We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Belfalas Housing can you abandon them?

I don't know how to actually word this, but you spend mithril coins to purchase the house. Can you abandon the home in any way and get even a partial refund on the coins you spent?

I bought more than one house for my husband to have one, since I had a ton of mithril coins. Not realizing he couldn't portal etc. to make it worthwhile. Now I own two and am out the coins of course. So do I have to just keep it forever and ever and it's just an unused shell?

Thx for any info

You can indeed abandon a premium house, but you will not get mithril coins back ~ instead you get premium housing writs, which can be used to purchase other premium houses ~ details here: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...m_Housing_Writ

Note that the value of the writs will be less than those actually needed to purchase the same house, and more writs can be bought in the lotro store. I have used this system myself to abandon a premium house bought with my main, and re-purchased with an alt on the same account so that the house is in the alt's name.
    ~ Everbrock Spudplucker ~

Everbrock, thanks so much! That is exactly what I was looking for, except I guess I still don't understand "how" to abandon a house. I have one I want to keep, and one to abandon. Looking around I'm missing the "how" to do it!

Any tips there? I'm a bit clueless it seems on this. (on second thought, i'll go in game and check the housing tab :-) hehe)
    Last edited by clrsf06; Apr 01 2017 at 02:00 PM.

No problem.

If you haven't found it yet, the Abandon button is on the House window opened from your main Character panel.
    ~ Everbrock Spudplucker ~