We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue #2

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! This weekly community newsletter depends on your informational support, so please let me know when you have something going on, whether it be a new blog, event, web site, phone app, guide, etc. Reach us through contact@standingstonegames.com for now. This is our first week offering the Beacon in both French and German as well, so thank you for your patience while we worked this into our translation process.

Reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points! We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, March 9th. Good luck.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Nice to see this. I'd like to see a mite more... Official news, or even just musings from random dev's, but this'll do. I'd also like to suggest that you mention and quote the weekly comment winner. Speaking of...

"Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome... Bridge, which no-one has ever fallen off. Ever. Honest. Not even that guy".

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome view on the way down if you miss one of the bends of the serpentine road...

"Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome... Homely House. Ignore all the mournful wailing inside, it's not that bad, really!"

Cheers

Red face

Rivendell is also known for its awesome hospitality! It reminds me of the generally gracious experience I have with fellow travelers of LoTRO on Gladdden.

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome, awesome-ness, of awesome-imty ( Im no good at this )
    Last edited by zombie3000; Mar 02 2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Exploring Middle-earth, 1 Blog post at a time
    http://middleearthchronicles.wordpres s.com
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Doug111973 Twitter: @doug200463

Po-ta-toes!

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome elvish hospitality (assuming of course if you are deserving of it).

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome and precarious bridges. Elves don't need railings!
    Mountainsong - L105 Hunter on Brandywine
    Ursanor, Yanessa, Sunbeard - Brandywine alts
    Willamae - Captain on Landroval (Member of Courserrim)

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome relic collection, especially the loan service. From ancient weapons, artefacts and armour all on display and can be leased out if you schmooze up everyone the right way. The world-renowned hoard boasts prizes like the One Ring or the Red Book to the envy of the Mathom House. Plus countless testimonials from satisfied customers like Peregrin Took: "The process was so easy, I didn't even know I have wandered halfway across Rivendell with an ancient sceptre of Annuminas."

There was this one guy that defaced one relic, it was said he attempted to steal the shards of Narsil by reforging them into a whole new sword... pff Amateur.

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome history.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenusG View Post
    Nice to see this. I'd like to see a mite more... Official news, or even just musings from random dev's, but this'll do. I'd also like to suggest that you mention and quote the weekly comment winner. Speaking of...

"Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome... Bridge, which no-one has ever fallen off. Ever. Honest. Not even that guy".
    I was hoping we'd see an announcement of U20 on Bullroarer in the LOTRO Beacon this week, but sadly still nothing - its going to have to be a quick beta session to get it out before the Anniversary!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Rivendell is also known for it's music. It really fits the atmosphere.
    I believe Socrates said it best when he said, "I drank what?"

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome... oversupply of Dorwinion Red, slowly collecting dust as every year only the White gets scooped up by Inn Leaguers. Except the occasional confused or inebriated one who grabs the Red by mistake, to their eventual chagrin.

Wow the difference between the two pictures is amazing. I wonder how much is due to the computer settings and how much to the game changing over the years.

And Rivendell is definitely known for its funeral music.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome sense of timelessness.

"Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome friendships!" Visit Elrond and the other welcoming elves... and stay for awhile!

{Thanks for the "awesome" Beacon also}

Beacon #2 Weekly Question

...sauce.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome she-elves

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome guest beds, so luxurious that you can sleep for over a week and not realise it until you wake up, so spacious that you can comfortably cram four, even five hobbits into a single one, with room for more!
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

Rivendell is known for it's awesome secret meetings that are crashed by exuberant young hungry hobbits!

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome, gorgeous... and very noisy... waterfalls!
    "Pink makes EVERYTHING better! Cept Orcs or gobbies. Nothin' can make them better!
    Tearna Quickfoot, Hobbit minstrel on Landroval.

"Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome ELVES!"

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome lord Elrond. Brains, beauty, and books - how good you go wrong???
    My LotRO Fashion Blog

The Blade Reforged - Evernight
    Website and FaceBook

Rivendell is not only known for its incredible beauty, but also for its awesome moonlight!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast