We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Angry Market Payment Authorization Failed

    i've been trying to purchase Helm's Deep, and Riders of Rohan in the LOTRO Market while they are still on sale, and i keep getting "Payment Authorization Failed"

    i've double, and triple checked my card info to be sure it's correct, and i've even tried using my PayPal account which pulls off the same bank account. Nothing i have tried works. Every time i try to make the purchase, i get the same message. i even went so far as to call my bank to make sure they were not blocking the purchase, and they don't even see the attempts.

    Another oddity is that when i get to the screen asking for my payment info, it's also asking me to enter new user information even though i'm actually logged into the site.

    Has anybody had this happen to them? And, if so, what did you do to resolve it?

  2. #2
    The same has happened to me about an hour ago. On 3 different LOTRO accounts I received (Payment could not be processed at this time).

    Tried 2 different cards and even PayPal. Got a few emails from PayPal indicating SEVERAL REFUNDS were sent back TO PayPal.

    Logged into PayPal and there I saw several separate refunds on attempts to purchase Turbine points on some of my accounts. sigh

    I've been around quite a few years, but a purchase system that rejects my offers of money is one I don't encounter elsewhere in my Internet purchases.
    I've even made multiple purchases on numerous websites within minutes apart from each other and everyone seems to love to accept money.

    However, now that customer service is only by email - I just don't have the numerous gold essences slotted for Will & Fate to battle through that time sink.

    On the brighter side, its much more of a ding to the bottom line of this Company than to mine.

  3. #3
    I just got an email that my order for Rohan and Helms is being cancelled for lack of payment for 3 days. Except the order went through 3 days ago, I already entered my codes and confirmed I have access to new content. And my bank shows the payment was made 2 days ago.

    Edit: I can't strike the above out, but I think I figured it out. I think the store thinks there was an extra order that wasn't completed, hence no payment, hence the cancellation. I figured it out (hopefully) because the order number didn't match the two successful orders I placed.

    Sorry for piggy-backing on this thread, I thought it was related (website issues around Black Friday maybe).
    Last edited by MykkDalys; Nov 30 2016 at 07:39 PM.

  4. #4

    Payment Authorization Failed on Mordor Purchase!

    Did any of you ever find a solution to this?? I've got a lifetime subscription so I haven't had to try and make any purchases with Turbine/Standing Stones/WB/or anything else for a lot of years, so when I tried to purchase the uber-version of Mordor I was totally flummoxed! I've tried everything I can think of to make it work, I absolutely know the credit card is good but nothing seems to help. When I emailed customer service here's their response:

    "Dear A___ P______,
    Thank you for your interest in Standing Stone Games. As per your request, we have reviewed your order and it is now ready to be completed.
    To complete your order, visit the link below. You will be asked for your order number and password. When your shopping cart appears, verify your address and payment information, and continue through the checkout process to complete your order.
    Link: www.findmyorder.com
    Order Number: (11-digit number here)
    Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
    Sincerely,
    Standing Stone Games Customer Service
    www.findmyorder.com"

    So when I follow the link it takes me to the original shopping cart site that, once again, required me to put in my password and credit card info, and then gave me the exact same failure message: Payment Authorization Failed.

    Seriously?!?!? That's the best that customer service can do? Really??

    Did anyone else find any other answers or solutions? Was anyone able to help you find an answer??


    Quote Originally Posted by gradelwolph View Post
    i've been trying to purchase Helm's Deep, and Riders of Rohan in the LOTRO Market while they are still on sale, and i keep getting "Payment Authorization Failed"

    i've double, and triple checked my card info to be sure it's correct, and i've even tried using my PayPal account which pulls off the same bank account. Nothing i have tried works. Every time i try to make the purchase, i get the same message. i even went so far as to call my bank to make sure they were not blocking the purchase, and they don't even see the attempts.

    Another oddity is that when i get to the screen asking for my payment info, it's also asking me to enter new user information even though i'm actually logged into the site.

    Has anybody had this happen to them? And, if so, what did you do to resolve it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    28
    I'm having the same issue. Used my credit card and tried with PayPal. Both times I got the same "Payment Authorization Failed"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000005aa/01005/signature.png]Arepfoot[/charsig]

  6. #6
    Me too!


    I've already bought several expansions - three, to be exact - and this is the first time this happens!


    I sent an email to support, but so far I have not been answered!
    There is no glory.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas77 View Post
    Did any of you ever find a solution to this?? I've got a lifetime subscription so I haven't had to try and make any purchases with Turbine/Standing Stones/WB/or anything else for a lot of years, so when I tried to purchase the uber-version of Mordor I was totally flummoxed! I've tried everything I can think of to make it work, I absolutely know the credit card is good but nothing seems to help. When I emailed customer service here's their response:

    "Dear A___ P______,
    Thank you for your interest in Standing Stone Games. As per your request, we have reviewed your order and it is now ready to be completed.
    To complete your order, visit the link below. You will be asked for your order number and password. When your shopping cart appears, verify your address and payment information, and continue through the checkout process to complete your order.
    Link: www.findmyorder.com
    Order Number: (11-digit number here)
    Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
    Sincerely,
    Standing Stone Games Customer Service
    www.findmyorder.com"

    So when I follow the link it takes me to the original shopping cart site that, once again, required me to put in my password and credit card info, and then gave me the exact same failure message: Payment Authorization Failed.

    Seriously?!?!? That's the best that customer service can do? Really??

    Did anyone else find any other answers or solutions? Was anyone able to help you find an answer??
    So from what I can tell, the company handling the sales is terrible. After trying multiple payment methods and contacting them twice, they finally gave me a number to Turbine (get it? LOL!) that doesn't exist. I contacted Cordovan about the issue and he recommended I submit a support request through the SSG help portal. I did that on Friday morning and still haven't heard anything. I'd recommend you put the help request in if you want to hear from them before launch .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000eb62b/01007/signature.png]Isilwe[/charsig]

    Gulz posting on the wrong account.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    34

    Angry

    I've got the exact same problem getting this "Payment Authorization Failed" message again and again and nowhere to get help with.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousaion View Post
    I've got the exact same problem getting this "Payment Authorization Failed" message again and again and nowhere to get help with.....
    Contact SSG here - https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us Click on Account section and then Contact Support.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Contact SSG here - https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us Click on Account section and then Contact Support.
    Yeah tried that no response yet.

  11. #11
    Bethesda has a FAQ page about exactly this issue. One of their proposed solutions is to clear the browser history, so that there is no impeding entry left that would get into the way. This looks like it might work.

    But their other proposal:
    Check to see if Javascript is enabled in your web browser's default settings. If there are any programs that could be blocking Javascript, such as an anti-virus, firewall or web security program, please disable them temporarily while attempting the transaction. If you are receiving a popup asking to run the script, accept this prompt to run Javascript for the transaction.
    makes my hair stand on end.

    I simply hate JavaScript as it can ruin your system beyond repair (just think of all these drive-by-infections, or fraudulent 'browser enhancements' which generate automated clicks on ads, or insert additional entries into the Google result pages, that Google actually hadn't retrieved - left alone the blackmail trojans which are currently abundant)

    SSG, do you or your payment processing company run anything in JavaScript? I have an ad blocker installed, would it interfere? I would really rather prefer to be able to keep my computer safe, while paying for the expansion. There are extras, that you really don't want to come together with your order.


    Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 110 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Manfreid, dwarven Level 105 Champion, all the same
    Alexophor, human Level 105 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    Bethesda has a FAQ page about exactly this issue. One of their proposed solutions is to clear the browser history, so that there is no impeding entry left that would get into the way. This looks like it might work.

    But their other proposal:
    Check to see if Javascript is enabled in your web browser's default settings. If there are any programs that could be blocking Javascript, such as an anti-virus, firewall or web security program, please disable them temporarily while attempting the transaction. If you are receiving a popup asking to run the script, accept this prompt to run Javascript for the transaction.
    makes my hair stand on end.

    I simply hate JavaScript as it can ruin your system beyond repair (just think of all these drive-by-infections, or fraudulent 'browser enhancements' which generate automated clicks on ads, or insert additional entries into the Google result pages, that Google actually hadn't retrieved - left alone the blackmail trojans which are currently abundant)

    SSG, do you or your payment processing company run anything in JavaScript? I have an ad blocker installed, would it interfere? I would really rather prefer to be able to keep my computer safe, while paying for the expansion. There are extras, that you really don't want to come together with your order.


    Greetings, Polymachos
    I have both done,cleared history/coockies,accepted the pop-up same error continues...

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload