We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Healing

Healing

Hi, I'm new to healing on mini.

I've only tried to heal DoS and my hps on the tank on the last boss was like 3k hps which seems pretty low.

The only advice I get is spam Bolster, cut it with SoS and keep anthems up.

I literally never healed besides that time, so I'm not even sure how to keep all my stuff up.

So if I could get some advices would be awesome, when to pop what skill, and what should follow what, and which skills to use for diferent oh s***t moments.

Thanks in advance.

Also get your Tactical Mastery up along with your Outgoing Healing rating. Anything else I'll bow to the more experienced Minis.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 100 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Also get your Tactical Mastery up along with your Outgoing Healing rating. Anything else I'll bow to the more experienced Minis.
    Avoid this advice^

First thing stack morale, second thing learn to use anthem of war followed with anthem of third age for -induction healing. Then keep spamming bolster and you will be fine. You will learn eventually.

Do you have a max level legendary book? I had a minstrel in SS who was healing really low because he was using level 95 book.

Quote Originally Posted by Despotis View Post
    Do you have a max level legendary book? I had a minstrel in SS who was healing really low because he was using level 95 book.
    Ya I'm fully geared.

I'm just looking for some advices and cool tricks for improving my heals :P

Quote Originally Posted by GaboP View Post
    Ya I'm fully geared.

I'm just looking for some advices and cool tricks for improving my heals :P
    Hm, there are a few tricks of the trade.

Most basic one would be making sure you cut the animation of bolster courage with Soliloquy of Spirit. Basically just wait until the bar is ~90% filled for Bolster Courage and then hit SoS, both heals should go off. (Varies depending on latency, if you have low latency you kinda want to let the bar fill more).

Next trick is double tapping chord. If you double tap the button chord of salvation is bound to it will allow you to use either Perfect Ending or Raise the Spirit to cut the animation of chord, essentially 2 heals for the price of one although I do recommend cutting perfect ending with SoS as well since that skill has a seriously long animation.

Make sure to trait the reset on cries and calls on healing skills from blue line, this will allow you to reset Cry of the Chorus every 15 seconds or so and give a pretty hefty buff to outgoing healing.

At the end of the day; bolster courage spamming is 99% of minstrel, there are a few additional little tricks like the ones I listed but Bolster spam will carry you through anything, even if you are just pressing bolster and only bolster.
    ~ The devs don't want to balance classes, what chance did I have ~

If you've the four-piece Featured Instance set you can also keep up Inspire Fellows buffs - stacks up to -12% incoming damage for peeps, which is nice and makes your job easier.

Same as others have said on cutting animations. Something like Bolster -> cut with Chord of Salvation -> cut with SoS... you'll get three heals off in around a second.

Be sure to always have Cry of the Chorus up (or 3 major ballads if for whatever reason you can't use the cry) for a nice outgoing healing boost as well as the anthem (anthem of war first though for your fellows!).

To my best knowledge, the 2-piece epic battle jewelry bonus is also still viable for healing (+10% outgoing healing), too, if your mastery is on the lower side. Like siipperi said, mastery isn't super important for healing - you can do just fine with ~37-40k mastery, and having somewhere in the neighborhood of 40k morale (plus mits & crit def) will help you basically never have to worry about your own morale or getting oneshotted by something annoying.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide