We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Why hasn't anyone replied to this raid progression thread? Can we get this stickied??

Well, there's allready one sticky about the Abyss Raid, if you didn't notice No need to make two.

Guess the raiders choose to post the results in that thread. If you want to follow the progression, you can read about it in that thread.

For your convenience i've included the link Maybe it's possible for you to include it in your starting post ?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...88#post7798888

Season's Greetings

This is your chance! The other thread got locked

Quote Originally Posted by Justapvpdude View Post
    This is your chance! The other thread got locked
    Thread locked down cause players can't be more civilized.... instead of appreciating the work players have done on completing the raid, they argue and insult...
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Thread locked down cause players can't be more civilized.... instead of appreciating the work players have done on completing the raid, they argue and insult...
    Same thing happened with Throne when folks transferred and took other server's titles. It will continue as long as transferring to a server and executing the raid on that server grants title.
    Are you watching closely?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Or maybe cause staff is too afraid to do something about that except pretending nothing happened.
    Last edited by Rialtan; Dec 29 2017 at 04:58 AM.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    Or maybe cause staff is too afraid to do something about that except pretending nothing happened.
    Yes, I am afraid that is exactly the case, if I may say so!

Someone was not patient enough to deal with all this drama behind just few posts...

It seems it is a lot easier to "cut" the head of Hydra rather than just "burn" a couple annoying ones, is it?

Rumor is that one colleague forums user -who happens to lead a kinship on an US server- urged more than enough the moderator, in order to "save" his/her kinship's "lost" reputation.

As far as I am concerned, I must say that I am rather disappointed by the modearator for he did exactly the same mistake as about one year ago...

We did advice him not to lock such important threads for a lot of players/users and yet he did it again!

Why is that, if I may ask?

At least, we should have respected GoodGuySmaug's hard work and effort... but apparently that was not a strong motivation, in order to keep that thread up!

Interesting!
    Last edited by Grego28; Dec 29 2017 at 06:38 AM.

After what happened to the main thread I guess I will be posting this here.

In the photo below you can still see the webs of the big spider on the ground. Those webs have a duration of 1 minute. The spider must have died currently for those webs to be lying around still considering it would be laying the webs first and then die after 20 seconds if their DPS is actually high enough to do at least 150m dmg on that boss in 7 minutes and 30 seconds which I doubt. But its well known that killing the spider is gonna heal the bosses up and it would be impossible to kill the boss in less than a minute after the huge heal from spiders death. They obviously used the exploit on the first boss. They just put their exploits proof here and saved us from the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post

First boss t2c, Ascensio (not ascencio :P ) Evernight EU

Well i forgot timestamp but we dont care to be in chart. Is just to have another Evernight kin in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegass View Post
    After what happened to the main thread I guess I will be posting this here.

In the photo below you can still see the webs of the big spider on the ground. Those webs have a duration of 1 minute. The spider must have died currently for those webs to be lying around still considering it would be laying the webs first and then die after 20 seconds if their DPS is actually high enough to do at least 150m dmg on that boss in 7 minutes and 30 seconds which I doubt. But its well known that killing the spider is gonna heal the bosses up and it would be impossible to kill the boss in less than a minute after the huge heal from spiders death. They obviously used the exploit on the first boss. They just put their exploits proof here and saved us from the trouble.
    Many groups kill spider last, so you would have to dps down ~35% of their morale at top (+ few bubbles) if you fail to do what you supposed to so ~20 mil, properly executed way less... He probably died early on and that's the reason he has just that time. You can easily die if you get trapped/play stupid as dps when doing this boss first time and there is not yet proper coordination going on. ~300k DPS isn't out of this world for the last burst if you have 4x hunters and RKs, frankly that's quite absurd amount of burst for that boss.

Not that I have any reason to defend that poster but come on now...
    Last edited by siipperi; Dec 31 2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo..

you are talking about 35% of boss morale which is 25m and then there will be at least 2 bubbles, thats 1,4m considering the incoming damage on that bubble. The spider doesnt put the web down as it dies, it puts it while its still alive which means they have even less than 60 seconds maybe 40 or 50 seconds at best. You are telling me they did around 540k DPS continuously during 50 seconds or maybe they had 40 seconds left which requires 670k+ dps during that. Also I would like to remind you, the web is still there and it might stay there for a few more seconds. Its duration is exactly 60 seconds so they surely had much less time than that. 40-50 seconds as I said...
    Last edited by Aegass; Dec 31 2017 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grego28 View Post
    Yes, I am afraid that is exactly the case, if I may say so!

Someone was not patient enough to deal with all this drama behind just few posts...

It seems it is a lot easier to "cut" the head of Hydra rather than just "burn" a couple annoying ones, is it?

Rumor is that one colleague forums user -who happens to lead a kinship on an US server- urged more than enough the moderator, in order to "save" his/her kinship's "lost" reputation.

As far as I am concerned, I must say that I am rather disappointed by the modearator for he did exactly the same mistake as about one year ago...

We did advice him not to lock such important threads for a lot of players/users and yet he did it again!

Why is that, if I may ask?

At least, we should have respected GoodGuySmaug's hard work and effort... but apparently that was not a strong motivation, in order to keep that thread up!

Interesting!
    People were using direct insults and posting ##### pictures on it, he deleted them and ppl still continued to post them, he had no choice at that point but to close it. Hopefully he can open it again in 1 or 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    People were using direct insults and posting ##### pictures on it, he deleted them and ppl still continued to post them, he had no choice at that point but to close it.
    What do you mean, he had no choice at that point?

Of course he had another option, if he truly wanted to keep the thread up.

It is not my job to underline what was that option about, but -apparently- he did get pressed, in order to react like that.

I absolutely disagree with such measures, especially after taking into consideration the reply of the moderator in the thread named "IF SOMEONE WANTS TO CREATE A NEW RAID

PROGRESSION THREAD"- page 3- reply No 57 [Jan 03 2017] (It is closed; allow me to just copy paste it for you) :

"I'm willing to reopen a new raid progression thread, but this thread pretty clearly shows why the OG one was closed. It's easily the most-reported thread I deal with DAILY, and if people can't keep the drama out of it, we can't do this. What do folks want the thread to be?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    Hopefully he can open it again in 1 or 2 weeks.
    Of course, he can; will he though?

No matter what, closing such an important thread -while the progression is still going on- just because a couple users are being naughty, that is not a solution, for sure!

But I guess, we will see what is next after vacation from work is past.

I will be going through the main thread and taking care of deletions, infractions, and both forum and in-game bans as necessary. Ultimately, the level of required moderation far exceeded my availability over the holiday, so closing it became necessary. If people can stick to the purpose of the thread and not get into arguments, or post inappropriate imagery, I'm ok with reopening the thread. But any drama discussion has to stay out of it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I will be going through the main thread and taking care of deletions, infractions, and both forum and in-game bans as necessary. Ultimately, the level of required moderation far exceeded my availability over the holiday, so closing it became necessary. If people can stick to the purpose of the thread and not get into arguments, or post inappropriate imagery, I'm ok with reopening the thread. But any drama discussion has to stay out of it.
    I don't think reopening is gonna change anything, people are gonna start trash talking everyone right away again.
    Faded Youtube Channel

Asthma Rank 15 Minstrel
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    I don't think reopening is gonna change anything, people are gonna start trash talking everyone right away again.
    The difference will be everyone is back from break, so we will be able to carve out the time to ban people both in-game and on the forums if they trash talk.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

The difference will be everyone is back from break, so we will be able to carve out the time to ban people both in-game and on the forums if they trash talk.
    Alright, i'm happy it will be under control now!
    Faded Youtube Channel

Asthma Rank 15 Minstrel
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

I'd like to see raids that have a more obvious strategy that is just tough to implement.

It can't be right to have a raid T2CM done so quick for a start but to have it also generate speculation over exploits/bugs must be down to SSG. So much is making players frustrated with SSG and so they must share the blame in making some players vent on the forums. It can't be healthy for the game to grief the players but this is what's happening.

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

I will be going through the main thread and taking care... I'm ok with reopening the thread.
    Thank you, dear sir, for reapraising and I also thank you for the time you sacrificed, in order to clean the original progression thread.

I am more than sure that you did take the right decision this time.

As a forums user, If I was there, I would gladly bow to you!

But, for now, I can only type this for you : ./bow

I wish you my very best for this new year, 2018.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2