We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46
Results 1,126 to 1,128 of 1128
    Quote Originally Posted by xleatherneck View Post
    Return of the founders. PLayed this game to end game many years back. Considering investing time again to start over. Overall game still worth it? Will get expansions once they go on sale. It wasnt free to play back when I played before so is there anything major I need to know starting over? Not sure about normal vs legendary either. Think maybe just jump in and get my feet wet and then decide a course. Forums seems active which is a good sign. Also see alot of people that are returning. So get a good deal on quad pack then get helmsdeep and the newest expansion later? Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.
    Hello, welcome back,
    Sorry it took so long for someone to reply.

The games worth will be subjective. I don't think you would regret your purchases it if you like the world.

You can get a lot of fun and your money's worth buying the expansions like you say. When to buy expansions past Helm's Deep? Not sure.. haven't gotten there myself.

Also, the Premium Wallet is considered by many the best purchase in the game.

Down the road, if you want to do raiding and gear grinding, etc. you can always put more into the game.

Even with stuff you or I may not like in the game, there is still plenty of cool things to experience.

Personally, I would find a normal server first before legendary.

You say your are a founder. Does that also mean you have a Lifetime VIP account?
    If not:

If you plan on being a VIP (Subscriber), you will have access to all quest content besides expansions.

If you do not plan on being VIP, I would also get the Eriador Bundle (quest pack bundle), but I would go VIP, even if for a short time, after you buy your Eriador bundle at some point to get some premium features. (You can't buy quest packs while VIP).

Edit: Also the Legendary Server requires you to be VIP.
    Last edited by WarmBeaches; Nov 15 2018 at 08:42 PM.

I was indeed founder but cant get access to my old account. So very undecided about money invest on VIP. Trying to decide if going al out on deeds and crafting are worth it at this point. Takes awhile on those if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by xleatherneck View Post
    I was indeed founder but cant get access to my old account. So very undecided about money invest on VIP. Trying to decide if going al out on deeds and crafting are worth it at this point. Takes awhile on those if I remember right.
    I can't imagine playing and not investing cash. Some people spend insane hours grinding LP from what I understand. The VIP permanent unlocks you get are good, extra character slots, gold cap, inventory bags, etc.

I think the bottom line is only spend if you like the game. Its F2P, so you can give it a good test drive, before the sales. There's a community, you can join a kinship, etc.

Crafting still matters for certain things, but its not what it used to be as best I can tell.

Some people say its p2w at higher levels, some people disagree. There were a lot of recent changes with u23. Maybe it is p2w or spend lots of time grinding, I have no idea really.

That being said, I still play because I think there is a lot of good content to experience. It's probably something I will leave and come back to from time to time, but I will have an account with characters and content to pick up where I left off when I'm tired of some other video game.

You can also try to contact support and Standing Stone Games website, and they might be able to identify your old account and give you access to it upon verification, but don't quote me on that.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46