We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Those are shard droppers and they still exist throughout Middle Earth. The difference between those and the Roving threats is the shard droppers are the same level as their environment and they are usually Elites or Signatures, that can be soloed. For example, a shard dropper in Evendim would be the level of Evendim mobs and the player questing Evendim. Roving threats are all level 100 group content and for most part they are strategically placed in areas where low level questers have to pass them by, but not so close that they come into agro range. This one particular spawn point in Annuminas however, is standing right on top of a level 45 quest objective. They exist to take high level players back into the low level areas, where they have to seek out the Roving threat and eliminate it. It could be anywhere in Evendim to fulfill that objective, without causing level 45 players to abandon a quest.
    Okay, I can add one datum for a partial answer here. In search of an answer to another question altogether, I took my level 105 LM (and her level 108 Lynx) out to Nan Tornaeth. Walking from Ost Ciliant to Ost Brandras, through territory that during the day has no Wights in it, I caught sight of a single Wight, an RT whose name I've already forgotten, but he was level 37 and had 16K Morale. He would have been very difficult for players at level 37 or thereabouts to defeat, and since he was walking up and down the only path to Ost Brandras, he would've made it well-nigh impossible to get at Gurdring and finish the quest.

So that's one.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Okay, I can add one datum for a partial answer here. In search of an answer to another question altogether, I took my level 105 LM (and her level 108 Lynx) out to Nan Tornaeth. Walking from Ost Ciliant to Ost Brandras, through territory that during the day has no Wights in it, I caught sight of a single Wight, an RT whose name I've already forgotten, but he was level 37 and had 16K Morale. He would have been very difficult for players at level 37 or thereabouts to defeat, and since he was walking up and down the only path to Ost Brandras, he would've made it well-nigh impossible to get at Gurdring and finish the quest.

So that's one.
    I think that's a regular shard dropper, not an RT. RTs are all level 100+ I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post

So that's one.
    He's a shard dropper, and he will be soloable, with some work. The difference between this one and an RT (which would be level 100) is that an on level player can at the very least hit it and cause damage. Sure, some shard droppers are harder than others and may take a lot of kiting or even a small group of on level players to take it down (Riptalon in Moria is probably the hardest) but when the RT is in a lower level area, the on level player cannot even hit it. Everything will deflect. It then moves out of the realm of normal solo, or group on level play, to having to be carried by high level players that need to come along and remove the RT for the lower level players questing the area.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    He's a shard dropper, and he will be soloable, with some work. The difference between this one and an RT (which would be level 100) is that an on level player can at the very least hit it and cause damage. Sure, some shard droppers are harder than others and may take a lot of kiting or even a small group of on level players to take it down (Riptalon in Moria is probably the hardest) but when the RT is in a lower level area, the on level player cannot even hit it. Everything will deflect. It then moves out of the realm of normal solo, or group on level play, to having to be carried by high level players that need to come along and remove the RT for the lower level players questing the area.
    Okay, I yield to your superior knowledge of RTs. He had a panchromatic crown over his head. And yes, he dropped an Adamant Shard.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

I call RTs "Newb Killers". They keep me on my toes and have woke me up more than once forcing a sprint, evac or even death more than once. I actually find them more deadly in open areas where I am just slaughterfesting and suddenly realize the Mob I just ran up on and stuck with the pointy end is what it is.
    Ooops...

I had problems with this spawn a few weeks ago.

I have several 105s, I have done my fair share of RTs, and I'm well aware of their low aggro range.
    I've also quested through Annuminas on-level a few times and know the area well. The sig area is reasonably challenging, and you have a choice of managing Orchalwe (or he'll aggro way too much and get you killed) or not having his dps, which is handy on the sigs.

50 Mini: the RT was there. I tried several times both with and without Orchalwe, hiding behind things, trying to clear groups so I could run in and get the monument while the RT was at the other end of his short patrol. It looked possible but I just couldn't do it, the RT got me each time.
    (I ended up getting some kinnies to grab his attention so I could nip in.)

tl;dr: the spawn point needs moving; it's in the way of legitimate questers.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2