We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
    Returning player here and haven't played since the end of 2009, what NA server is the best as far as English speaking population wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Returning player here and haven't played since the end of 2009, what NA server is the best as far as English speaking population wise?
    The currently largest is probably Arkenstone, from what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by liza61 View Post
    I wish I could reply to the thread "meeting up" in General Discussion.

I would be very happy to join your group.

I play in solo mode for 3 reasons:

1 - I dont speak english. I understand written English with no problems, but I have difficulty answering.

2 - I consider myself a noob and I will not ruin the game for other people.

3 - i play slow paced.

If none of these things is a problem for you, I would love to join your group.

Sorry for my poor english
    Liza i dont know if you can reply now to this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...065-Meeting-up

If you can't please write here your server preference between laurelin and crickhollow. Ill copy your answer to the other thread. Ty
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Thanks you, Kostas. As a brand new player I'm stucked by posting permissions, but I have read all the interesting conversation in our thread and
    I am excited to begin this journey with you.

I have my toons on Crick, but I have no server's preference, I will be ok with whatever (It's correct "whatever"?).

Kin name: I like very much "The Casual Wanderers", but also "Unexpected Brotherhood"

Store: only for disabler and outfits

Completionist: of course!!!

Class: LM or champ, or whatever (ye, I like "whatever")

Ty i'll copy that to the other thread.
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by AYY_LMAO View Post
    Greetings. I just started playing this game again recently. I was wondering, how do I get out of the New Player section? I can't seem to post anywhere else, only this part of the forums.
    Depends on whether they think you're a bot, forum troll, or legit player. Which are you? :P

Quote Originally Posted by AYY_LMAO View Post
    I am a legit player of course. I would just like to post in the other sections of the forum, such as the PVP one.
    True enough. Most of the bots (99%+) post spam replies for love potions and magic spells from Baba Ji (I'm not kidding). The trolls already know they just have to create the new account and wait a few days before unleashing their venom elsewhere, so won't bother posting in an existing thread in this forum.

So, you're new. You will have to wait a few days to get automatically granted access.

If you have specific PvP questions, feel free to post them here. It's somewhat random, but you'll usually get an answer.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

When the hell one get possibly to post?

Quote Originally Posted by Karwelas View Post
    When the hell one get possibly to post?
    There is a wait of a few days. Exact number is not published, but much lower than the old limit.

If you have a question you can go ahead and post it here.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Anyone know how to get Dragh to appear in the Grand Stair? We're two hunters trying to do the quest to kill him and we've tried everything to get him to appear: done the daily, not done the daily, just killed Ilzkâl the Pummeler and Igash, just killed Ilzkâl the Pummeler and Nardûr and Igash, killed everyone. There used to be a blinking corpse to summon him but the corpse never blinks anymore. Hope someone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Temelnosce View Post
    Anyone know how to get Dragh to appear in the Grand Stair? We're two hunters trying to do the quest to kill him and we've tried everything to get him to appear: done the daily, not done the daily, just killed Ilzkâl the Pummeler and Igash, just killed Ilzkâl the Pummeler and Nardûr and Igash, killed everyone. There used to be a blinking corpse to summon him but the corpse never blinks anymore. Hope someone can help.
    Never done that quest myself, since it was optional.

Supposed to be a chain that you pull:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...36#post7053036

Hope that helps.

What is the Option to disable big FX like oathies, lightning storm, field promotion, etc? My freind somehow has them disabled but he doesn't remember how. When he plays and an LM uses lightning storm or march of the ents, he doesn't see the lightning or the big ent that appears and thus doesn't lag, but I can see everything and it lags me even at low settings

Update 20 taking forever

Is this normal?

I logged in to start playing tonight, and it had an update to download first. No biggie, it's done this a couple of times since I started. But tonight it's been going for... oh, about 20 minutes so far with no sign of stopping. How many gigs is this game putting on my hard drive right now???

Ok, seriously, this is crazy. It's still going and says it's up to 50%. That's over half an hour now. The whole entire game didn't take this long to download and install.

Can someone please tell me what's going on? Did it take this long for everyone?

I'm tempted to just power down my computer at this point because this is crazy.

Well, here I am at somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes of this game downloading god only knows what onto my computer. All I wanted to do was log in and play the game for half an hour or so before going to bed. Now I've got who knows how many Gigabytes of additional files *still* downloading to my computer, and nobody on the forums apparently wants to answer my question.

I thought it was a pretty simple question, really. Can absolutely none of you answer it for me? Did this go on for this long for everyone? Is this normal?

Anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
    Ok, seriously, this is crazy. It's still going and says it's up to 50%. That's over half an hour now. The whole entire game didn't take this long to download and install.

Can someone please tell me what's going on? Did it take this long for everyone?

I'm tempted to just power down my computer at this point because this is crazy.
    I generally start the update and do something else, so I rarely know how long it takes. I've seen no other complaints about this today, so it may just be some bottleneck in communications between SSG and you, or something like fragmentation or anti-virus slowing down your PC, or even a handful of small slowdowns that add up to a noticeable annoyance.

You can X out of the update and restart it without it starting over from the first file. True, that's just "turn it off an back on again", but I'm afraid I have no better suggestion.

Good luck.

Well, here I am at somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes of this game downloading god only knows what onto my computer. All I wanted to do was log in and play the game for half an hour or so before going to bed. Now I've got who knows how many Gigabytes of additional files *still* downloading to my computer, and nobody on the forums apparently wants to answer my question.

I thought it was a pretty simple question, really. Can absolutely none of you answer it for me? Did this go on for this long for everyone? Is this normal?

Anyone???
    Since I wasn't paying attention when I patched, I can only say my update took less than two hours.

Thanks for responding. I was beginning to think I was in an echo chamber.

Well, technically it finished its download now - I think. It finished just shy on the one-hour mark. It got to the login screen. I logged in and chose my world, and now it seems to have hung. I think I will have to "turn it off and turn it back on again".

Hooray! Well, I'm going to be useless at work tomorrow, but I'm determined to get my half-hour of play in tonight.

I'm still interested to see if an hour of downloading is considered normal for an update like this...

Hooray! Well, I'm going to be useless at work tomorrow, but I'm determined to get my half-hour of play in tonight.

I'm still interested to see if an hour of downloading is considered normal for an update like this...
    That seems longer than average, but I didn't even bother looking at the iteration and file counts today. We did have a real doozy last year where it downloaded a whole new set of frills textures (all those plants that the enemies hide in nowadays) and that one took me almost two hours. Then they got fixed a few days later and we had to do it all over again. The forums were aflame with righteous indignation for days afterwards. Tonight, they're aflame over the lag problems in the new areas but nobody has snarked about the download time while screaming over the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Never done that quest myself, since it was optional.

Supposed to be a chain that you pull:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...36#post7053036

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for your reply. We'd seen that thread and have searched everywhere, in every place, at all times during the run but there is absolutely nothing that can be clicked. A mystery!

Question about Expansions purchases etc

Hi,

Hi I'm a brand new player. Downloaded the game a couple of days ago to try out and absolutely love it!

My question is this: When I buy an expansion / quest pack, does it unlock the content on all servers? Not just the one that I'm logged in to when I make the purchase ?

Just checking before I decide to splash out any serious cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Boggleswade View Post
    My question is this: When I buy an expansion / quest pack, does it unlock the content on all servers? Not just the one that I'm logged in to when I make the purchase ?
    Yes, all servers. It unlocks them for the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Yes, all servers. It unlocks them for the account.
    Thanks for the quick response! That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear!

RSA query

Hi all, I'm having a bit of a struggle with all the running around with having to constantly hold the right mouse button down to steer. Is there an option in settings somewhere to alter that? I haven't managed to find one but hoping one of you know to solve this. The muscles on the back of my hand, controlling my middle finger, are aching with the constant use.

Thank in advance.

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast