We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sam starter pack?

Sam starter pack is not listed anywhere in the LOTRO store. I was able to find it via google:
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...ctID.258048600

However, its not on sale...

Nope it won't work. It is removed.

I wish they would bring back the Samwise Gamgee Starter Pack. I have alts. I use in my band. It would be handy to have the gold cap removed and a pony to ride!

Bought mine 9 months ago, worked fine. https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-On...00EUHVOW2?th=1

Just purchased one in the EU

Just purchased one in the EU from a third party seller called uk.mmoga.net at a cost of UKP 6.19

The resulting code worked when entered into the LOTRO client store and my alt's were granted the Riding Skill and their Currency Cap was removed. I also then rolled a new alt, which was awarded the Riding Skill as it leveled up. As I have had a subscription in the past I can not comment on what other aspects of the pack still work.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Relic View Post
    Just purchased one in the EU from a third party seller called uk.mmoga.net at a cost of UKP 6.19

The resulting code worked when entered into the LOTRO client store and my alt's were granted the Riding Skill and their Currency Cap was removed. I also then rolled a new alt, which was awarded the Riding Skill as it leveled up. As I have had a subscription in the past I can not comment on what other aspects of the pack still work.
    Only other thing it adds is the 4th inventory bag. If you already have 4 or more bags, you won't get it obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Korandon View Post
    Only other thing it adds is the 4th inventory bag. If you already have 4 or more bags, you won't get it obviously.
    The "fourth bag" is what is buggy. I don't think you even get it if you were originally f2p. I'd love to see a new "Sam's Pack" with the new slots, but it seems like you buy them specifically (and the store sells you specifically what you need). It might not be possible to easily sell a new one.

Not sure why Turbine wouldn't want to sell them now if they can (and fix the fourth bag to two 15 slot purchases). I'd still expect buyers to want to subscribe (for at least a month or three), but they would also get the Sam money. I haven't heard of players complaining about buying Sam's pack (especially before the bugs).
    In a hole there lived a wumpus...

They don't even have to fix the fourth bag, just remove it from the description of what you get when buying the Samwise starter pack and add a note that you will get it if you haven't bought it already People will buy it anyway for the rest of the stuff you get
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb