We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2578

Invited Back but Characters on Silverlode

A friend invited me back to play and I was excited to get back into LotRO. Sadly it looks like that may not happen as my 11 characters are locked away on Silverlode. Unfortunate. I would hope they would want us to return. Some of us don't like to give up all our progress and start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Augestflex View Post
    A friend invited me back to play and I was excited to get back into LotRO. Sadly it looks like that may not happen as my 11 characters are locked away on Silverlode. Unfortunate. I would hope they would want us to return. Some of us don't like to give up all our progress and start fresh.
    Yeah, have to see what happens here to end 2021. We "might" get lucky for Closed Server Transfers to be working before it's 2022.

Couldn't figure out how to post, then saw that I'm restricted because apparently I'm new.

Posting to confirm I can post in some forum here. I know this isn't the place to air out my suggestions, but since I can't post there yet I'll type out my ideas here for later.

I would also like to say that I'd like to see every version of keg that does nothing (like Decorative Inn League Keg or Defiled Inn League Keg) have a copy that can be drunk from if the originals can't be drunk from themselves. For example, I like the look of the Decorative Inn League Keg and would much rather drink from that than a Wooden Keg.

If that can't be done, maybe consider making festival versions of kegs decorated in the style of the season. I think it'd bring more enthusiasts into participating in the Ale Association and the Inn League, and I'd like to see Ale Association have its own kegs that aren't a mockery of the Inn League. I understand that seems to be the whole point of the Ale Association, but if they want to get out from under the shadow of the Inn League they should have their own brand (like their cloak).

(side note: shouldn't the Ale Association goat have the same drunk status as the Inn League horse?)

I liked the idea your team made with the tables and shelves full of tankards from Rohan and Gondor, I'd like to recommend Inn League and Ale Association having something similar (maybe just having your own table full of tankards like the beer runs, which also get you just as drunk the more you drink)

I'd also like to see kegs that get you progressively drunk the more you drink from them like the beer runs during the festivals. We already have the sinister kegs that do those but I'd like to have beer vision without the need to port back to the neighborhood.

Maybe the ale association can extend their rivalry to other taverns by stealing their signs. I liked your idea of having the prancing pony sign be a decoration from the Bingo Boffin quest line. I think it'd be cool to extend that to other taverns and barter badges of dishonor for tavern signs from across middle-earth. The shire has plenty of these signs for the Ale Association to steal or defile if you'd rather not extend this idea to beyond a rivalry with the Inn League (perhaps retrieving or restoring the shire signs could be the opposite Inn League quest version).

You could also do something new like drunk dance emotes for IL and AA, where the player tries to dance, sways, and collapses.

I also wouldn't mind more wine housing decorations, or possibly a wine guild similar to IL and AA.

If nothing else, my biggest wish above all is fancy looking kegs that give you beer goggles without teleporting you. Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by anon3225; Sep 24 2021 at 05:49 PM.

So the big sale.
    Will this big sale be available to November 30th?
    Or only in November 30th?
    Sorry English isn't my first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhabil View Post
    So the big sale.
    Will this big sale be available to November 30th?
    Or only in November 30th?
    Sorry English isn't my first language.
    Hi, Sorhabil!

If by BIG SALE you mean the free quest packs you can get with the LOTROFREEQUESTS2021 code, that is available RIGHT NOW and will remain available to redeem until November 30th. The 8 expansion quest packs/instance clusters that are available RIGHT NOW for 99LP will remain at that price through November 30th, also.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Sep 25 2021 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Misspelled a name!

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Hi, Sorbahil!

If by BIG SALE you mean the free quest packs you can get with the LOTROFREEQUESTS2021 code, that is available RIGHT NOW and will remain available to redeem until November 30th. The 8 expansion quest packs/instance clusters that are available RIGHT NOW for 99LP will remain at that price through November 30th, also.
    So if i become VIP for 1 month and get these 500 points "after unlocking the quest packs of course" i can buy the expansions right?
    I was thinking of doing that because someone told me that becoming VIP for 1 month will unlock some stuff that even if your VIP it will remain unlocked.
    Traits and other things.

I do play DDO also so i know my way around the store a little bit.

Welcome to LOTRO anon3225.

The reason you can only post in the forum is that several years ago, and a couple of times this year, there were severe bouts of spammers. The only way found to stop them was this forum. All new account and any account that has been inactive for some amount of time are restricted to this forum. Just keep posting here, and a mod will see you are not some forum scum and will grant you full forum access. I would say that if you have not been granted full access by this Wednesday the 29th of September, you send a private message.

As for posting your suggestion(s) in the proper forum, do not worry about it, just post here and some forum denizen will, usually, quickly respond.

Again, welcome to LOTRO, remember to stop and smell the Roses.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

A question in regards to which server i should chose.
    I hear about legendary servers and normal ones and i don't know what to pick.

Servers - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:List_of_Worlds
    Legendary Server - A special rule set version of the game, slowed experience gain, more likely chance for low level players.
    Regular server - No special rules other than language, and what type of Role Playing is wanted

You can create characters on any server other than the legendary servers (must be VIP). Thus, it is often recommended creating characters on several servers, play them to about level 20 while you take a look see around the server.

Once you settle on a server, start looking around for a Kin. Can post a Looking for a Home post in your selected server forum.

Another resource is the server specific forums - https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdi...php?77-Servers

Hope this helps some.

Welcome to LOTRO, remember to stop and smell the roses.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

so, is level 130 the current max level?

Quote Originally Posted by layde View Post
    so, is level 130 the current max level?
    yes.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

So if i become VIP for 1 month and get these 500 points "after unlocking the quest packs of course" i can buy the expansions right?
    Yes. You will receive your 500LP within a day of activating your VIP subscription and can then use them immediately to purchase the on-sale expansion packs. You should be able to earn enough additional LP just by playing during that month to purchase the rest!

I was thinking of doing that because someone told me that becoming VIP for 1 month will unlock some stuff that even if your VIP it will remain unlocked.
    Yes. Make as many characters on as many different servers as you can. Log them in during your VIP month, even for a second, and those characters will get the trait slots and swift travel options etc. unlocked forever, even if you later allow your VIP subscription to lapse and your account changes to Premium status. You don't need to play them all, but if you change your mind later because you want to spend some time on a different server or playing a different class, they'll be waiting for you!

I made a trial back when lotro released, on same account, but the character back then has gone but the character name is still locked. What to do?

I used a character name I use on all my rogues, and its taken. By me.

But my account doesnt have it. And I need that name. Help?

First time player thoughts

Hey everyone,

Not sure what the etiquette is here for putting out first-time thoughts, but I have a couple points I'd like to make if possible?

So this is my first time playing, the character creation was great and so far for making an Elf, the backstory was pretty cool to witness our homes being destroyed 600 years ago. The world is really well designed and since I adore LOTR, it's amazing to be able to walk around these locales in a game. The introductory questing was alright, a bit slow in places, especially with all the working back & forth through dungeons/caves to report back to the quest giver [If I've missed out on how to fast travel, please do let me know!]. But the overall plot of the intro was good.

Downsides personally would only be the combat;

The combat felt a bit clanky and I felt as if there were also input delays for my abilities. I'm not unused to older MMO's however I can't quite put my finger on what exactly felt wrong for a better word. The actual abilities themselves were great and the animations were still decent. But I felt like the overall experience was very outdated if I had to choose an appropriate word. I also found the combat to be quite boring and not much of a challenge - but again this might just be due to the introductory stages.

I had no issues with the leveling so far, and it seemed to just progress as I played along the quests & killing mobs - I can't say much more than that.

Overall I have to say I'm on the fence about carrying on; the world is amazing and the characters do feel really good, but I'm not sure how much longer I'd be able to put up with the combat style of the game, and this was probably the main issue for me. This could be due to the sections only being the starter zone, so I wonder whether the experience improves the further along I get?

Quote Originally Posted by thegenuineluke View Post

The combat felt a bit clanky and I felt as if there were also input delays for my abilities. I'm not unused to older MMO's however I can't quite put my finger on what exactly felt wrong for a better word. The actual abilities themselves were great and the animations were still decent. But I felt like the overall experience was very outdated if I had to choose an appropriate word. I also found the combat to be quite boring and not much of a challenge - but again this might just be due to the introductory stages.
    There are any number of reasons why people do not approve of the combat. The most common one that I hear are modern-day players who are used to the combat from games like Elder Scrolls Online or Guild Wars approaching this game with the idea that the system will be just as engaging. But this game was developed during the days of the more traditional perspective of Runescape and World of Warcraft where you queue up your abilities and react accordingly depending on the situation.

One thing we highly suggest people doing is creating a few classes that might interest them and working with them up to level 20. There are only around 25 abilities per class and the majority of them will be offered to you by then. One might feel too slow leveling up a captain, but end up enjoying the robustness of a minstrel. If the combat feels the same no matter what style of character you choose by then, things aren't going to be much different later on. This could be any number of things from not improving your performance by choosing the 64-bit option to the server being bogged down by the influx of players returning to the game.

Because of the lack of players, this game now caters to the casual experience. If you wish to challenge yourself, you would have to become VIP and join a legendary server to experience the new difficulty feature.

Having trouble with the launcher

Hello everyone.

I guess apparently this is the only place I can post right now. I am having issues with the launcher after it had been running perfectly fine for the past couple of weeks.

Basically, whenever I start up LOTRO, there's a brief loading screen that occurs before it goes away, and then I get the icon in the taskbar saying that the startup menu is running, and it shows that whenever I hover my mouse over the icon. But the launcher doesn't pop up on the screen at all. I don't know why this is happening, or how it is happening. I've tried downloading from this site (I started out using the steam version) and the same thing is happening with that game. Because of this, I'm not even able to get to the part where I select my own world. I can't login, I can't do anything. I've tried reinstalling the game, I've tried restarting my PC. Nothing has worked.

If anyone has any info on why this is happening, and what I could do to fix it, please inform me on what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    One thing we highly suggest people doing is creating a few classes that might interest them and working with them up to level 20. There are only around 25 abilities per class and the majority of them will be offered to you by then. One might feel too slow leveling up a captain, but end up enjoying the robustness of a minstrel. If the combat feels the same no matter what style of character you choose by then, things aren't going to be much different later on. This could be any number of things from not improving your performance by choosing the 64-bit option to the server being bogged down by the influx of players returning to the game.
    Brill thank you for your reply, I didn't know this was a recommended piece of advice, so I'll do just that. I did go back into the game and realised my performance setting's were totally out of wack so I changed it to 64 bit and it has definitely made it smoother alongside getting used to the combat style a bit more for my chosen class - made a difference once I figured out how it actually worked.

I definitely want to keep at the game as I'm a sucker for LOTR, so an MMO based in the universe is like a dream for me. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury View Post
    Hello everyone.

I guess apparently this is the only place I can post right now. I am having issues with the launcher after it had been running perfectly fine for the past couple of weeks.

Basically, whenever I start up LOTRO, there's a brief loading screen that occurs before it goes away, and then I get the icon in the taskbar saying that the startup menu is running, and it shows that whenever I hover my mouse over the icon. But the launcher doesn't pop up on the screen at all. I don't know why this is happening, or how it is happening. I've tried downloading from this site (I started out using the steam version) and the same thing is happening with that game. Because of this, I'm not even able to get to the part where I select my own world. I can't login, I can't do anything. I've tried reinstalling the game, I've tried restarting my PC. Nothing has worked.

If anyone has any info on why this is happening, and what I could do to fix it, please inform me on what I can do.
    Anyone here have any ideas or solutions to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury View Post
    In your My Documents folder you will find a folder called The Lord of the Rings Online. This is where the game stores its settings. Be sure the game is not running. Then move this folder to some other, safe, location. Then try to launch the game again. If that works, something in your settings files became corrupt. The bad news is you will have to set up all your keybinds and other in-game options again, but it is unlikely the problem will recur; and the good news is that you will be able to play. If that does not work, you can move your older The Lord of the Rings Online folder back to your My Documents folder (delete the new one the game created there), then we can try a different repair procedure.

Looking to try out the game with the free quests code. A few questions:

1. What's the most populated North American server?
    2. When joining guilds/clans (or whatever they are called in LoTR) do you get more benefits from a larger group over a smaller one? What is the guild population like in this game - ie focused on raiding or questing?
    3. What are the 3 best classes for a starting player? I'm going to play an Elf.
    4. What are the most important 3 things I should know about the game?
    5. Is this primarily a solo or grouping game?
    6. I see the level cap is 130. How often has that gone up? Is most of the game getting to 130 or does the game really "start" at 130?
    7. What's the one thing you wish you would have done if starting over at level 1?

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post

2. When joining guilds/clans (or whatever they are called in LoTR) do you get more benefits from a larger group over a smaller one? What is the guild population like in this game - ie focused on raiding or questing?
    6. I see the level cap is 130. How often has that gone up? Is most of the game getting to 130 or does the game really "start" at 130?
    7. What's the one thing you wish you would have done if starting over at level 1?

Thank you for your time.
    (1) There aren't that many servers to begin with and the type of server you want depends on your style. People who are wanting to compete with each other generally gravitate towards Arkenstone while others that want a casual experience go to Landroval. However, don't expect a huge difference in population no matter where you join.

(2) "Kinships" - as they are called here - set up their own goals. You will find a large variety of kinships. I know of a kinship that invites people in and then leaves them alone simply so they won't be bothered by others asking to join theirs. Some don't have anyone at cap while others only have a specific kind of race. It really depends on whether or not your goals are aligned with theirs. It is entirely possible to create your own - a kinship of one as it were - so you can decorate your own kinship house and create extra storage for your things.

(3) Elf is a race, not a class. Certain classes can only be obtained by certain races. There is no "best class" here. Certain races do provide unique benefits, but they are generally trivial in the large scope of things. They are all viable. Do not get caught up with FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) or as I like to call it the "Feature of the Month." The game is constantly re-balancing all the classes. If you want an easy experience, we always suggest a hunter for its ranged combat, extra traveling skills, and additional run speed.

(4) When you first start the game, you will encounter a bunch of things they have in place for a "trial period" that repels gold spammers. You can totally try to buy things on your own, but we suggest you VIP one month to automatically unlock those things for your characters. Make sure you log into those characters while VIP. The only thing you can't get through the store is Swift Travel (the ability to travel instantly between points on the map). Many people suggest you buy the Journeyman Riding Skill for that little bit of extra speed on the horse, but we also suggest buying Premium Wallet (to stow away barter tokens) and Middle-Earth Essentials Kit (for premium house, tools, horse). Third, take your time. This isn't a race! There are over 10,000 quests in this game and the point isn't to try and reach the end the fastest. The main appeal of the game is its connection to the Lord of the Rings lore.

(5) Extremely solo. There are optional fellowship areas and things that are rewarded to people who group up, but the low population to this huge game will disappoint you if you are expecting there to be hundreds of players willing to join you for every little thing. The "Epic" (main story) of the game has been made completely soloable. You need to be VIP to join as a player for PvMP (Player versus Monster Player), but you are welcome to start a monster player (reaver is free) and hop in there whenever you like. Legendary servers have a lower level cap and a new difficulty feature that encourages group play but require VIP to keep playing.

(6) Like I mentioned above, there are people here that played the game for 10 years and never reached level 100. But people have different opinions on "when the game starts" depending on who you ask. Some feel there is nothing to do under the level cap since not many group up. This is a fallacy. Many use an XP Disabler (Tortoise of the Stone that you buy cheap and equip on your character) to halt their leveling experience and play regions at an on-level difficulty with a group of friends. The level generally goes up once a year when a new expansion comes out. You can check out the progress here: https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/03/l...-1994-to-2019/

(7) I kind of wish I made a journal, or a blog much sooner of my experience. Since there is so much content, I tend to forget what I did in those early days. NPCs you met at level 20 will reappear again and again throughout the story. I now create screenshots, write reviews, and keep a list of names of people I encountered over the years.
    Last edited by WeirdJedi; Sep 26 2021 at 10:58 AM.

Thank you for your time.
    1. Arkenstone and Gladden are very close. Brandywine is only slightly behind. Crickhollow and Landroval are about 60% Arkenstone/Gladden. These numbers are tracked using the sequentially numbered session tokens handed out by the login servers, and are quite accurate.

2. There are no kinship benefits based on size, other than the obvious one of having more people to play with. Kinships gain various perks based on longevity, maxing out at (IIRC) 9 months. You will find raiding and social kinships.

3. Define "best". Hunter is considered one of the easiest to level. The skill floor is relatively high on Guardian and Champion (push the buttons when they light up...of course you can do better as you learn the class). RK isn't particularly complicated either.

4. Don't expect AAA-grade polish or performance. Enjoy the leveling experience and story the first time through. Never trust a dorf.

5. "Primarily" (but not exclusively) solo.

6. It has gone up 10 times. The level cap was 50 at launch. It has also been 60 (Moria), 65 (Mirkwood), 75 (Isengard), 85 (East Rohan), 95 (Helms Deep), 100 (Western Gondor), 105 (Eastern Gondor), 115 (Mordor), 120 (Ered Mithrin) and 130 (Minas Morgul).

7. The game was completely different when I started playing in early 2008, so I can't really offer any advice here.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Thank you for the replies. I don't fully understand what the month of VIP gets you. Could you elaborate more on that? I see many of the expansions are available for purchase for 99 points. Which of those are the best? I like a higher server population so I'm going to gravitate toward either Arkenstone or Gladden. After doing a search of available classes I'm leaning toward an Elf Hunter which seems fairly self-explanatory or High Elf Captain. Anything I need to know about either? Can you make mistakes with picking abilities/skills and reset them or are you locked in?

Thank you for the replies. I don't fully understand what the month of VIP gets you. Could you elaborate more on that? I see many of the expansions are available for purchase for 99 points. Which of those are the best? I like a higher server population so I'm going to gravitate toward either Arkenstone or Gladden. After doing a search of available classes I'm leaning toward an Elf Hunter which seems fairly self-explanatory or High Elf Captain. Anything I need to know about either? Can you make mistakes with picking abilities/skills and reset them or are you locked in?
    Logging into your characters while VIP gives you a ton of stuff. It allows your characters to have 75 inventory slots instead of 45 slots - permanently. It automatically unlocks the currency cap of 1g to 9999g per character. All trait slots are unlocked for class, racial, and virtues. Swift Travel is unlocked. You are also able to obtain the riding skill for your character via the VIP quest at level 20. Free Accounts get 2 character slots, VIP accounts get 7, and after your VIP expires turns into "premium account" (since you made a purchase) will have 5 character slots. 20 Shared Storage slots are unlocked and 5 AH listings as well.

This is just the touch of the iceburg since you get a ton of things while VIP. Temporary access to guild crafting, wardrobe, 30 AH listings, PvMP, 500 lotro points, Enhanced XP, weekly gold present, use of Destiny points (bonuses earned from leveling), use of mail anywhere, accelerated crafting speed, VIP Reward package you can obtain that gives you instant access to Vault/AH/Supplier wherever you are.

I'm confused on why you are asking which is the best expansion. They are essential content packages. For example, Moria is level 50-60. There is nothing else in the game in that level range. And everyone's opinion on the expansions is different. Moria is the most developed expansion because it came before the game went F2P, but I advise you get every single expansion... especially for 99LP. For Helm's Deep, that's 2% of its 4295LP cost.

Making your class is permanent. You can choose to pay for a race change. Trait Trees cost a very small fee to change. You will want to check in which virtues you want ahead of time since where you put your points is permanent.

Good points already! Here are a couple of more:

After doing a search of available classes I'm leaning toward an Elf Hunter which seems fairly self-explanatory or High Elf Captain.
    High Elf you will have to buy in the in-game store for LOTRO points (or get it as part of some other package, such as the "LOTRO Starter Bundle").

Can you make mistakes with picking abilities/skills and reset them or are you locked in?
    Once you earn points into a Virtue they are permanent and there is no way to refund or reset them. But don't worry about that too much in the beginning, you'll have plenty of opportunities to figure out which Virtues are best for each of your characters. Having a few levels in Virtues you don't really need won't hurt in the long run (or even the medium run) and even unslotted Virtues give you some bonuses so it never truly goes to waste.

You get two class trait trees which you can configure independently of each other, and you can switch between them any time you like as long as you are not in combat – the cooldown between swaps is only 30 seconds. You can refund the points you have invested any time you're not in combat ("respecialzing" or "respeccing"). Resetting class trait points is free up to a certain level (I forget what level, 20 maybe) and after that it will cost some in-game gold which increases based on the number of points you have in the tree at the moment you reset it. It's never particularly expensive relative to the amount of in-game gold your character can earn just by killing random on-level mobs for 20 minutes, you'll barely notice the hit to your game gold wallet unless you are respeccing 10x per day.

I don't fully understand what the month of VIP gets you.
    In addition to what's already been described to you, you also get 500LP per month. The other stuff is hard to quantify but you'll appreciate it once you have it, especially if you then allow your VIP subscription to lapse and you drop down to Premium. The unlocks for each character that logs in – for even a second – while VIP are about equal in value to the cost of a one-month subscription all by themselves, and that would be for just one character, let alone the horde of toons on all the different servers which you can create during that month. And logging in a toon while you are VIP is the only way to unlock Swift Travel outside the starter zones, that can't be purchased in the in-game store separately (although you can buy "writs of passage" which unlock Swift Travel for an hour each, not a good investment of your points in my opinion).

And you'll get that 500LP within a day of paying for your subscription. You can purchase 5 of the 8 available on-sale 99LP expansion packs right away! And then, just by playing the game, you'll earn enough to purchase the final 3. After that, go ahead and drop down to Premium status. You can then play the game entirely for free going forward for a very long time (years even) and you'll still earn LP just from completing deeds while playing the game. Or maybe you'll decide you want those 500LP per month plus all the other nice perks and buy a subscription again.

Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 LastLast