We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42
Results 1,026 to 1,037 of 1037
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugol View Post
    Hello! Hoping for advice/feedback on a character concept I like things to be lore-friendly but also need to know if they are too over-the-top so to speak.

I'm quite liking the idea of roleplaying a seer, seems a nice way of being a "not-wizard" character without making the canon collapse in on itself. I'm toying with the concept of having him claim descent from Malbeth the Seer but without knowing the sensibilities around here I worry that might be too close to an established character so to speak? Another possibility that I liked was to claim descent from Glirhuin, a singer and seer from the first age but I'm not sure if Men lineages are even traced back that far.

I'm still working out wether to have him as a genuine seer or more of a light-hearted charlatan, maybe somewhere in-between?
    Hi!

As a concept I think this sounds fine. Malbeth and Glirhuin are not well-known enough to be an issue, and even if they were, you are so far removed from them that it wouldn’t matter. To be honest, you can “claim” lineage to anyone you want and you aren’t going to get booted from the server or anything. However, some kins will have their own membership rules.

Using my main’s bio an example: he is the illegitimate son of Ecthelion II; this makes him Denethor II’s unofficial half brother and a half-uncle to Boromir/Faramir. However, he claims no right to the stewardship of Gondor and nobody, not even Boromir and Faramir even knew the truth about him as he grew up with his servant mother, having nothing to do with the ruling house. Instead, he became a captain in the Gondor military and is old enough to have fought some battles in the service of Aragorn, when he was in Gondor as Thorongil.

I am not part of any kin on my main, as I don’t choose to be, but I could. Some would allow it and some wouldn’t. However, I think your back story would be fine even for the kin that refused me, as mine was a little too close for comfort. But as I am not particularly bothered about a kin, it’s not an issue.

I’d just go with whatever concept you like, that feels right for you.

What class are you choosing? A minstrel, if you are descended from a singer maybe? Technically, you could be anything if the seer part is purely for role play, but I suppose a heavy armour class would make less sense.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Hi again!

Grouping with other classes
    - Runekeepers: there can only be 1 Searing Words per tier even if there are multiple runekeepers.
    This is a quote from a Runekeeper guide that was posted in 2015.

Is this still true? If so, are there any other RK DoT's that don't stack (from different RK's in a fellowship or raid?)

Seems like this would severely limit RK's in raids if a significant portion of your DPS doesn't stack with other RK's.

Dungeons in Mordor

Hi -

I am a returning player and got somewhat confused about the current state of dungeons.

What are the current endgame dungeons (3 and 6 man), i.e. the ones where you prepare for the raid. This can include any scaled up versions that drop useful items to that end.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akab View Post
    Hi -

What are the current endgame dungeons (3 and 6 man), i.e. the ones where you prepare for the raid. This can include any scaled up versions that drop useful items to that end.

Thanks
    12 man is Abyss of Mordath

Court of Seregost is small fellowship

Dungeons of Nearband is full fellowship (and reportedly buggy)

There are crafting and other instances. All listed here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...roth_Instances

There is also the weekly Featured Instance - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Featured_Instance

Where to find Two-Handed Swords post level 65?

Hello all,

New player here having a great time leveling my my Captain.

Where might I locate Level 70+ Legendary Two-Handed Swords - or even non-legendary Two-Handed swords in general? From what I can see, I cannot meld one from shards (my only options for Two-Handed Unidentified LI Swords in the melding screen are 65 and below) nor am I high enough level crafting to make one.

I've been playing for months trying to see if I can get one randomly as a drop. During that time, I've received multiples of just about every other kind of LI weapon there is (Runes, Bows, Crossbows, Daggers, One-hand swords, etc.). The only two-handed swords I can find on the AH are level 100+.

Do Two-Handed swords exists anywhere other than leveling up crafting or asking someone to craft them? Seems to me these are the ONLY kind of two-handed weapon that does not exist post level 70. I've really enjoyed the two-handed sword as it fits the character I made.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoreahel View Post
    Hello all,

I've been playing for months trying to see if I can get one randomly as a drop. During that time, I've received multiples of just about every other kind of LI weapon there is (Runes, Bows, Crossbows, Daggers, One-hand swords, etc.). The only two-handed swords I can find on the AH are level 100+.
    It's basically a problem caused by the random nature of mob drops of LIs. There are more LIs that are no good to you than ones that are, so you're more likely to get one you don't want than one you do. According to the wiki - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite..._the_Third_Age - you should be able to meld a level 70 3rd age one for 269 shards. You can also barter for a level 75 in Stangard (see lower down the page I linked).

I wouldn't worry about it too much tho' unless you find you're struggling to kill things with the weapon you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoreahel View Post
    Hello all,

Where might I locate Level 70+ Legendary Two-Handed Swords - or even non-legendary Two-Handed swords in general? From what I can see, I cannot meld one from shards (my only options for Two-Handed Unidentified LI Swords in the melding screen are 65 and below) nor am I high enough level crafting to make one.

Do Two-Handed swords exists anywhere other than leveling up crafting or asking someone to craft them? Seems to me these are the ONLY kind of two-handed weapon that does not exist post level 70. I've really enjoyed the two-handed sword as it fits the character I made.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Work on your crafting a bit. Gathering the mats is not too bad, and refining them is boring (so go play Spider Solitaire), and once you have the basic refined ore, you can use the "Process" skill to make little piles, then turn the little piles back into big piles, etc, until you are skilled enough to buy the LI recipes you need at the Weapon makers guild.

As for drops; the game likes having a little laugh, my first alt went nearly a month in Rohan without picking up a SINGLE Hunter LI; out of many hundreds of LI dropped by the mobs I killed. My Guardian picks up LOADS of 2H Guardian weapons, but I prefer 1H and a shield (it looks better).

When you have several alts, you can swap LI around, as it is a guarantee each alt will rarely pick up the LI they need, but another alt will get THOUSANDS of them.

There is no lvl 70 crafting option. Only 60,65,75,85,95,100. There should be lvl 70 melding option.
    You can also ask in trade channel. Plenty of folks should be able to craft lvl 75 LIs. If on Crickhollow, you can look me up (drop a mail to Astelle).
    Tip: Dunland has a cave packed with lvl 72 Bugans (pale folk) of swarm difficulty. Can slaughter them in droves easily and they drop lots of lvl 72 LIs.

Those Bugans will be in the mining cave near the gateway through to the Rohan Gap.

While giving tips; dont bother wasting resources crafting FA or SA L85 LI; the jump from L85 to L86 is HUGE, and a lowly TA L86 has much higher stats than a FA L85; and the same it true of all the armour etc.

I was trying to figure out why I couldn't reply to the Beacon. Yay for being a forum newbie.

Is there an art thread for newbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Galcyviabor View Post
    I was trying to figure out why I couldn't reply to the Beacon. Yay for being a forum newbie.

Is there an art thread for newbs?
    Just post Vogon poetry in here until the mods relent and let you free.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    It's basically a problem caused by the random nature of mob drops of LIs. There are more LIs that are no good to you than ones that are, so you're more likely to get one you don't want than one you do. According to the wiki - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite..._the_Third_Age - you should be able to meld a level 70 3rd age one for 269 shards. You can also barter for a level 75 in Stangard (see lower down the page I linked).

I wouldn't worry about it too much tho' unless you find you're struggling to kill things with the weapon you have now.
    That's the strange thing with melding - as I mentioned earlier, I don't see an option to meld any Two-Handed swords beyond level 65. I only have 3 Two-Handed sword options. Every other weapon I see multiple options for, including ones above level 70. Is the level you can meld in any way tied to your crafting level?

I am looking to replace my existing weapon as it is a level 70 LI I received as a drop months ago that is maxed out. I'm currently running around at level 93 doing quests in Rohan. I'll check out Stangard tonight to see if I can locate something there.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate it.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42