We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What have you done with your house?

Greetings!
    My husband has been decorating the house all day long...

Some results (kinhouse in Bree neighbourhood):

What have you done with your houses?

I have too much stuff that doesn't really fit into a homely home, so I moved them all to a small house, to keep all these gruesome things. Fiddling around with the new sliders, I finally set up something that is supposed to be a 'battle arena of the beasts'.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 120 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Auryline is offline The Crazy Cat Lady
    Protector of Elven Values
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    ... I finally set up something that is supposed to be a 'battle arena of the beasts'.
    Same here - almost

I have too much stuff that doesn't really fit into a homely home, so I moved them all to a small house, to keep all these gruesome things. Fiddling around with the new sliders, I finally set up something that is supposed to be a 'battle arena of the beasts'.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Where did you get that t-rex looking head item? ha
    your house is pretty nice, I'm glad they finally did something with housing.

Really like what folks are doing with their homes!

Polymachos - lower your animals so the base is hidden in the floor to add a bit more realism to your house overrun with critters! hehe I have a small house with a golden floor that I've done that with. Sadly, no stuffed dragons to guard it, but it is still fun!
    "Pink makes EVERYTHING better! Cept Orcs or gobbies. Nothin' can make them better!"
    Tearna Quickfoot, Hobbit minstrel on Landroval
    Lonely Mountain Band

@spikethe3rd: The 'T-Rex' is actually the head of a fell-beast, the flying mount of a Nazgul. You can barter it in North Ithilien, from the Herbalists, for a number of phiols.

@Shaeliana: This is easier said than done. Lowering the stuffed bears will not help against rugs that neither have a level surface (meaning the paws will get clipped off differently, depending on where they are standing) nor a diameter that would contain all of the base (meaning it will be visible at the edges, no matter what). No one who sees them will believe that this is an actual event.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Not moved much yet with new hooks but this my personal Kin house.

Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

My efforts

I've been having a lot of fun with these updates. First, the deluxe dwarf house (complete with bar):

Belfalas has been a bit tougher due to the wealth of space, but here's what I've come up with so far:

If anyone wants to visit in person, the addresses are (both on Crickhollow): 4 Roaring Road (Tonbry) and 3 Cape Road (Maedhol).
    Last edited by Finnwick; Feb 15 2017 at 12:02 AM.

Love this thread!

I adore what you have done with your main hall Misapprehension! What are the statues in display boxes?

Auryline - that cat room is hilarious!

Finnwick - So artistic! What is the furnace thing in the top right corner of your room? Are the bar stools the standard ones you can pick up in Bree?
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Mostly just have moved things around to not be in the middle of the room.

Main Room

(My very own hobbit sized palantir made from a Seer's Orb and a Glorious Beer-Mug Trophy)

Trophy Room

Bedroom
    ______________________________ _____________________________
    Gentoo [WRD] · Svenrysa [GRD] · Adilae [CHM] · Svenrisa [BRG] · Svengo [HNT]
    Easily Amused · Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Ranatuor_Erutron View Post
    Love this thread!

Finnwick - So artistic! What is the furnace thing in the top right corner of your room? Are the bar stools the standard ones you can pick up in Bree?
    Unfortunately, the furnace is not an item. It's the standard fireplace in the Dwarf Homestead. The barstools are standard and can be picked up in Bree or Belfalas, I believe. Wish they'd make some more Rohirric furniture so the stains would match. Not complaining because these new updates have been amazing. They just open up so many more possibilities that I want more to work with.

My cozy reading place.........

Time has passed. A lot of time.

A hunter tries to empty his inventory, and finds that even his home vault is full. Trying to make more space, he looks across the various pieces of furniture that might be moved to the home of another alt. This one is bound, that one too, that one either. Very few of the pieces are free to move, but there is one that did never fit into this place at all. So it is decided, it will be brought to the other home.

Only that there is an issue. The furniture piece requires a free special slot; which is already occupied, fortunately only by a large piece. The large piece will have of course to be moved to a different slot. Yet all large slots are already in use. Well, this rohirric bench doesn't make any sense in the vault chamber, so it'll have to go away. The large piece of furniture is now replacing it and gets moved... Dang, the distance to the former location (the fire pit) is too high. The most it can do, is to reach into the main room, a short distance beyond the wall. Alright, there is still a spot where it is even more visible than in the fire pit. So it is decided, Helchgam's Tentacle will from now on argue with Nornuan's head who is more proficient in spreading green clouds...

Now to the special slot. Without any idea where to push this special furniture at all, it gets inserted, and .. omg, is that hilarious, it is standing exactly in the midst of the fighting bears.

Now Minas Tirith is under severe attack.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Last edited by Polymachos; Jan 15 2019 at 05:56 AM.

Time has passed. A lot of time.

A hunter tries to empty his inventory, and finds that even his home vault is full. Trying to make more space, he looks across the various pieces of furniture that might be moved to the home of another alt. This one is bound, that one too, that one either. Very few of the pieces are free to move, but there is one that did never fit into this place at all. So it is decided, it will be brought to the other home. ...
    Have your home-owner alt set decorating privileges to your character the items are bound to. Then that character can move it's bound items to the alt's house.

[Being a pack-rat isn't an addiction - it's a life choice!!]

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

I didn't intend to place the bound furniture, only to make some free room. Did you ever try to put a bound object into a vault that does not belong the same account? It will not work. You can't even store those account bound items in a kin house. The rearrangement of the furniture was a mere side effect, with an unexpected outcome.

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Auryline View Post
    My dream house. This is Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenNiscadae View Post
    I love what you did with Candaith's statue xD
    Last edited by BlueGhostofSeaside; Apr 10 2019 at 09:26 AM.

Laurelin Server.
    MUH SILMARILS!

So here's my Belfalas House (kinda regret buying it with real money, but it's also kinds cool...)

Laurelin Server.
    MUH SILMARILS!

I finally got some of the Elves of Felegoth decorations. I haven't had the time to take screenshots of every room but here's how my study/library looks

I apologize for the giant screenshots of my houses. I took these directly from the D&Co LOTRO Housing discord server. The final one is also a house that's in progress.

Last edited by Nathrien_Estelenlaer; Apr 14 2019 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    I really like this one. Nice nature-y vibe