We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mordor - PvP suggestions

Dear Fellow Creeps and Freeps,

I would like to make a few suggestions and with Mordor coming up there is no better time to just patch it all in one go.
    Besides many of the below suggestions are fairly easy for them to do as it just requires a resuffle for many things.

Creeps:
    - revamp of all the creep skills, it's stupid that only 3 attacks are being used on some classes
    - give new creeps of all the corroptions atleast t1
    - give them all skills up to rank 5
    - new creeps start off in Ost (can be skipped) and get guided to earn their first comms. (5 quests - daily base (each quest 100 points + finishing the daily to do 5 quest 200 points) is daily 700 coms))

Keeps:
    - Remove auto-flip on keeps
    - update the npc's in the towers to be tuffer
    - The backdoors in the keeps should be revamped - only let people go in while a keep is under attack (for the rest let people go in and out)
    - close off Ost Ringdyr and DG, when one side flips all keeps they can then attack it and when defeating the lord they gain a massive buff to comms earned and etc.
    - Controlling TA gives freeps on that server XP bonus / Comms if your in ettens + Renown bonus , creep gain increased Coms and Infamy

General:
    - add 5 more ranks to pvp
    - disable the run speed store buff in ettens
    - remove stealth from the path between Grams and DG (to many wargs being used as spies there)

Freeps:
    - Revamp the muster buff on freep side
    - give every freep base stats when entering the ettenmoors
    - give every freep max traits so they can play around with them
    - give every freep a set of armor, weapons, jewels to use when entering the ettens (no matter the lvl since you get scaled up)
    - remove audacity from the freep gear and let people spend Comms to upgrade it
    - Let freeps who go to ettens use comms to buy crystals, scrolls, ... so they can upgrade their weapon as well without the need to Pve.

Ost:
    - make Ost a big creep questing zone. Add more quests, add nice rewards as special skins, ....

Outposts and buffs:
    - make the outposts provide buffs based on how long people control them - Outpost reduce the effects of a new HOPE/DREAD debuff in TA - the more you control the lower the effect of it.
    - DoF revamp reduce the buffs you can get from the place for your faction, make quests for DOF for both sides to kill the bosses , bosses give 2k comms when killed (once per day)
    - ID and LC when controlled give a crafting buff to freeps on the server and a 10% run speed buff to freep and creep in ettens. (5% each) + either faction a 10% infamy/renown gain (5% each again)

I am curious of what you folks think
    I am also hoping if people like some of the idea's SSG will use the feedback you give or use some of these idea's

Best regards,
    Rogbarz
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0100001ccd17/signature.png]Rakghoul[/charsig]

I like your creep ideas, keeps definitely need a work on I mean come on 9 years ago you basically needed a raid to take TA now I can just go on my reaver and solo it. I like the idea of making the freeps have better base stats when in the moors, because currently there's not really any point going into the moors as a freep with no gear. Before you say 'oh well only freeps who grind out the gear should deserve to play', think about how many more people this would attract. The only thing I would say is you at least have to be level 100 to pvp. The one thing I disagree with is adding FIVE new ranks. I've been working on 14 to 15 and I'm still at least 4 months off it. I can't possibly imagine if they add rank 20 how difficult that would be to LEGITIMATELY get. It would be like 13 million lol. Other than that all these ideas are great, except I doubt anything will happen for pvp in Mordor expansion.

Cheers for the ideas
    Last edited by timbo5048; Feb 13 2017 at 06:06 AM.
    Arkenstone R14 Reaver R11 Defiler R11 Blackarrow R13 Warleader R8 Warg
    R15 Burglar
    Jk I don't pvp freep side
    ~Ayyyyyyyyy lmao

Delete PvP.
    Gladden | Altria
    Arkenstone| Dark Impulse |Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Delete PvP.
    Delete pve...Make pvmp open world in allot of different areas like it should be by the lore...MAke pvmp a must play feature in order to get best freep and send those pve lovers to single player rpg...Buzz off freep glory to the Sauron and the Great Eye.

Once upon a time, these suggestions were still not viable.

An ex-turbine employee on a forum I wont name here(it isn't hard to find) spilled some details about how likely a pvp update is and when the company could afford to do it. The last time they could genuinely put resources into a successful pvp update(osgilliath was a complete and utter failure.) Was just after RoR if I remember correctly. Warner Bros themselves commanded it, and still, nothing came of it.

pipe dream.

I only hope for something small because realistically nothing will happen. creeps could use a cc removal and effects (wound etc.) removal skill. right now reavers have resilience and wl have something? All freep classes have both, so it would help if creeps did as well.

Also creep mit system need to be worked at. Right now armor value contributes 100% to phys and tact mit (as opposed to 20% like freeps). This is a double edged sword, as it makes mit incredibly easy to buff up, but at the same time incredibly easy to debuff. this is why champs, lm etc. are reducing creeps mitigations to near 0. Change the armor rating contribution to the same as freeps' system, 20% contribution, instead then overall freeps dps should go down.

Quote Originally Posted by wretchesandkings View Post
    I only hope for something small because realistically nothing will happen. creeps could use a cc removal and effects (wound etc.) removal skill. right now reavers have resilience and wl have something? All freep classes have both, so it would help if creeps did as well.
    Brand, fury pot, class skills. In general, creeps currently have more cc removal and cc immunity options than freeps, and freeps are currently hindered by audacity cc duration problems. I personally would love to see the pvp game become less reliant on consumables (fear, wound, poison, disease, health, power, rejuvenate, root, stun) across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    Brand, fury pot, class skills. In general, creeps currently have more cc removal and cc immunity options than freeps, and freeps are currently hindered by audacity cc duration problems. I personally would love to see the pvp game become less reliant on consumables (fear, wound, poison, disease, health, power, rejuvenate, root, stun) across the board.
    what immunity? brands and pots are accessible on both sides, as for class skills, the only one i know of is reaver resilience and a wl skill. fury pot is a good point, if one can pick their fight, but in a long fight, it really doesn't contribute much, so i'd rather trade it for a cc removal skill. Audacity is a problem I agree, but freeps aren't exactly lacking in cc either.

While there are various changes that would make pvp a lot more fun (skill crit maginitude being a big thing that needs changes) the only thing I see legitimately even binring people in the game in general not only retaining the current playerbase would be fixing the lag issues.

yeah. it'd be great but after the new pvp map failed horribly, i kinda doubt anything pvp related is on the dev radar. i think we are limited to hoping for a semi-bug free release of mordor and more of the same old, same old. everything else is wishful thinking.
    Right now on Landroval there is a MASSIVE chicken run going on, just for fun. http://www.twitch.tv/lotro_abby Things like this are not uncommon...... welcome to the joke that is endgame

1. no one cares
    2. lol such bad suggestions