We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raid Progression - The Abyss of Mordath

Hi All

LOTRO's latest raid is The Abyss of Mordath and will go live as part of dot update 21.3.

• To enter the raid, you will need to Discover the Abyss of Mordath. Find the door in the Chamber of the Watchers in the lower levels of Barad-dur (Western edge of the Barad-dur map on the lower corridor branching).
    • This is a level 115 raid (and does not scale) with 2 difficulty tiers.

Good luck to all kins! Cheers!

Please post screenshots of your kills here. The screenshots should show either the "Challenge Completed" message on your screen or your group in front of the T2 and T2C chests with the deed log showing that you have completed the T2 / T2C deed.

Important: Please enable chat time-stamp or use the /servertime command before taking the screenshot to verify that this kill was done on live and not on Bullroarer!

Using exploits or attempts of faking screenshots will result in a permanent removal of your kinship name from this list!

Regards,
    liverpaste
    Last edited by liverpaste; Oct 30 2017 at 08:29 AM.

Faded-Arkenstone- bosses 2,3 and 4 t2c done

Creating a progression thread half a year in advance ... LOL that's not how it works boi!

Or does making sure it's YOU hosting the new thread somehow make you feel more important? Smh...

Anyways,... I'm voting for either GoodGuySmaug (the previous host) or an official SSG person hosting a potential Mordor thread... when the time comes.

LOL, now the drama from whether Portal or MI6 was the real victor in the race for ToDT stretches to now??? Sounds like old foursquare rules where you get to make up anything and it's good as long as you're in the top square.

To make things more interesting, let's have a LOTRO election for Progression Thread Referee.

Questions:
    1) Are you a member of portal or MI6
    2) Who was the grand winner, portal or MI6?
    3) Can someone transfer to your server and take your OG title if nobody else has?
    4) If a GM grants a bugged title, does it count or not?
    5) Why should we believe your rankings above anyone else?
    6) What is your favorite color?
    7) What is the capital of Yugoslavia?
    8) How fast does a swallow fly?
    9) Will you bring diversity to the White City?

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor_the_Burninator View Post
    what do you mean, african or european?

This is sure to be a hot thread, so I am reserving my space on the first page. This is prime digital real estate, so if you wish to rent this space for advertising, please PM me for details. Our rates are very affordable.

LOL, now the drama from whether Portal or MI6 was the real victor in the race for ToDT stretches to now??? Sounds like old foursquare rules where you get to make up anything and it's good as long as you're in the top square.

To make things more interesting, let's have a LOTRO election for Progression Thread Referee.

Questions:
    1) Are you a member of portal or MI6
    2) Who was the grand winner, portal or MI6?
    3) Can someone transfer to your server and take your OG title if nobody else has?
    4) If a GM grants a bugged title, does it count or not?
    5) Why should we believe your rankings above anyone else?
    6) What is your favorite color?
    7) What is the capital of Yugoslavia?
    9) Will you bring diversity to the White City?
    yes n yes
    me all the way
    only me
    it count to you
    the same reason we should we believe yours
    i aint gonna tell to you..........
    Belgrade......even 1st grade know this! do you know your school's andress?
    ask yourself you know it well
    always!

1) why people post stupid things?
    2)why we still respond to stupid posts?

im entering a post seems to be interest n i found myself reading things that even kids can understand that are so stupid to be posted..........
    so devastating.........
    from now on i m gonna enter only the official lotro posts
    bb................
    10 years lotro enthousiast, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

There is no Yugoslavia...

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli21 View Post
    There is no Yugoslavia...

mate ........
    well i was about to explain about yugoslavia
    but then i remembered that this is no place for political talks
    n ofc i dont want to find myself banned
    i m pretty sure that you can find yourself what is n was yugoslavia
    goodnight to all!
    10 years lotro enthousiast, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Saved for future raid snark and cosmetic shows

Quote Originally Posted by DisplTru View Post
    Creating a progression thread half a year in advance ... LOL that's not how it works boi!

Or does making sure it's YOU hosting the new thread somehow make you feel more important? Smh...
    It is how it works and this is my attempt at giving back to LOTRO and the LOTRO community for all the years of fun I have gained from this marvelous game! Please do not try and shoot me down just because you do not know me.

Hello!

GoodGuySmaug here, your host of the "Throne of the Dread Terror"-Progression-Thread.

If you, liverpaste or someone else, want to host the next Progression Thread, sure why not. I already offered to host a Mordor thread, but if someone thinks my work in the Throne thread wasn't good enough, then someone else can do it next time. I certainly won't claim some kind of privilege of creating the next thread. Just don't underestimate the effort it will take to maintain the thread and keep it up to date every day. You will be expected to have a very detailed understanding of all mechanics and all possible exploits and you're going to recieve a ton of PMs of people accusing each other of exploiting and asking for the removal of each other's kins. In the end you won't be able to make everyone happy and some people will always be mad at you.

In my opinion, an official SSG person should be hosting the next thread. How about either Cordovan or ThePinion? Would you be willing to do it? After all, Cordovan is our Community Manager, so he would fit best to manage community events (and the race to the First Kills is a community event). If no official SSG person agrees to do it, I can already see three or more different Mordor progression threads being created competing with each other. Each thread being run by a different person and with different rules. And that's a scenario certainly noone wants.

Anyway, as already mentioned, I would love to be at your service once again but I'm also fine with someone else hosting a new thread.

Happy raiding everyone!

Definitely GoodGuySmaug, he has done a fantastic job!!
    Why should we risk another host, who perhaps messes up everything ?

With the Mordor expansion just around the corner I hope everyone else is a pumped as I am about the next raid cluster! GL to all kins and I hope I do the raid progression the justice it deserves like all previous hosts!

The raid mordor is alone for kin or we can that we are not of these kin pro to represent also

What I say in the expansion there is one raid and only they want it for kin where I have to bring in order that it is public

Won't be too long before the raid is released to Bullroarer! #excited

Who starts a thread 9 months in advance?
    Illydros Squanto Ulricson Saridas Gap

Yeah, can we all please ignore this guy's thread and make a new one? That would be great.

After reading some of OP's comments in some other thread, I now highly doubt that he is the adequate person to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpaste View Post
    I don't kin up with raiders [...] They are elitist pricks.
    Seriously dude? You're flaming raiders and hate elitism but at the same time you want to host a thread about the most elitist thing (in a good way) you can find in LOTRO? Namely the race for the world-first kills?

Quote Originally Posted by Vezal View Post
    Definitely GoodGuySmaug, he has done a fantastic job!!
    Why should we risk another host, who perhaps messes up everything ?
    Fully agreed. And since he already said he'd be willing to do it again, there is no reason to create other progression threads months in advance just because someone feels special.

Updated info in the original post.

Here's a bigger issue now. Now that the bulk of all the stats from raid gear (and even equivalents to raid gear for jewels) can be bartered with ash. Should we put a big ole asterisk next to any completions this time around? Kinda like putting an asterisk on Barry Bond's home run because of the steroid controversy? Like will you really consider a win this cycle to be a true win if you go in with endgame gear (via grind or p2w) instead of progressing to it? Idk about you, but i feel like boycotting the progression thread.

Here's a bigger issue now. Now that the bulk of all the stats from raid gear (and even equivalents to raid gear for jewels) can be bartered with ash. Should we put a big ole asterisk next to any completions this time around? Kinda like putting an asterisk on Barry Bond's home run because of the steroid controversy? Like will you really consider a win this cycle to be a true win if you go in with endgame gear (via grind or p2w) instead of progressing to it? Idk about you, but i feel like boycotting the progression thread.
    Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. Repeating the first few encounters you get down to build up gear so that your kin can tackle harder parts of the raid has always been one of the key parts of progression raiding. Kinda feels cheating to have some players effectively buying their way straight into being fully geared and thus being able to bypass this step.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post
    what do you mean, african or european?
    Laden or Unladen? This is a very deep question.

Gulz posting on the wrong account.

I agree wholeheartedly that this is a problem with the raiding scene come the next update. Looking at the ash barter gear, these stats are the same as the raid barter tokens which you get form the t2 drops. Minus the set bonuses (most set bonuses are worthless anyway) this will give certain players, groups, and kins an unfair advantage right off of day 1 of the raid race. Just really defeats the purpose of progression and racing against other kins.

And everyone knows plenty of people are hoarding and building up lots of ash to be able to spend on the armor and jewelry day 1.

My suggestion would be to either A) Deed lock this gear from barter similar to that of the Erebor sets, or B) not make this gear available for ash barter until the next patch or at another time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast