We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Guardian or champion PVMP

Hello everyone!

I'm leveling up my first char (guardian) and being interested in trying pvp in lotro I was wondering if guardians are good for going solo and for spars (I prefer roaming solo and dueling rather than zerging when it comes to pvp, that's what I do in TESO and AoC), or if I would be better off leveling up a champion?

Thanks a lot for the replies!

PS: I'm sorry if my english isn't very good.

well I don't play either but guards are obviously very good tanks but in pvmp while dps traited they have gotten a pretty bad nerf in the damage department but they use to be very good right when HD released with trait trees. I've heard devs say they are working on it but they are kind of slow due to a small team so they prioritize certain things. Champions are better for dps and can hold their own when it comes to survivability.
    Last edited by Armdyl; Jan 03 2017 at 11:22 PM.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Arkenstone ~ R9 RiseAgainst Reaver ~ R9 PowerWolf Warleader ~ R11 Armdyl LoreMaster

Guardian's are currently not in a good spot for decent pvp due to their nerf, the DPS just lacks so much compared to other classes. Champions are in a great position at the moment though.
    Do or do not, there is no try. ~Yoda

Guards are currently the worst class in the moors since the nerf. Don't waste your time with a guard. Roll a champ or warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafh View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm leveling up my first char (guardian) and being interested in trying pvp in lotro I was wondering if guardians are good for going solo and for spars (I prefer roaming solo and dueling rather than zerging when it comes to pvp, that's what I do in TESO and AoC), or if I would be better off leveling up a champion?

Thanks a lot for the replies!

PS: I'm sorry if my english isn't very good.
    Your english is quite good if you're not a native english speaker.

To answer your question, Champ. Guard right now is iffy in 2/3 of it's trait lines. Blue is the only decent line, and it's not viable in the moors at all.

To play it safe, I would roll a champ because they have always been in a relatively good spot for the 7 years that I've been playing. The Guard might be flavor of the month if they ever do a rework, but the Champ will never stop being good.