We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Changes to Ithilien-infused Essences and the North Ithilien Endgame

Hey everyone! First, thank you for all your feedback on 19.2. We’ll be making some adjustments:

North Ithilien
    The quest “Assisting the Herbalists: North Ithilien”, will now reward a "Pouch of Ithilien Essence Fragments", the same item available by completing the Yule Festival dailies.
    The North Ithilien repeatable quests introduced in 19.2 will award a Forager’s basket.

Ithilien-infused Essences
    The chance for an incomparable Ithilien-infused Essence to roll a Legendary instead is 10%. We will be increasing this value.
    We will add an option where a Legendary Ithilien-infused Essence is guaranteed.

These changes are planned to be available in our next patch.
    "FriendlyHat"

This is good to hear, thank you for listening to feedback!

Now if only phials were made account bound, I could get a full set of jewellery + a few swap pieces for my hunter with those I have spare after getting my rk and champ the new rings.

EDIT: Actually I have enough spare to get both my hunter and warden a full set of jewellery including gold rings for both...
    Last edited by Rakanor; Dec 22 2016 at 03:17 PM.
    Rakanor R12 Reaver - Trin R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyHat View Post
    Hey everyone! First, thank you for all your feedback on 19.2. We’ll be making some adjustments:

North Ithilien
    The quest “Assisting the Herbalists: North Ithilien”, will now reward a "Pouch of Ithilien Essence Fragments", the same item available by completing the Yule Festival dailies.
    The North Ithilien repeatable quests introduced in 19.2 will award a Forager’s basket.

The chance for an incomparable Ithilien-infused Essence to roll a Legendary instead is 10%. We will be increasing this value.

Thanks for the response. Any idea of when this patch may be coming?
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Wow, the chance for a gold essence was only 10%? Can't imagine how anyone thought that was a good idea in the first place! For all the grind, I thought it would be at least 50/50 to get something better than regular 105 Supremes.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

North Ithilien

A huge thank you for considering and responding to feedback on this. These sound like *very* welcome changes.

North Ithilien

Presuming that your next patch will come sometime after Christmas and will more probably be in January - the Yule festival will be over. Will you also be adjusting the drop rates of rare crafting ingredients? Some may have done the 50 quests per item at Yule, many will not have, and with all the will in the world, changing the crit chances of exchanging Wild essences is pretty useless if people cannot get the crafting ingredients to make wild essences in the first place. Someone in the general forum said there are "tons of them" in the raid, however, they are very scarce indeed - everywhere else.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Thank You for taking onboard player feedback - I was 5 in 36 for getting Ithilien-Tempered (Gold) essences.
    This was rough, but others I know have been even more unfortunate.

Please can you confirm if there are any plans for players to re-use ithilien-Infused (Teal) Essences?
    At the very least being able to convert these back into ithilien essences for re-crafting, or even better having the option to be able to upgrade to gold?
    Last edited by Xvaliant; Dec 23 2016 at 12:00 AM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Presuming that your next patch will come sometime after Christmas and will more probably be in January - the Yule festival will be over. Will you also be adjusting the drop rates of rare crafting ingredients? Some may have done the 50 quests per item at Yule, many will not have, and with all the will in the world, changing the crit chances of exchanging Wild essences is pretty useless if people cannot get the crafting ingredients to make wild essences in the first place. Someone in the general forum said there are "tons of them" in the raid, however, they are very scarce indeed - everywhere else.
    I have seen plenty in FIs and the Raid, also being sold for around 150 gold on world chat. The chance in the Foragers Baskets seems down near 2% which is rather mean spirited. Converting 1000 flowers into baskets and getting 1 Crafting Item is a waste of everyones time.
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Don't forget to revamp PvMP and make extracts account bound and or maybe tradable
    Hasy/Warden Hasmund/Hunter @Arkenstone

Thank you for the response and listening to our feedback. Is there any way we can get this update before Christmas?

Why don't you add the flowers to the entire map? Might give explorers some variety when riding around.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Why don't you add the flowers to the entire map? Might give explorers some variety when riding around.
    This 100% that way you can also gather on alts as you are deeding, questing on lowbies ect.

It would make sense considering that low level alts can festival and get the fragments already even though they are too low level to actually use/barter them.

Ps. Good to see you back.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    Thanks for the response. Any idea of when this patch may be coming?
    It won't be until after the new year.

Red face Retro-activity Possibility?

I would like to know how you plan on implementing this change? I have opened 35 new essences (and only got 1 gold, but that's not the point) so far , and will now stop until the next patch. However, many players do not read the forums as readily, and many will continue to open essences between now and the patch. So for myself, and many others, who have already opened many, many essences, this change is disappointing.

Is there some way that you can please allow for the early adopters to benefit from the increased Gold chance as well as the 100% Gold chance? As a previous poster suggested, can we re-use the Teal essences that we have already created? Or trade them in? Or something?

I'm not sure exactly how you are going to implement these changes, so I don't have a great suggestion to make this change "retro-active," but please consider some options.

Do the right thing! You are independent now! No more big corporate machine breathing down your necks....

Thanks,
    Radian
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Is there some way that you can please allow for the early adopters to benefit from the increased Gold chance as well as the 100% Gold chance? As a previous poster suggested, can we re-use the Teal essences that we have already created? Or trade them in? Or something?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakanor View Post
    This is good to hear, thank you for listening to feedback!

Now if only phials were made account bound, I could get a full set of jewellery + a few swap pieces for my hunter with those I have spare after getting my rk and champ the new rings.

EDIT: Actually I have enough spare to get both my hunter and warden a full set of jewellery including gold rings for both...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karkizz View Post
    Don't forget to revamp PvMP and make extracts account bound and or maybe tradable
    ^these

Making extracts and other barter pieces account wide would definitely be a step in the right direction towards reducing the grind for people with multiple toons.
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Has a repeatable been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    I have seen plenty in FIs and the Raid, also being sold for around 150 gold on world chat. The chance in the Foragers Baskets seems down near 2% which is rather mean spirited. Converting 1000 flowers into baskets and getting 1 Crafting Item is a waste of everyones time.
    Thanks for that info, hadn't heard anything about the rates in FI's, and haven't run any since the update (sorting a proper Crimbo is taking all the time). Yeah the basket rate is really a joke, not that it will affect me, as I don't intend picking flowers for these things.

I don't understand why 19.2 didnt stay in testing longer...essence system being changed, pvmp changes being changed again, throne loot was broken and fixed today but now one of the herbalist repeatables is broke. Why not keep it in testing longer until all changes based on feedback are ironed out?
    Bace- R14 Suicidal Minstrel and Kamikaze Karaoke King, Firefoot

Quote Originally Posted by Baritone View Post
    I don't understand why 19.2 didnt stay in testing longer...essence system being changed, pvmp changes being changed again, throne loot was broken and fixed today but now one of the herbalist repeatables is broke. Why not keep it in testing longer until all changes based on feedback are ironed out?
    Which one is broken please? I did these this morning before the hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Which one is broken please? I did these this morning before the hotfix.
    The one you get from the girl by stables, that gives the essence reclamation shards, cant remember name
    Bace- R14 Suicidal Minstrel and Kamikaze Karaoke King, Firefoot

Thank you for this change- seriously. This makes actual sense now.
    \\ Rawlor \\ Unpossible \\ Durglar \\
    ...::: Casual Raiders - Brandywine :::...

"the four most beautiful words in our common language: i told you so"

Appreciated, yet was it really neccessary to release it in such a horrid state, is the question...

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    This 100% that way you can also gather on alts as you are deeding, questing on lowbies ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    It would make sense considering that low level alts can festival and get the fragments already even though they are too low level to actually use/barter them.
    As you are talking about low level alts, I assume by "entire map" you mean other areas than just Ithilien too? The whole basis for the flowers to exist in the first place was the lore concerning North Ithilien, the ancient gardens and its unique flora. Extending the flower picking outside of (North) Ithilien won't come into question, is my guess.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast