We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

AH Sales Bugged??

It started yesterday, items I put up for auction are being sold, but the mails are turning up with no gold attached; I had a couple yesterday, and nearly 50% of todays so far.

Reported it, but I dont know if it is widespread.

BTW, the FAQs in "Help" still tell you to contact Turbine.

OK, another FIVE auctions finished, no gold attached to any of the mails; and had nothing back from the bug report earlier but the automated reply.

How exactly do you contact someone in-game??

I had the same thing happen and thought it weird that there was no money attached. Then I realized it was a stat tome I sold yesterday, so I had already received the money. Perhaps this is the case in your instance, as well. I know when I sell a bunch of items on the AH, such as essences, I rarely even bother reading the mail. I just detach and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Curuer_Bauglir View Post
    I had the same thing happen and thought it weird that there was no money attached. Then I realized it was a stat tome I sold yesterday, so I had already received the money. Perhaps this is the case in your instance, as well. I know when I sell a bunch of items on the AH, such as essences, I rarely even bother reading the mail. I just detach and move on.
    No, this was a load of stuff posted yesterday, but sold today.

Bug report is bugged as well, cannot enter location, it keeps saying it is wrong, and this after it took forever to figure out what it meant in the first place!!

I have reported two different bugs today, and got a different form each time.

FYI Sally and Wall in Nen Harn (Breeland) are bugged, there is instant reset on their quests, so if you want to level up quickly......

22.3S 44.0W

This needs to be checked. I think what is happening is that the mail with the money is not getting auto-deleted after you detach the gold. I can't test it right now because all mine are expensive sales and I don't want to chance losing the money.

Definitely something is happening.

I got one of these AH mails yesterday without gold attached but I can't determine if I detached the gold and the mail was not deleted or simply I lost the money :S
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerien View Post
    Definitely something is happening.

I got one of these AH mails yesterday without gold attached but I can't determine if I detached the gold and the mail was not deleted or simply I lost the money :S
    That was my first thought when it happened yesterday, but ALL of the Auctions I have posted, that have finished today are missing the money.

There is some weird stuff happening with AH mails. I received some AH mails without gold attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Curuer_Bauglir View Post
    I also click through my AH mails quickly. I hope I already received the gold and the mails without gold were just weird extra copies.

It seems likely this issue was caused by the patch. Hopefully once all the auctions that existed prior to the patch clear everything will go back to normal. I think SSG should assign a person to review all AH mails generated from auctions that are, or were, posted before the servers were brought down.
    Last edited by Mercho; Feb 07 2017 at 02:31 PM.

I asked on Belegaer, a rather populated server, and a player noticed it and decided to check this mysterious case. He cleared the money from an alt, let this alt sell six items in the auction house, and bought these items with another alt. Then he checked the mail and the wallet of the selling alt, and found that only four out of the six mails contained the money from the sale, while two were empty; and there was no indication that the money would have been transferred automatically into the wallet by opening the mail.

In other words: the money from two mails had vanished.

He has already sent a ticket to complain about this issue. I hope SSG will address it more than promptly.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 120 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Yuck, I was hoping that no one lost any gold. Between the VIP horse not correctly showing up for everyone without a tiny hassle and now this (more urgent) AH issue, it sure seems like they dropped the ball a tad with this latest patch.

Just created six auctions for a single Rohirric Athelas at 1.5g each. Purchased them on my alt. All the money came through. This was on Landroval.

Maybe my sample size isn't big enough to trigger the behavior.

--H

P.S. I also tried to make a purchase without enough gold on the buying character. Didn't work.

I have the same problem, since the last update.
    Roughly 50% of all sales have no money in the attachment.
    The same is true for bid returns. Roughly 50% with no money
    This is a serious problem and needs to be fixed.

EDIT: This is quite obviously related to the changes that were made to prevent people from running into the gold cap of 9999 gold 999 silver ...
    A very undesirable side-effect, that you now loose money although you are still far far away from the cap.
    This is the worst update ever. Figure in the very likely unintentional guard "nerfs". This does not bode well at all
    Last edited by MasterOfNothing; Feb 07 2017 at 03:48 PM.

I didn't have this problem, but I noticed day before yesterday that when I clicked on AH mail, I got the gold, but then the message remained and had to be manually deleted. Things were back to normal for me today.

Also, day before yesterday, the loot all button on phials wasn't working and I had to click on everyone and get the bind message to put them in my bag. Don't have any idea if the two were related.

I wonder if the problem is only with sales prior to the update or posted on the AH before the update. I have an alt with two LI sales in the inbox unopened that were listed two days ago. One is a 2nd Age, one is a 1st Age. Maybe I will see what happens when I open the 2nd Age to get the winnings.

I am now 6 auctions for no money, plus one returned item - which was returned. Could this be related to the new gold cap being introduced?? Has someone got the decimal point in the wrong place??

Todays total (luckily for me) was all for fairly low value items, I am only out 9-10G, the ones from yesterday were probably another 5-10G (I failed to make a note). I am not posting on AH again, until it is sorted out.

I have another 16 auctions up in the next 36 hours, with another 20-25G involved. I am glad this didnt happen last week, I sold several 400G+ items in recent weeks.

The Money return is not bugged. The Bug is in the mail system. Once you open an auction mail and remove its contents, it should get deleted, but it does not - it only gets hidden and not deleted. If you relog then the mail will be there again without contents obviously.

The Money return is not bugged. The Bug is in the mail system. Once you open an auction mail and remove its contents, it should get deleted, but it does not - it only gets hidden and not deleted. If you relog then the mail will be there again without contents obviously.
    No it is not just that emptied mails do not get deleted. I had emptied my mailbox yesterday. Then I put up a bunch of items on the AH for sale and bid myself on a few. When I got back today I had a sold a bunch and had been outbid on a few items. About half of the mails contained money and half did not contain money. They were indeed flagged as if I had read them, but I had not and there was no gold in them.

I sent in a ticket and it was closed due to the fact it apperently is a known issue eventhough it has not been marked as such on the forums.

Possibly it has something to do with the new feature through which you cannot accidentally accept more money than you can carry

Ok, tested it and got some info:

- I posted 10 items and bought them with other account. All money received

- I logged into my character who sold a "Wisp of a Legendary Ithilien Essence" this morning (I detached the gold) and the mail showed again several hours later (empty of course) along with a new sale I did.

The most confusing part to me is: How were so many people having the emails disappear automatically prior? I've always had to delete the emails manually after detaching gold.

Only emails with AH winnings auto-deleted for me. Everything else I had to do manually. I've actually always wished they wouldn't so I could refer back to what something sold for when selling another.

update:

I went ahead and detached the winnings and everything worked as it always did before. The gold went into the wallet and the emails auto-deleted. I did take informative before and after screenshots just in case, but they ended up being unnecessary. This is probably a good thing to watch for though. I tend to detach winnings on autopilot and probably wouldn't notice if a smaller transaction failed.
    Last edited by Nzin; Feb 07 2017 at 06:55 PM.

I bid and sell on AH every day on multiple accounts, and keep track of sales so I have some data. I sell a few dozen items each day, and so far I have not lost any cash or items.

Normally, the first time you open a message from AH with sale proceeds of a sold item, the time stamp will show you the time it sold. If you close it (without removing the cash) and open it again, the time stamp shows when you opened it last. When you remove the cash, the message is deleted. The same time stamp behavior happens for returned bids and for items you purchased or were returned unsold at the end of the auction.

The bug I see is that messages that I read and removed the cash or item from, which caused them to be deleted, have come back into my mailbox. The records I keep prove that the cash or items had been received by me, and that the message is old. Additional evidence is that the time stamp on the messages that came back is the time I read them and removed the cash or items. Unlike normal messages, the time stamps on those messages do not change when I open and close them.

If you have an AH message that seems like it came without the cash or item, check the time stamp. If it is old, and if it is like mine, it will indicate the time you removed the cash or item and the original message was deleted, but the message has reappeared.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Truroar / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval www.shadowbanekinship.com michaleo.wordpress.com

Same problem here on 50% of my AH sales on Landroval, I submitted a ticket but no response back in approx 2 hours.

Very disappointing especially on several expensive items I sold.
    Sucamarto - Level 115 Archer (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by Laerien View Post
    Ok, tested it and got some info:

- I posted 10 items and bought them with other account. All money received
    The 10 empty mails appeared again.

I've gotten duplicate empty mails some time later after detaching the gold and deleting the mail of the initial transaction. I don't believe I've lost any gold.

I'm not sure if this is affecting everyone the same way, but I'll explain what I noticed recently when I logged into one of my alts.

I had a piece of mail from the AH. I clicked on the piece of mail and removed the gold. The piece of mail vanished as it usually does. I logged out of the character and back into the same character. I had no mail notification. I opened up my mail UI and saw the same piece of mail I had just dealt with. It had the green check next to it indicating that I had already looked at it. The piece of mail had no attachment. I deleted the piece of mail. Then I logged out and back into the same character. The piece of mail did not reappear.

It appears that the game is not accepting the fact that the piece of mail has been deleted and is resurrecting the piece of mail at some people between logging off the character and when you load back into that character.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast