We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Questions about Premium Housing Writs...

Saw these are out on the store itself, for 250 LP. These writes are able to purchase entire Premium Houses, are they not? Do they work only on Standard, or also Deluxe? Even if just the former, that's a substantial discount compared to their mithril purchase price.

I'd personally love some clarification on this matter, but at the moment I anticipate a flood of purchasers rushing to get premium houses and owners of existing ones displeased with the sudden without-notice drop.
    (I should probably change this to a real sig now, but I'm busy playing LotRO.)

I "sold" my deluxe premium house today and got 14 writs for it. My plan was to buy another house in the same neighbourhood as my kinhouse, but imagine my surprise when I saw the deluxe house price tag - 17 writs! I didn't check all the other deluxe houses however (they vary in price even if you buy with MC), it might be that the writ price somehow reflects the MC price, and I was interested in another address than the one I had before. But still, this was awfully annoying. I don't really feel like spending 750 LP just to get the same house back, but in another neighbourhood.

Ahhh, so it takes multiple writs per house. That clears it up.

Odd that the resale can't buy the very same house; I mean, I could at least understand it if you sold a lower-cost deluxe and tried buying a higher-cost one - especially since you can't hybrid purchase (Writs + MC). You sent in a ticket, to make absolutely sure it was intended this way?
    (I should probably change this to a real sig now, but I'm busy playing LotRO.)

How do you sell a house?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Darkwood View Post
    Ahhh, so it takes multiple writs per house. That clears it up.

Odd that the resale can't buy the very same house; I mean, I could at least understand it if you sold a lower-cost deluxe and tried buying a higher-cost one - especially since you can't hybrid purchase (Writs + MC). You sent in a ticket, to make absolutely sure it was intended this way?
    I didn't try to buy the very same house actually, I wanted another address. But I bought the more expensive deluxe house in the first place (around 440 MC), so I should be able to buy another one of the expensive sort with the writs I got from selling my old house. But that's just my opinion. Haven't had the time to properly check the other writ prices in the neighbourhood yet, I want to to that before sending in a ticket to make sure I'm not misunderstanding things.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    How do you sell a house?
    Character panel -> House

In the house panel overview you have a "Sell" button in the bottom left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasaralin View Post
    I didn't try to buy the very same house actually, I wanted another address. But I bought the more expensive deluxe house in the first place (around 440 MC), so I should be able to buy another one of the expensive sort with the writs I got from selling my old house. But that's just my opinion. Haven't had the time to properly check the other writ prices in the neighbourhood yet, I want to to that before sending in a ticket to make sure I'm not misunderstanding things.
    I can't find the link just now, but it was announced by a Blue name that the sale of a Premium house would *not* give back it's full purchase price in writs.
    I took a look at 3 houses I own, and this is what I found:
    1 Cliff - Purchase=6 writs, Sale=5 writs
    3 Cape - Purchase=10 writs, Sale=7 writs
    5 Cape - Purchase=20 writs, Sale=14 writs

Quote Originally Posted by WillOTheWisp View Post
    I can't find the link just now, but it was announced by a Blue name that the sale of a Premium house would *not* give back it's full purchase price in writs.
    I took a look at 3 houses I own, and this is what I found:
    1 Cliff - Purchase=6 writs, Sale=5 writs
    3 Cape - Purchase=10 writs, Sale=7 writs
    5 Cape - Purchase=20 writs, Sale=14 writs
    Ah, that explains things. Thanks for clearing that up!
    Ninimith and Ninlothiel
    115 High Elf Minstrel and Lowbie Elf Hunter
    Evernight

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...m_Housing_Writ

The details are on the wiki, but here's the short version: It's going to cost you to move in Belfalas. The cheapest way to get a Belf house is with mithril. Yet, when you abandon your house, you receive writs. You can't combine writs and mithril to purchase your next home. In order to make use of the writs you received for your previous house, you'll have to purchase far more in writs than you would have in mithril.

My opinion: Don't move unless you've got plenty of money / LP to burn.