for a comparision/match with the lottery conditions (so that the rewards will be appropriate to the respective level). One day there was a big outage, and the lottery system was damaged, with no backup available. Sapience restarted it several times, trying to make it work again, but couldn't really get it running. In the end, the lottery was ditched.

This is what I know about the story (and witnessed while the whole thing was going on).

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Manfreid, dwarven Level 105 Champion, all the same
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by leglaith View Post
    I remember, a couple years back, there was a lottery drawing once a week. You had a reason to log in and enter for a random chance at something quite new and rare. I miss this incentive. It gave me something to keep coming back...I enjoyed a little chance at something. Can we please get together and maybe bring it back? Thanks much! (going on my 6yr. V.I.P. and 9+ toons in to my journey)
    Dead and buried several years ago, and not coming back. They used data from mylotro, which died before the "new" forums went up. I think it was gone even before Codemasters was bought out/merged. There are a ton of 4+ year old posts on this subforum that talk about it.

There's still a daily "reason to log in" - hobbit presents.