We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting up

Meeting up

Since the recent discussions over on BR forum about marks and meds etc, something occured to me as a suggestion.
    I don't want to put this under any one server forum, because I don't want to restrict it to any server in particular. So, I'm adding it here.

I see quite often in various threads, solo players, who play solo for a myriad of reasons, and some, purely because that's what they want and enjoy.
    So this is addressed to the people that play solo for reasons they maybe think are obstacles.

Would you be interested in meeting up on a mutually agreed server, as brand new characters, with view to playing through the content at a relaxed pace with others?

I'll try to address some of the obstacles I've seen stated as a problem on the forums. . . .

1. Time restraints. No worries, we will work around them - together.
    2. Elitism. Not going to be present in any form.
    3. I don't work that well with others. Maybe it was the "others" that didn't work well with you, and another try will see a different outcome.
    4. I'm nervous. No need to be, we can go at your comfort pace and break when you need to.
    5. I'm a quiet, shy type. Not a problem, you can come be quiet and shy with me (and anyone else interested in coming along), and I'll be fine with it.

Advantages

We can play through content from the ground up, share knowledge and help each other by giving tips and advice. We can run group content as a friendly unit with no pressures. Just a group of friends having fun together - win or lose. We can pool some resources, and grow things faster as a joined unit. We can have a lot of fun. We can work it in such a way that it won't take too much time off our usual play patterns on our usual home worlds, and make it a mutual time and setting to suit all. It can be one hour a week or ten hours a week - whatever people want. I'll roll two, and level one up real fast, and will have some extra hours put aside to help out anyone that falls behind because they had to miss a session or something like that.

If we choose a EU server, I can always make sure we have access to all crafts and what resources we may need along the way, so we don't have to start everything from scratch.

So, to the solo players out there, that are solo because of obstacles (that can be overcome), as Aragorn would put it . . .

What say you?

It's never too late to join us For info on how to join and where we're at, see the link below.

http://casualwanderers.gamerlaunch.c...46696#39177278
    Last edited by Arnenna; Apr 06 2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

For me the only 'obstacle' is time restraints, all the others i can manage except that, so i'm mostly a casual not a soloer.

I love to group up (and do some T2s when i have more time available), especially for the fun of it. Grouping its not so intimidating as many solo players believe. You just have to find the right people.

I think its a very nice idea from Arnenna. I will support as much as i can, if more are interested.

I vote for an EU server, since lag is an issue for me, but will follow to everything the majority votes for.
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    For me the only 'obstacle' is time restraints, all the others i can manage except that, so i'm mostly a casual not a soloer.

I love to group up (and do some T2s when i have more time available), especially for the fun of it. Grouping its not so intimidating as many solo players believe. You just have to find the right people.

I think its a very nice idea from Arnenna. I will support as much as i can, if more are interested.

I vote for an EU server, since lag is an issue for me, but will follow to everything the majority votes for.
    Excellent Hopefully a few more will come and show interest.

Is this gonna include questing in every zone including starter areas, skirmishes, raids, the epic quest line?

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Is this gonna include questing in every zone including starter areas, skirmishes, raids, the epic quest line?
    I cant talk on Arnenna's behalf but i cant see the reason why not...
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Nice initiative. Good luck :-)
    EDIT: Just to make it clear, I won't take part. No time for additional group play.
    Last edited by thinx; Mar 14 2017 at 02:30 PM.

Sound like fun. Back in the 1st Age of our game, I recall needing a friend just to do landscape quests. I am east coast USA but wouldn't mind joining. As long as you bring the Plum Pudding.
    I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ned cae. A han noston ned gwilith.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Can do if that's what people want. Nobody will be tied completely to grouping. We can set level stops, so people can progress alone in between sessions. For example, if we set the first level stop at 10, and you feel like going in at a time that hasn't been arranged, then you can.

I cant talk on Arnenna's behalf but i cant see the reason why not...
    Yup, you can. A joint venture is a joint thing - not a one person thing Feel free to answer and make suggestions, whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Palenen View Post
    Sound like fun. Back in the 1st Age of our game, I recall needing a friend just to do landscape quests. I am east coast USA but wouldn't mind joining. As long as you bring the Plum Pudding.
    I wasn't here for that time, but I remember my first alt running East Angmar with a couple of friends I met along the way. It was a great time. I can bring unlimited supplies of plum pudding.

Well I'm in as long as there is no drama & no pressure. I can pretty much play any time.

If possible, I would rather it be a non EU server. Evernight seems really populated & I am not too keen playing on Laurelin.

If this gets to taking place, I suggest this start after the spring festival which starts next week btw.

Oh & it might be a good idea to form a kin so messages can be sent to players, etc.

Wonderful idea. I'm in-I vote Landroval, but any is ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yup, you can. A joint venture is a joint thing - not a one person thing Feel free to answer and make suggestions, whatever you want.
    Thank you.

And since we play on the same server, if you need any help, feel free to send me a tell with anything you need to organize the group.

Thorgull and Malendar are the ones i'm online with, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Since the recent discussions over on BR forum about marks and meds etc, something occured to me as a suggestion.

I don't want to put this under any one server forum, because I don't want to restrict it to any server in particular. So, I'm adding it here.

I see quite often in various threads, solo players, who play solo for a myriad of reasons, and some, purely because that's what they want and enjoy.

So this is addressed to the people that play solo for reasons they maybe think are obstacles.

Would you be interested in meeting up on a mutually agreed server, as brand new characters, with view to playing through the content at a relaxed pace with others?

I'll try to address some of the obstacles I've seen stated as a problem on the forums. . . .

1. Time restraints. No worries, we will work around them - together.
    2. Elitism. Not going to be present in any form.
    3. I don't work that well with others. Maybe it was the "others" that didn't work well with you, and another try will see a different outcome.
    4. I'm nervous. No need to be, we can go at your comfort pace and break when you need to.
    5. I'm a quiet, shy type. Not a problem, you can come be quiet and shy with me (and anyone else interested in coming along), and I'll be fine with it.

Here are what I see as advantages.

We can play through content from the ground up, share knowledge and help each other by giving tips and advice. We can run group content as a friendly unit with no pressures. Just a group of friends having fun together - win or lose. We can pool some resources, and grow things faster as a joined unit. We can have a lot of fun. We can work it in such a way that it won't take too much time off our usual play patterns on our usual home worlds, and make it a mutual time and setting to suit all. It can be one hour a week or ten hours a week - whatever people want. I'll roll two, and level one up real fast, and will have some extra hours put aside to help out anyone that falls behind because they had to miss a session or something like that.

If we choose a EU server, I can always make sure we have access to all crafts and what resources we may need along the way, so we don't have to start everything from scratch.

So, to the solo players out there, that are solo because of obstacles (that can be overcome), as Aragorn would put it . . .

What say you?
    Well, it sounds like a nice idea, and I hope you get some takers; let us know how it works out.

I won't participate, in part because I already have eleven (!) active characters on Arkenstone, and may be sufficiently foolish to make a twelfth when High Elves come in. I'm retired, so in theory I would have the time. In practice, I'll turn seventy-five this summer, and I'm running out of energy.

Best of luck.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

From this thread:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...67#post7702167

Quote Originally Posted by liza61 View Post
    I wish I could reply to the thread "meeting up" in General Discussion.

I would be very happy to join your group.

I play in solo mode for 3 reasons:

1 - I dont speak english. I understand written English with no problems, but I have difficulty answering.

2 - I consider myself a noob and I will not ruin the game for other people.

3 - i play slow paced.

If none of these things is a problem for you, I would love to join your group.

Sorry for my poor english
    ~ * ~

Smile

I'll do my best to tag along if you happen to choose Landroval or Crickhollow, where I have a myriad of characters in various level ranges, as your haunt. I also have baby characters on Gladden, Arkendstone and Brandywine. I can also make a new alt on Evernight just for this purpose, sounds fun

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights); Zigilturg (Forever Notorious); Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    If that is poor English, I hate to think what the quality of my languages are that are not English.

I just returned to LOTRO after a big break caused by technical issues with my laptop and some RL duties.

In the past I used to play solo because there were days when my playtime was very limited. And I am not native speaker so my English is a bit strange. None of these things changed, still I am not very happy about my English and sometimes I can play for hours and some days I can not even log in.

Would this be a problem? If not, I would love to join.

Fab responses guys. I just popped in to take a quick peep. We have a little Birthday girl here at home today, so celebrations of turning eleven are underway, but I'll be back in here later this evening to chat with you all.

Happy birthday to the young girl.

Enjoy the party!

Sounds like a super idea ! I will echo one of the other posters in saying that this shows great initiative !
    I am open to whatever server is decided on ... would be good to get me out of my Landroval rut ...

Oh and Happy Birthday to the young lady ...

Oh, I was able to reply.. Anyway I sent you a PM that I'm interested in this Cheers for the initiative.

I am interested as well. Any server is fine with me.
    Thanks

Hi guys

This a really nice response

Just had a quick look through the posts and it seems there is some call for EU server, or US, specifically Landy or Crick. One who would roll a new alt on Evernight, as well as Landy or Crick, one that would prefer it's not Landy, and one that would prefer a non EU server.

With regard to Evernight - that's my home world, where I have 23 characters. It would be ideal for making sure we have resources, but I'd rather resist the temptation to bring in big guns during catch up sessions. Plus, I'd have to buy a new slot, which I'd rather avoid for now, but will if needed. If we go to Landy or Crick, I won't be able to transfer resources over from Evernight, but as long as everyone is fine with that - then I'm fine with either of those.

Or there is Laurelin, if anyone fancies we put together a nice Lore fitting group over there?

If I just list the ones that have been brought up, could you all say which one you would prefer? Looks like we can narrow it down to four.

Landy
    Crick
    Evernight
    Laurelin

Happy birthday to the young girl.

Enjoy the party!
    Thanks. She's had a very nice day (I'm shattered lol).

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast