We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syvixius View Post
    hi, I would like to know what I can do to retrieve my password, I get the email and do a reset but never resets. It says it is successful in resetting. From what I have read if you have an older password it will not reset, I would really like to play. I have submitted tickets over the past month or so with no response. Any help would be great! thank you.
    Are youn using this web site? https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php

Use "Forgotten your password?" option.

Sergio :-)

Yes I have tried resetting about 30 times, get password was reset successfully but it is not resetting at all. I skimmed the forums and read that if you still have an older password it will not reset.

Returning Player

Hi!

Im a returning player that was playing in Laurelin 2 years ago.

How is this server now to return to play? Is there people to do things and to find group to instances and dungeons?

thanks a lot for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerberin29 View Post
    Hi!

Im a returning player that was playing in Laurelin 2 years ago.

How is this server now to return to play? Is there people to do things and to find group to instances and dungeons?

thanks a lot for the replies!
    Laurelin probably has a slightly higher population than 2 years ago because the server closings resulted in people transferring there. I can't say anything about actual play and grouping as I don't play there.

Evernight had the huge population boost from the server closings.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

What are the requirements to be able to post in general forums and why was this not conveyed elsewhere that I could find it?
    Last edited by Nimgilrien; Jan 10 2017 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimgilrien View Post
    What are the requirements to be able to post in general forums and why was this not conveyed elsewhere that I could find it?
    Why Can I Only Post Here?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Only-Post-Here

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

well as i asked in another thread, all my characters are locked away on riddermark, so cant really play them yet, but why isnt there any EU server to transfer too? as im in EU that would be the best for me but not a single eu server is listed when i was gonna transfer my characters,

According to https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...e-announcement, Riddermark was an American server with the Turbine database format. This format is not compatible with the Codemasters format of the European servers. Sorry, but you are stuck with the US servers. It doesn't matter anyway, because all servers are still standing in the United States, so your ping will always be the same.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 120 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

well if so, anyone got a clue on what servers are most active during gmt+1 timezone? will be abit boring if they all sleep during my playtime :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tazlo View Post
    well if so, anyone got a clue on what servers are most active during gmt+1 timezone? will be abit boring if they all sleep during my playtime :P
    I've heard nothing at all about Gladden and Arkenstone but someone told me Crickhollow was active and I know Brandywine and Landroval are.
    Landy has a bit of a dip in activity around /servertime 3AM - in the timezone of Stockholm or Berlin that would mean 9AM - and on a few hours, some days the lull extending well into my my afternoon early evening or til /servertime noon.

You can always roll a guy on brandy or the other servers the time you typically want to play...and just follow global chat, see if it suits you and your times.
    Can also transfer one instead of all but if you decide that server was not a good choice, that one character will remain stuck on the wrong server.

ah ok transfered one to arkenstone since i read somewhere that it had one of the biggest population's BUT my name character name was taken or something so now i have a number after my name =\ is that a bug or do i really need to pay for a name change?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazlo View Post
    ah ok transfered one to arkenstone since i read somewhere that it had one of the biggest population's BUT my name character name was taken or something so now i have a number after my name =\ is that a bug or do i really need to pay for a name change?
    To the right of your screen (default placement) you get notifications like new mail or store points gained and so on - here you'll have a free rename waiting. If you've clicked it away, simply relog and you can see it. I wouldn't stress too much to get a name with -1 changed, take your time! I still have two such left and I did the transfers off closing servers immediately when the option turned up...been a year now I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Milthaliel View Post
    This is my first time playing any kind of MMO (Closest thing I've played is The Sims, so... there you go). I'm having a blast getting to understand the controls and the interface, and trying to find my path through the game. I'm interested in roleplaying, but not sure how it works. Do you have to join a Kinship? Are there specific places where you go to play? Do you just walk up to someone and say hi? How does it work?
    Haha, good question! It seems to vary a bit between the servers.
    On Landroval you can typically find some perople RPing to some extent at the Prancing Pony peak hours EST (type /servertime in the game and you get current office hours) and I often see some kinship in the Shire main place Michel Delving. Some will have stories ongoing for years, which makes it hard to know how to interact. /say Hallo is an easy starter and I guess having a look at what others do. Everyone often seems to do their own thing
    To me personally...RP creeps me out a little. Perhaps I felt violated by some hobbit lass chatting me up in 2007, I don't know. Not my thing. I respect that community though and so I don't barge in and generally try not to disrupt things.
    Landroval server also has a lot of concerts and I like those - not for the muzak (it's pretty basic in the game and often a little out of sync) but just finding 10-20 people just hanging out being nice (or a hundred for the big events).
    Laurelin has a friday event going on for nearly a decade at the Green Dragon inn, also worth a visit.

Anyhow.
    One of many guides (link)
    Another write-up from a couple of years earlier

Originally Posted by Milthaliel
    This is my first time playing any kind of MMO (Closest thing I've played is The Sims, so... there you go). I'm having a blast getting to understand the controls and the interface, and trying to find my path through the game. I'm interested in roleplaying, but not sure how it works. Do you have to join a Kinship? Are there specific places where you go to play? Do you just walk up to someone and say hi? How does it work?
    Hi and welcome.

Did you join a role playing server? English speaking RP servers are Laurelin for EU and Landroval for US. You can play on either. There is also Role playing on most worlds but most RP's congregate on the servers which have the RP tag.

Once you have completed the intro quests and venture into the world you will eventually find yourself at a stable and can usually get a ride to Bree.
    There is a quest you can pick up not far inside the west gate which gives you a tour of the town. In this tour you will find yourself at the Prancing Pony.
    This is a good place to see some role playing. You may find though that a lot of RP is done in groups or kins and in their own designated areas.
    So it is a good idea to try and join a RP kin if this is what you want to do.

Here is a good article that will help with the details.

http://www.linawillow.org/home/2015/...ying-in-lotro/

Good luck and fun adventures

[Where did the above quoted post go?]
    Last edited by LabadalofDorlomin; Jan 30 2017 at 03:37 AM.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Whatever you do, don't ever RP in the Prancing Pony on Laurelin server.
    It is a stinking den of depravity and lore-breakers.

Courtesy of the RP Militia.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered View Post
    Hi. Could I please get posting permissions so I could post in other threads? I recently started PVPing and I would like to post in the PVMP section of the forums but I can't because of the restrictions.
    Note that the people answering questions here are just other players.

You will get posting permission after some period of time, but we don't know how long that is. A couple or more days is my guess.

If you have a PvMP question you can go ahead and ask it here. Very likely that someone will be able answer it.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Haha, good question! It seems to vary a bit between the servers.
    On Landroval you can typically find some perople RPing to some extent at the Prancing Pony peak hours EST (type /servertime in the game and you get current office hours) and I often see some kinship in the Shire main place Michel Delving. Some will have stories ongoing for years, which makes it hard to know how to interact. /say Hallo is an easy starter and I guess having a look at what others do. Everyone often seems to do their own thing
    To me personally...RP creeps me out a little. Perhaps I felt violated by some hobbit lass chatting me up in 2007, I don't know. Not my thing. I respect that community though and so I don't barge in and generally try not to disrupt things.
    Landroval server also has a lot of concerts and I like those - not for the muzak (it's pretty basic in the game and often a little out of sync) but just finding 10-20 people just hanging out being nice (or a hundred for the big events).
    Laurelin has a friday event going on for nearly a decade at the Green Dragon inn, also worth a visit.

Anyhow.
    One of many guides (link)
    Another write-up from a couple of years earlier
    Thanks so much!! I will give these different spots a try. I've read the link from "Voices of Middle Earth", which was great, and I'll check out the other link as well. I am such a complete beginner that I didn't understand how to speak to people (like, the mechanics of talking to anyone). Your tip above (just type /say) will help get the ball rolling for me, too! XD

Oy, I hope I don't encounter any weirdness that will creep me out about it, like what happened to you. I just want to talk about the weather, and the size of Big People housing, nothing untoward! This may be an adventure in more ways than one...
    Last edited by Milthaliel; Feb 01 2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    Hi and welcome.

Did you join a role playing server? English speaking RP servers are Laurelin for EU and Landroval for US. You can play on either. There is also Role playing on most worlds but most RP's congregate on the servers which have the RP tag.

Once you have completed the intro quests and venture into the world you will eventually find yourself at a stable and can usually get a ride to Bree.
    There is a quest you can pick up not far inside the west gate which gives you a tour of the town. In this tour you will find yourself at the Prancing Pony.
    This is a good place to see some role playing. You may find though that a lot of RP is done in groups or kins and in their own designated areas.
    So it is a good idea to try and join a RP kin if this is what you want to do.

Here is a good article that will help with the details.

http://www.linawillow.org/home/2015/...ying-in-lotro/

Good luck and fun adventures

[Where did the above quoted post go?]

Thank you so much!! So sorry, I think I deleted the post, because I found some information I thought would help. But I'm so glad you and others were able to answer, because I realized I still had no clue what to do. I did join Landroval, so I'll try to roam around the Prancing Pony and other places at different times. Maybe I'm missing most people, since I usually get on between 9 to 11PM Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmartBrit View Post
    Whatever you do, don't ever RP in the Prancing Pony on Laurelin server.
    It is a stinking den of depravity and lore-breakers.

Courtesy of the RP Militia.

Lol! Good to know ;p

Totaly newbie in LOTRO

Hi guys!
    I'm downloading the LOTRO right now for the first time. I was looking for the MMORPG which will catch my attention for a while. I was playing before many different MMOs, like: WoW, GW and GW2, Rift, Dragonica/Dragon Saga, Flyff, ToP and many others. I would like now focus on one great MMORPG and i suppose that is LOTRO.
    I'm wondering now about choosing the right class for beginner, i thought about Minstrel, Rune Keeper and Champion (is this classes are good for Dwarf?).
    Which server do you recommend?
    And what else should i know before starting?

Greetings, Klisander

Quote Originally Posted by Klisander View Post
    Hi guys!
    I'm downloading the LOTRO right now for the first time. I was looking for the MMORPG which will catch my attention for a while. I was playing before many different MMOs, like: WoW, GW and GW2, Rift, Dragonica/Dragon Saga, Flyff, ToP and many others. I would like now focus on one great MMORPG and i suppose that is LOTRO.
    I'm wondering now about choosing the right class for beginner, i thought about Minstrel, Rune Keeper and Champion (is this classes are good for Dwarf?).
    Which server do you recommend?
    And what else should i know before starting?

Greetings, Klisander
    A dwarf champion was my first character. The champion has engaging and varied gameplay. You get more access to melee weapons than any other class and it suits the dwarves well. As champion you can dps, tank and aoe. I would recommend you to check out the champion class section and watch the intro videos in character creation and pick whatever you prefer the most. A champion is very levelling friendly to a first timer! :-) I recommend the server Gladden. A lot of nice people and don't be afraid to ask questions in the chat channels.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    A dwarf champion was my first character. The champion has engaging and varied gameplay. You get more access to melee weapons than any other class and it suits the dwarves well. As champion you can dps, tank and aoe. I would recommend you to check out the champion class section and watch the intro videos in character creation and pick whatever you prefer the most. A champion is very levelling friendly to a first timer! :-) I recommend the server Gladden. A lot of nice people and don't be afraid to ask questions in the chat channels.
    Thank you so much! I agree that the champion fits to dwarf I will look at champion section. Cya in game!

Does it matter that the server is in the US and im from Poland - EU? Will i have big ping?
    Last edited by Klisander; Feb 03 2017 at 06:03 AM.

Thank you so much! I agree that the champion fits to dwarf I will look at champion section. Cya in game!

Does it matter that the server is in the US and im from Poland - EU? Will i have big ping?
    I'm from EU myself. Dunno if there is any difference in that regard, but finding a populated EU server could also be to your benefit because of the time zones :-)
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

With quest packs on sale what should I get?

March of the King Wildermore, Central Gondor, Old Anorien or just save my LP for later packs?'

Quote Originally Posted by Fransico View Post
    March of the King Wildermore, Central Gondor, Old Anorien or just save my LP for later packs?'
    Wildermore is the most redundant of these - mostly nice bit of epic though if you have the time, March of the King gets you essences + much gear vs grind and flower picking, Central Gondor has the most skill points if I read the info correctly and Old Anorien (while currently mostly skippable) is rather nice.

New halfway-to-mordor area in a month or two I think so go play North Ithilien and do all quests plus dailies after and gear up. Then the new area and it's a thrilling wait for expansion.

All the servers are in the US. The US/EU tags are a hangover from when the EU ones were actually in the EU, I believe (they've always been in the US while I've been playing).

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast