We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lottery?

Thumbs up Lottery?

I remember, a couple years back, there was a lottery drawing once a week. You had a reason to log in and enter for a random chance at something quite new and rare. I miss this incentive. It gave me something to keep coming back...I enjoyed a little chance at something. Can we please get together and maybe bring it back? Thanks much! (going on my 6yr. V.I.P. and 9+ toons in to my journey)

The lottery was based on a database that somehow took the information from the playing servers, and used that for a comparision/match with the lottery conditions (so that the rewards will be appropriate to the respective level). One day there was a big outage, and the lottery system was damaged, with no backup available. Sapience restarted it several times, trying to make it work again, but couldn't really get it running. In the end, the lottery was ditched.

This is what I know about the story (and witnessed while the whole thing was going on).

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by leglaith View Post
    I remember, a couple years back, there was a lottery drawing once a week. You had a reason to log in and enter for a random chance at something quite new and rare. I miss this incentive. It gave me something to keep coming back...I enjoyed a little chance at something. Can we please get together and maybe bring it back? Thanks much! (going on my 6yr. V.I.P. and 9+ toons in to my journey)
    Dead and buried several years ago, and not coming back. They used data from mylotro, which died before the "new" forums went up. I think it was gone even before Codemasters was bought out/merged. There are a ton of 4+ year old posts on this subforum that talk about it.

There's still a daily "reason to log in" - hobbit presents.

I remember that outage... was a big disappointment... because you could get some great stuff from the lottery... now we have hobbit presents which doesn't really do much in my opinion. Especially when I often get a stupid simple horn which is completely useless.

I miss the chance to get a mount. Got one of the PAX mounts on one character.

was really awesome!!!
    got several mounts for my toons!
    if it wasnt the lottery i wouldnt be able to get em!
    steed of the burglar on 2 toons
    steed of minas ithil
    cremelo to almost all of them
    n more i cant recall!
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    was really awesome!!!
    got several mounts for my toons!
    if it wasnt the lottery i wouldnt be able to get em!
    steed of the burglar on 2 toons
    steed of minas ithil
    cremelo to almost all of them
    n more i cant recall!
    Yeah, it was a bummer when the system went down, I got some really good stuff from the lottery.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Anax_Basileus View Post
    I remember that outage... was a big disappointment... because you could get some great stuff from the lottery... now we have hobbit presents which doesn't really do much in my opinion. Especially when I often get a stupid simple horn which is completely useless.
    I miss the lottery, but don't knock Hobbit Presents too hard -- yeah, I've got Dale-Men's Crams coming out my ears and I don't know what to do with rally horns or landscape soldier tokens, and the mark and shard quantities are a joke, but the stockpile of unopened Mathom armour I had built up over time came in very handy while leveling my hunter to 115 without Mordor. Ever since they changed it to boxes that aren't pinned to class or level till you open them, and then open on level instead of at the most recent 10th level, those are way more useful.

Plus, the gold's always nice.
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 29 | Arestelle . 115 | Calairiel . 42 | Gwaewen . 41 | Iadessea . 26 | Magrith . 37 | Melaidhrin . 29 | Miraear . 29 | Muiriol . 113 | Nephra . 21 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

The lottery system was the best, either they have nobody skilled enough to rewrite a lottery system or they are too stingy to give anything but the lame hobbit presents out for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephita View Post
    The lottery system was the best, either they have nobody skilled enough to rewrite a lottery system or they are too stingy to give anything but the lame hobbit presents out for free.
    Or they simply don't have the dev time available that it would require. I doubt skill has anything to do with it.
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 29 | Arestelle . 115 | Calairiel . 42 | Gwaewen . 41 | Iadessea . 26 | Magrith . 37 | Melaidhrin . 29 | Miraear . 29 | Muiriol . 113 | Nephra . 21 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §