We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When does U20 go live?

Just wondering if there has been a release date. Holding off on gearing up due to the new gear coming out.

Quikhan - 65 Guardian; Helieos - 65 Captian

Well they are in the beta and not all functioned as it should so maybe 2 mare beta-phases. also 3 weeks to be live. but that is just a guess from a player.

In Cordovan's last Thursday stream he said they were aiming for about 2 weeks, that puts it in the week of the 20th-24th if all goes well.
    105 - Hobbit Warden

Hijacking the thread with a similar question...

Has there been any word as of when the updated character appearances and the new high elf will come? I can't remember Is it far off in the future or soon-ish perhaps?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Hijacking the thread with a similar question...

Has there been any word as of when the updated character appearances and the new high elf will come? I can't remember Is it far off in the future or soon-ish perhaps?
    The EP letter in January has High Elves scheduled for the next update, u21. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-January-2017
    No action can be virtuous unless it is freely chosen.
    -- Murray N. Rothbard

LOTRO Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us

Quote Originally Posted by Lohdain View Post
    The EP letter in January has High Elves scheduled for the next update, u21. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-January-2017
    Ah! So not that far off then Thank you for the info and link!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Ah! So not that far off then Thank you for the info and link!
    You do realize that Update 21 is, in fact, the upcoming Mordor expansion ? Planned for a late summer-early autumn release, at least that was what I had last read.

We are tentatively planning to release U20 next week, if everything this week falls into place.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are tentatively planning to release U20 next week, if everything this week falls into place.
    *impatiently waits for "The Day of the Tentacle"* -- Oh sorry ... tentatively ... my bad

impatiently waits for "The Day of the Tentacle"

"onacruiseboatsomewhereintheca rribeanoceanisasmallfamilytryi nggiantsquidforthefirstime-justhittheshellwiththehammeral readyforpetesakeswillyounow?(ladiesandgentlemen,theglitter ingmordorexpansion.)

Quote Originally Posted by iarlnir View Post
    You do realize that Update 21 is, in fact, the upcoming Mordor expansion ? Planned for a late summer-early autumn release, at least that was what I had last read.
    Yes I do, and that is quite soon Only a few months!

That means I will soon be able to greet my friends everyday with a creepily intense /stare? Wooo! Can't wait!

Don't miss the opportunity to release it on the 25th, ie the date of the Battle of the Black Gate

I'm glad that there is a chance the update will go ahead during March. I wish you luck and plain sailing with the final ironing of any rough spots.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'm glad that there is a chance the update will go ahead during March. I wish you luck and plain sailing with the final ironing of any rough spots.
    In all honestly, there weren't many spots besides that one *flashback* instance from Elladan there wasnt much unfinished besides things like icons etc. to begin with (apart from guard/LIs etc).

With new icons, cloaks finalised and the LI tiers redacted there isn't much left to "finish" beyond basic bug-fixing. However that's in reference to the content being introduced, there's still heaps of things they could look at from past levels and content but I doubt those will be looked at before U20 gets launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Flooz View Post
    *impatiently waits for "The Day of the Tentacle"* -- Oh sorry ... tentatively ... my bad
    That was a classic. I recently had to explain to someone (who is older than I am by about a decade) what Monkey Island is.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I'm guessing the release date is tentatively scheduled for March 23rd to coincide with the release of Spring Festival.

Fingers crossed U20 should be out Monday as long as it passed its Build QA. Should find out later today

Quote Originally Posted by Flintryth View Post
    Fingers crossed U20 should be out Monday as long as it passed its Build QA. Should find out later today
    I doubt Monday. Tuesdays or Thursdays are traditional patch days.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenusG View Post
    I doubt Monday. Tuesdays or Thursdays are traditional patch days.
    I'm just passing on the same quote that +Cordovan said in his stream yesterday

Unfortunately, something came up with our build overnight, so we're looking at not-Monday for the update. Still on track to release Update 20 next week though.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Unfortunately, something came up with our build overnight, so we're looking at not-Monday for the update. Still on track to release Update 20 next week though.
    Ok! That is great Looking forward to spring fest too.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Ok! That is great Looking forward to spring fest too.
    As Macro says Am really looking forward to the Update and also the Spring Festival next week, also TY again +Cordovan for the prompt and constant updates from both the Twitch stream and on here about what is happening and when (big thumbs up)

Lol? You are hyped because of gear, I will never understand some people. How could you possibly be so impatient to mindlessly grind for a few pieces of armor or jewelry ,rather than experiencing new story or simply exploring new region.

Players these days, Gear,gear,gear, Me uber! 120kmastery! When I asked them basics of story line or even some questions every LOTRO player should know regarding lore or even places, they are clueless. Not even kidding.

Major update or expansion is coming , guy limited to gear only.

These are astonishing times indeed.
    Wisdom is not communicable. The wisdom which a wise Edhel tries to communicate always sounds foolish.

Red face

Man!! Monday is my birthday and I was excited to get the update for my birthday. Oh well. I'm excited that it's coming soon at least!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninky View Post
    Lol? You are hyped because of gear, I will never understand some people. How could you possibly be so impatient to mindlessly grind for a few pieces of armor or jewelry ,rather than experiencing new story or simply exploring new region.

Players these days, Gear,gear,gear, Me uber! 120kmastery! When I asked them basics of story line or even some questions every LOTRO player should know regarding lore or even places, they are clueless. Not even kidding.

Major update or expansion is coming , guy limited to gear only.

These are astonishing times indeed.
    Says the guy who has several posts in U20 gear stat discussion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast