We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    110

    Question Recent Email and "ultimatum"

    So I just got an email that says I should log in prior to March 13, or lose my VIP status. I have 2 lifetime subs and in the FAQ it says that there will be no changes to lifetime subs. Is this email a change in this policy?

    I do plan on logging in just in case, but it seems contradictory. Can anyone shed some light on this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    484
    Well I'm lifer also, but didn't receive this e-mail.
    Laurelin RP
    sTrolling in Lotro nearly 9 years
    Lumiere Aineias - Captain of Highest Quality
    Leader of Kinship: Orcs stole my lunch money

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Icehawke View Post
    So I just got an email that says I should log in prior to March 13, or lose my VIP status.
    Gosh... You might want to read again...

  4. #4
    I did receive that email on the only VIP (non LTA) account so far but did not get it on a LTA account.

    For me it sounds like a legal thing for non LTA VIP following the transition. Log in during that timespace mentioned to renew or do not log in and the VIP will not be renewed.

    They should add it to the FAQ since that email could easily end up in spam and get deleted unread.


    I like the Steed of the Eldar as mentioned in the email:
    http://www.lotro.com/en/vipgift
    Last edited by Derquin; Jan 28 2017 at 05:29 AM.

  5. #5
    All it means is that if you don't log in before that date people's VIP accounts won't automatically renew. It doesn't mean it gets cancelled.

    For some reason this went into spam for me (I'm a regular VIP, not LTA).

  6. #6
    I also have two lifetime accounts. No email on either. I even checked spam and it wasn't there. Not sure if they are sending out emails in waves or if they are missing folks. I actually haven't gotten an email other than forum updates in years.

  7. #7
    I got mine.

    What I get from this email is that the developers won't be automatically rewewing subscription payments for those who are not actually active in the game. That sounds like a service for the player base, not an encumbrance, but that's just my opinion.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,627
    Lifetime VIP folks are addressed in the FAQ. Nothing is changing for you. You will want to log in though to receive the gift by the deadline.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  9. #9
    First mail:

    "Thank you for being a VIP subscriber!

    We appreciate that you are a Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) VIP!

    LOTRO has moved to Standing Stone Games, a newly independent studio staffed by the same people who have been working on LOTRO and DDO for many years (more info on this here). Your game account remains unchanged and you do not need to reenter any of your account or payment information. However, to keep your VIP subscription active you will need log in to LOTRO before March 13, 2017.

    We also have a special gift for VIPs that log in before March 13, 2017. Click here to learn more about the Account-wide Steed of the Eldar bonus item, available to VIP players starting on February 6, 2017. Learn about the road to Mordor in the latest Producer's Letter!.

    Your VIP subscription is subject to Standing Stone Games' Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Please note that if you do not log into LOTRO by March 13, 2017, your subscription will no longer automatically renew after March 13. If you wish to cancel or review the details of your VIP subscription, visit the in-game store and select "Manage Subscriptions" -> "Details" from the dropdown menu in the upper right corner.

    We're grateful for your continued support, and we'll see you in game!

    - Standing Stone Games"

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Second mail after I logged in and accepted the message in the log-in screen:

    "Thank you for being a VIP subscriber!

    Your recurring xxxxxxx subscription has been successfully transferred to Standing Stone Games, LLC.
    Order Details:
    xx month LOTRO VIP Subscription
    Next charge of xxxxxxxx occurs on xx/xx/xxxx
    Order Total: xxxxxxx
    *(plus applicable taxes)

    You will automatically be charged the above amount on xx/xx/xxxx for the number of months purchased until you cancel. You can cancel by logging in to the in-game Store and selecting 'Manage Subscriptions' -> 'Details' from the dropdown in the upper right corner, then 'cancel'; if you do that, your VIP Subscription will be cancelled at the end of your then-current subscription period, but nothing will be refunded to you.

    We're grateful for your continued support!

    - Standing Stone Games

    This is an automated email so there is no need to reply.
    Standing Stone Games LLC 117 Kendrick Street Suite 350 Needham, MA, 02494, US


    Link to the VIP Bonus horse and terms how to get it: https://www.lotro.com/en/vipgift

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    14,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    They should add it to the FAQ since that email could easily end up in spam and get deleted unread.
    Good point. My husband the programmer points out that it's a good idea to look at the junk email section from time to time and see if there's anything that got in there by mistake. I just took a look at mine, which contained a whole 13 items and nothing from Turbine > SSG. And every single thing in it was something I deliberately put there.
    Maybe I don't *have* a spam filter.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Good point. My husband the programmer points out that it's a good idea to look at the junk email section from time to time and see if there's anything that got in there by mistake. I just took a look at mine, which contained a whole 13 items and nothing from Turbine > SSG. And every single thing in it was something I deliberately put there.
    Maybe I don't *have* a spam filter.
    Nothing wrong on our ends with the email. It is them and has been for years. I detailed all the issues and steps taken so that I could receive emails and sent it all to Sapience back in 2013 and it went unread. So.. @Cordovan, perhaps one day the email database or whatever can be looked at and those of us who don't receive emails might one day get one....because there are many of us over the years to experience this issue. At this point it's really just the principle of the matter.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Starberry View Post
    Nothing wrong on our ends with the email. It is them and has been for years. I detailed all the issues and steps taken so that I could receive emails and sent it all to Sapience back in 2013 and it went unread. So.. @Cordovan, perhaps one day the email database or whatever can be looked at and those of us who don't receive emails might one day get one....because there are many of us over the years to experience this issue. At this point it's really just the principle of the matter.
    I never got a email either.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mostly Middle Earth
    Posts
    888
    Got the pop-up when I loogged in this morning, and just checked, I got both pre and post emails.

    Happy to support SSG with my sub, and the horse is a great gesture, looking forward to it.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Lifetime VIP folks are addressed in the FAQ. Nothing is changing for you. You will want to log in though to receive the gift by the deadline.
    LTS here, no mail. Will I be able to claim my reward despite that ?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguest View Post
    LTS here, no mail. Will I be able to claim my reward despite that ?
    You have to log into your account on one character within the time frame given to get your mount which will then be available to all & future characters. Getting the email has nothing to do with claiming the mount.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,065
    Not a VIP, but a "normal" Premium user, I dont get the updates and store offers on the email account I registered with, but my 4 y/o daughters F2P account DOES (both gmail accounts I run).

    Sort of reminded me of the time my son entered a BBC Blue Peter competition for under 12's; and got bombarded with offers for credit cards and test drives of new sports cars.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    You have to log into your account on one character within the time frame given to get your mount which will then be available to all & future characters. Getting the email has nothing to do with claiming the mount.
    Correct. We're in the process of sending out all of the emails, but if you haven't received yours it may be worth checking Clutter/Spam/whatever your email provider has and/or making sure we have your currently-active email address on file. That said, logging in as a VIP or Lifetimer is the key, not receiving the email.

    From the FAQ:

    If I’m a Lifetime VIP, do I still get the gift?

    Yes. We value all our VIPs, including our Lifetimers. All Lifetime VIPs will also receive the gift, but you must log into your character between Feb 6th and March 13th to receive it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Correct. We're in the process of sending out all of the emails, but if you haven't received yours it may be worth checking Clutter/Spam/whatever your email provider has and/or making sure we have your currently-active email address on file. That said, logging in as a VIP or Lifetimer is the key, not receiving the email.

    From the FAQ:

    If I’m a Lifetime VIP, do I still get the gift?

    Yes. We value all our VIPs, including our Lifetimers. All Lifetime VIPs will also receive the gift, but you must log into your character between Feb 6th and March 13th to receive it.
    Junk mail are not auto-deleted for me, they are tagged as such though, so I can clean them quickly. And I used to have LOTRO's mail. At least before the SSG transition.

    Anyway thanks for the gift It's like a Hobbit birthday, we are the one receiving the gifts, while it's LOTRO anniversary. Not complaining though.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    19,871
    I'm lifetime and saw nothing like this in my email.

    Never mind what I wrote. Serves me for not reading the whole thread.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Correct. We're in the process of sending out all of the emails, but if you haven't received yours it may be worth checking Clutter/Spam/whatever your email provider has and/or making sure we have your currently-active email address on file. That said, logging in as a VIP or Lifetimer is the key, not receiving the email.

    From the FAQ:

    If I’m a Lifetime VIP, do I still get the gift?

    Yes. We value all our VIPs, including our Lifetimers. All Lifetime VIPs will also receive the gift, but you must log into your character between Feb 6th and March 13th to receive it.
    While, I understand getting the email has no bearing on receiving the gift, it is promotions like this that bring up the fact that we do not get emails. They do not go to junk/spam/whatever, my email has been current for years and yet I don't receive them.

    I am appreciative of the cool horsey gift we are getting for sure. But still so annoying that the email system is so bugged.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Correct. We're in the process of sending out all of the emails, but if you haven't received yours it may be worth checking Clutter/Spam/whatever your email provider has and/or making sure we have your currently-active email address on file. That said, logging in as a VIP or Lifetimer is the key, not receiving the email.

    From the FAQ:

    If I’m a Lifetime VIP, do I still get the gift?

    Yes. We value all our VIPs, including our Lifetimers. All Lifetime VIPs will also receive the gift, but you must log into your character between Feb 6th and March 13th to receive it.
    I had missed this news but checked the FAQ webpage just now. There are both March 13th and March 15th dates mentioned on that page. If I counted right, March 13th was mentioned 6 times, and March 15th was mentioned 3 times. I think it would be nice to correct the dates soon, thinking what kind of confusion Yule festival end dates caused...

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Starberry View Post
    While, I understand getting the email has no bearing on receiving the gift, it is promotions like this that bring up the fact that we do not get emails. They do not go to junk/spam/whatever, my email has been current for years and yet I don't receive them.

    I am appreciative of the cool horsey gift we are getting for sure. But still so annoying that the email system is so bugged.
    Your ISP may also have a filter, I'm with Comcast and I know they do. I have no idea what rules they use, but i learned from a friend of mine who set up his own business that certain servers (say with GoDaddy or any other server farm) may get tagged as originating high volume mail and get filtered before they even reach you as possible spam - ultimately my friend had to request a move to a different server to get away from the that tag / filter.

    Obviously there are more rules than just an IP, else we'd never get an email from Amazon, but if Cordovan could let us know what the sending address is, such as mail.lotro.com, then one could add it to the address book and see if mails are allowed through.

    FWIW I don't receive emails either, but I do get store purchase confirmations.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,065
    MY ISP doesnt do this, but I know some of the big ISPs use stupid "word list" filters; they dont just block the emails, they dont let the sender know they have failed to reach their destination.

    For example, a friend doing charity work will regularly send out emails titled "Please Help", to people across the world, via her BT email account; copies sent to UK recipients arrive safely, but any going overseas vanish, no matter which country they are destined for; so it would suggest BT have a "word list" filter on their international email servers.

    Back to my case, both the email accounts used are gmail, my daughters gets the emails, mine doesnt; I have checked my spam filters and gmails own, nothing; however when I got a warning for sarcastically mod'ing a post, THAT email arrived.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    I had missed this news but checked the FAQ webpage just now. There are both March 13th and March 15th dates mentioned on that page. If I counted right, March 13th was mentioned 6 times, and March 15th was mentioned 3 times. I think it would be nice to correct the dates soon, thinking what kind of confusion Yule festival end dates caused...
    Cordovan, calendars seem to be a problem for you.

    Is there any chance that some of the calendars you work with have a "Sunday start week" format while others have a 'Monday start week" format?

    That could explain why you get days of the week wrong in some communications, if you think you're looking at one format-type of calendar when you're really looking at the other. That's a easy mistake to make.

    Of course that wouldn't explain a two-day mismatch, maybe you need new glasses or something.

    A New Year's resolution to check your days/dates in announcements, double-check, and then check once more for luck would be welcome by many here I'm sure.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,095
    Hey just want to say thanks to the team. The steed is a benefit that should happen at least 1 time a year for vip's (suggested it long ago) some nice vip perks are happening as well like the 100% weekends. It is starting to add some value to the vip package. Yes more perks could be added but this isnt a siggestion thread so again I want to say as a Steed Junkie, thanks for (if that is a picture of it in the FAQ) a beautiful steed

    Now if only you could make war steed colors account bound and cheaper than I would be sooper excited
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload