We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Acquaintance of Thorins Hall

My 43 Hunter has completed all quests in Ered Erin except those in Sarnur. He is an Acquaintance of Thorins Hall. Is taking the Sarnur quests the only way to progress him past acquaintance?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPlayer View Post
    My 43 Hunter has completed all quests in Ered Erin except those in Sarnur. He is an Acquaintance of Thorins Hall. Is taking the Sarnur quests the only way to progress him past acquaintance?
    There are some more options. Gloin's camp in the Misty Mountains and Zigilgund in Forochel offer rep quests. Both areas should be doable at your level. Also humanoid mobs (goblins, dwarves, etc.) in those areas should drop the rep items (FA relics and Dourhand Crests). You can usually find folks selling those on the AH too. It might take awhile but you shouldn't have to go into Sarnur.

Here's a link with more info: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Tho...l_(Reputation)
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

In addition to what bambu said, you can trade for the rep items at the Skirmish Camp or obtain them from other players.

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights); Zigilturg (Forever Notorious); Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Great thank you both for the help.

The outer keep at Sarnur is doable at L43, I know because I did it last week; a few hours in there got me from zero to Kinship with Thorins Hall; just avoid the three Dwarves outside the portal as they are REALLY hard to beat; just make sure your gear and jewellery is up to date - and have a few foods and Bow Chants at hand.

Seriously, they drop a LOT of rep items in there; it is certainly a LOT faster than doing the other rep quests mentioned above.

Just dont go through the inner keep doorway, or down through the ice tunnel; you will be seriously out-gunned, plus the inner keep needs Ancient Dwarf weapons only.

Once you have kinship, go down into the Blue Garrison inside Thorins Hall, and buy yourself a goat. It can be used in Moria and saves you slogging around on foot until you have enough rep to buy the Moria goats.

...aad to add to the others' fine suggestions...

Gloin's Camp in the Misty Mountains (take the road/ramp up the mountain from center of north Rivendell) has quests in the 35+ range that grant Thorin's rep plus the task bulletin board at that camp gives Thorin's rep for task turn-ins. The Corcur (hillmen) drop Rivendell rep items and the Snow Beast slayer deed gives Determination virtue (Agility).
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I meant to add, those Sarnur quests are ALL either inner keep or lower levels, dont try and do them; even on level they range from VERY difficult to impossible on your own; I have been in there was an L65 alt and struggled to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Yes, the level of the relics and IXP tomes goes up with the experience level of the LI, so deconstruct at L10 and you might get L1 a relic, deconstruct at L40 and get several L3 relics, deconstruct at L60 and get lots of L6 relics (these are just an idea, I dont have the exact relic to level info to hand.

As the Level of your LI gets higher, you also get the higher level Relics, so a L50 weapon at IX level 60 might get L5 relics, where a L90 weapon at the same level will get L8 or 9 relics. One thing to remember, the highest level relics are only there when you decon at the max level, drop decon one level early and you will get much lower relics and IXP tomes; so 60 - - or 70 if you use a tome to extend the LI IX level.
    thx a lot!

Hi may I ask hunter and warden, which one has higher dps and is better for solo?

Quote Originally Posted by dajiangjun View Post
    Hi may I ask hunter and warden, which one has higher dps and is better for solo?
    These two play very differently, so a straight up DPS comparison doesn't really tell the story.

Hunter has highest single target DPS. Warden has good AoE DPS that can heal him during the fight.

Example: Entering a camp of orcs and killing the chief at the back of the camp.

- Hunter clears a path to the chief by quickly taking out orcs 1 or 2 at a time then finishes the chief in a one on one fight.

- Warden runs into camp gathering a dozen orcs and has one lengthy fight which kills the gathered group, including the chief.

Both classes accomplish the goal in about the same amount of time.

They both work well for solo, so it depends on how you want to play.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

As stated, they have very different styles of play; but for soloing, Hunter every time.

Why??

Slayer Deeds.

With the Hunter, you can run across country and one/two shot most beasts, spiders, etc on your way to/from a quest without even breaking stride. With every other class, you either have to stop, or chase after your target.

In a fight with multiple mobs and accidentally pull too many?? just back peddle and keep shooting, using your skills to send one running away, and slow another with barbed arrow, so you can concentrate your fire on fewer targets.

Melee is very poor on Hunter, even with the best sword and armour, they have less survivability and dps in Melee than the Light Armour classes; so keep using the bow, even at point blank ranges whenever possible.

thx a lot guys!

Hunter in Blue trait line is presently the king (*scratches*) emperor (*scratches again*) demi-god of DPS.

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights); Zigilturg (Forever Notorious); Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    Hunter in Blue trait line is presently the king (*scratches*) emperor (*scratches again*) demi-god of DPS.
    Maybe, but I prefer the mobility of the Red line.

Maybe, but I prefer the mobility of the Red line.
    Was that sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    Was that sarcasm?
    OK, yes, but only accidentally, I forgot which was which, blame my brain meds.

Yes,

Blue is the colour, ranging warfare is the game.

Solo is our preference, and winning is our aim.

So sing along at our one shot fame, cos Hunter, Hunter is our name.

(sung to the old Birmingham FC song)

Thumbs up

OK, yes, but only accidentally, I forgot which was which, blame my brain meds.

Yes,

Blue is the colour, ranging warfare is the game.

Solo is our preference, and winning is our aim.

So sing along at our one shot fame, cos Hunter, Hunter is our name.

(sung to the old Birmingham FC song)
    Brilliant

Good day!
    Which site you can find the current builds for the Hunter - Bow Master?
    All just old information

Quote Originally Posted by Actor2012 View Post
    Good day!
    Which site you can find the current builds for the Hunter - Bow Master?
    All just old information
    Sorry, I never used the guides, I just wing it; it all comes down to personal preference anyway; what works for one style of play isnt always the best for everyone else; of course if you are jumping right to end game it is different, perhaps another end game raider will tell you.

2017 and Galadriel's sequence (Bedroll) intro Quest : Signs and Portents still NOT RESOLVED for some!!

Hi, thanks for this thread I couldn't post. NOTE : It is hoped some official replies to this, as this has been a long standing issue.

Hello everyone, I am new to this game, and mainly I think it's great! even compared to Korean MMOs, the gameplay and storyline in this is most engaging, and does not have that same LINEARITY as some p2win mmos today. it's most refreshing.

But I hate to say, after play-testing this for 3 days, I found a most disappointing bug; it's 2017 and Galadriel's Dream Sequence intro Quest : Signs and Portents still freezes for me when I started a Human Hunter on Brandywine. I click on the bedroll, loading screen, and inside the instance environment, nothing happens. For A LONG time. Galadriel just stands there. I can swivel to see my surroundings but that's it. It worked OK I did this multiple times in the past 48 hours on Arkenstone, Landroval on Captain and LM classes.

I know this quest is not required to complete the intro, but doing so does not credit the quest under my 'completed list', and I want to be very thorough and have everything neatly completed. What I need is for someone to tell me if there is a walk-around this issue... I have searched extensively all over the net, and complains on this come from as far back as 2012... only ppl advising you to SKIP the quest.... I don't want to do that!

what I have done so far : reboot, tried changing direct x versions, deleting/replacing entire preferences folder under users>user>the lord of the rings, reinstalling entire 20gb main game files, changing various screen resolutions, cancelling quest & retaking the quest ... nothing works.

SS Officials/GM Support Team, please respond.

regards
    Last edited by Goncourt; Nov 18 2017 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goncourt View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to this game, and mainly I think it's great! even compared to Korean MMOs, the gameplay and storyline in this is most engaging, and does not have that same LINEARITY as some p2win mmos today. it's most refreshing.
    Welcome to LOTRO! Excuse my intrusion for I don't have a solution to your problem but your remark quoted above incited me to comment.

At current endgame (Mordor) LOTRO is a heavily pay-to-win, or more precisely pay-to-gamble game built around lockbox keys sold at the item store. But thankfully for new players like you there are months' worth of beautiful gameplay before reaching that point, so enjoy your ride

Just a PS regarding your original problem, the Galadriel dream instance is not at all necessary to complete for your progress, so if all else fails just skip it and continue.

Welcome again *bows*

Hi, I assume you are playing from South Korea?? It is odd you dont have issues with other classes; I have done this quest twice as a Human Hunter on Everdim and not had an issue; and since the different servers are supposed to be running the same code,, I dont see how it can be a coding issue.

Can I ask what your ping to the game servers is?? ALL I can think is that the delay in loading is causing the servers to think you have disconnected. You could try the Leatrix Latency Fix; that changes how your computer sends data packets and might help keep a server connection open.

http://www.leatrix.com/leatrix-latency-fix

I should also mention firewalls; I used to have a lot of issues with the ZoneAlarm firewall that I dont get with Comodo Firewall.

I hope something helps, as this type of bug really..... bugs people.

Will Lord of the Rings Online: Compilation Pack still work ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Rings-.../dp/B001BP0S3M
    Would i still need pre paid card or credit card to activate this ?
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusSeverus View Post
    Will Lord of the Rings Online: Compilation Pack still work ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Rings-.../dp/B001BP0S3M
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,
    NO! Do not buy this!

It has the Codemasters logo on the lower right of the box front. Codemasters originally ran the LOTRO EU servers in Europe and an EU-only version of the game was produced for them. They shutdown in 2011 and the servers brought back to US. All Codemasters labelled digital content became useless bits at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusSeverus View Post
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    NO! Do not buy this!

It has the Codemasters logo on the lower right of the box front. Codemasters originally ran the LOTRO EU servers in Europe and an EU-only version of the game was produced for them. They shutdown in 2011 and the servers brought back to US. All Codemasters labelled digital content became useless bits at that point.
    I have reported it to Amazon, so hopefully it will be quickly removed and no one will waste their money.

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast