We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Error/Where is the game client executable ?

i'm really tired of this,this is my 4.or 5.downloanded &still i cant pass that screen,i looked many topics but dont get understand anything
    please if you have exactly solution about this error,help me for fixing (-_-)

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    We have seen issues with the Steam Installer not installing DirectX 9c.

Please check by using the Windows key in combination with "R" (Windows + R) and type "dxdiag" in the run field you should see there. If you only see references to DX10, DX11 or DX12, then you need to download and install the DX9 runtime. This is not a downgrade of your system, only a Lotro compatibility installation.

I would link to Microsoft, but we have found that this link is easier and faster: http://filehippo.com/download_directx/

If that is not the case, please elaborate with more details.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 97 HNT, Tinker

i did it but still want game client executable & dxdiag is still not show other versions just i see directx 11 on that screen

Quote Originally Posted by JaBuAltair View Post
    i did it but still want game client executable & dxdiag is still not show other versions just i see directx 11 on that screen
    There's an old thread about this here - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...xecutable-quot suggesting it could be a read/write permission problem on one (or more) of the game folders.

There's also this on the support pages - http://support.turbine.com/link/port...ent-executable

Got these from Google. There are more.

It wont show DX9 if you are lacking it. Thus you need to install it.
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman

My executable is found at ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Lord\ of\ the\ Rings\ Online/LotroLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/LotroLauncher. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    We have seen issues with the Steam Installer not installing DirectX 9c.

Please check by using the Windows key in combination with "R" (Windows + R) and type "dxdiag" in the run field you should see there. If you only see references to DX10, DX11 or DX12, then you need to download and install the DX9 runtime. This is not a downgrade of your system, only a Lotro compatibility installation.

I would link to Microsoft, but we have found that this link is easier and faster: http://filehippo.com/download_directx/

If that is not the case, please elaborate with more details.
    I have the same issue as the op. I've followed the advice to download DirectX 9C, using the filehippo download but it hasn't made any difference.
    Is there anything else I can try?

I've been living without the game for over a year now as I had a screen of death problem trying to log in.
    When I downloaded all the latest patches today, the screen of death had gone and I was so hopeful! But my hope was shortlived

So many possibilities I fear...

If you care to share more info as to if steam or not, operating system, graphic card... all that, maybe we can get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    So many possibilities I fear...

If you care to share more info as to if steam or not, operating system, graphic card... all that, maybe we can get a clue.
    Hiya again and apologies for disappearing again.

However, good news. My daughter took a look at it and by the simple step of using Steam to re-download the exe file (I don't have Steam myself) my problem is resolved

Quote Originally Posted by MegtheBeloved View Post
    Hiya again and apologies for disappearing again.

However, good news. My daughter took a look at it and by the simple step of using Steam to re-download the exe file (I don't have Steam myself) my problem is resolved
    So it sounds like the file was corrupted, a number of AV programs are suspects for causing this, with F-Secure being the worst known culprit.