We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1375
    Quote Originally Posted by Viredya View Post
    They said since they can't access Turbine records, I'm SOL.

I'm disgusted enough that I think I'm just going to quit the game. I've spent thousands over the past 11 years; they aren't getting a cent more. (Which also means my husband won't return to the game as we originally planned, so they've just lost 2 spender accounts over refusing to help in any way; not that they care.) It's incredibly tacky and poor form on their part, when it can be fixed at no cost to them with in game credit as compensation.
    See Yarbro's post. Indeed, the company known as Turbine was bought by WB almost a decade ago. The company that is now known as SSG was an employee spinoff a couple of years ago; otherwise the game likely would have closed. Turbine is still a part of WB and they do mobile stuff these days. See if Turbine will provide SSG with what they need.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Assuming your account is still accessable, quitting seems a bit extreme over a couple of lost Dollars unless we are talking one of those 1 years game time subscription packages.

SSG may well be correct in saying they dont have access to Turbine records, if Turbine failed to hand everything over, it is too late to go back and ask for the rest several years down the line.

If you are talking about a more substantial amount of lost VIP time, you COULD try contacting Turbine yourselves - they are still going; and since they are the people who took your money, I would suspect they are the people who should honour the refund.
    It's a matter of principal. It's not alot of money on my part, (maybe 5-7 months left on a yearly VIP) but it costs them nothing to assist me since there's in game ways of making it right, so ironically, by refusing to help, they cost themselves money.
    Good idea on contacting Turbine though, I'll see if I can get my records myself. The phone number 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637) is defunct, but hopefully email works.
    Last edited by Viredya; Apr 12 2019 at 11:56 AM.

It's a matter of principal. It's not alot of money on my part, (maybe 5-7 months left on a yearly VIP) but it costs them nothing to assist me since there's in game ways of making it right, so ironically, by refusing to help, they cost themselves money.
    Good idea on contacting Turbine though, I'll see if I can get my records myself. The phone number 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637) is defunct, but hopefully email works.
    I can't seem to find a working email or phone for WB Boston (turbine's new name.) Does anyone have one that is functional?

I can't seem to find a working email or phone for WB Boston (turbine's new name.) Does anyone have one that is functional?
    According to wiki, they seem to still be under the WB Games banner; the wiki link points here ;- https://careers.wbgames.com

According to wiki, they seem to still be under the WB Games banner; the wiki link points here ;- https://careers.wbgames.com
    Yeah, saw that but no CS number or email, just employment processes.

Likely there isn't one, any more. Try Warner Brothers itself and see if you can get to someone who could help you. Oh, another thing. There are laws in the US that apply here. There may be some legal complication between WB and SSG included in the contract between them.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

There are twit, farcebog, instagran and other links at the bottom of the WB webpage

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Likely there isn't one, any more. Try Warner Brothers itself and see if you can get to someone who could help you. Oh, another thing. There are laws in the US that apply here. There may be some legal complication between WB and SSG included in the contract between them.
    Agreed.

I posted on their twitter and facebook; might send a follow-up email as well.

I appreciate the help!

Is there any way in-game to increase the size of your inventory bag space?

Purchasing bags for silver from an NPC or crafter perhaps?

Also side note, our levleling duo is at lvl 18 and have hit the gold limit. Is there anything good to spend it on at these lower levels?

Quote Originally Posted by vandurlast View Post
    Is there any way in-game to increase the size of your inventory bag space?

Purchasing bags for silver from an NPC or crafter perhaps?

Also side note, our levleling duo is at lvl 18 and have hit the gold limit. Is there anything good to spend it on at these lower levels?

You can buy extra space in sets of 5 from the store, I think they apply across all characters on the account, not just the one, but it has been a while. You need LP for this.

If you are playing F2P, it would be more effective to buy more storage slots for the vault and store bundles of materials in there until you can afford to unlock the wallet with LP, or go VIP for a month.

You dont actually lose any gold when reaching the cap, the overflow is saved and when you upgrade the wallet - via VIP or the store - you get everything in the overflow feed back into your wallet.

There is still a bit of stuff in the AH worth buying, sadly the rush to end game means there isnt as much low level stuff as when I started, and the tolerance of gold farmers means the prices are 10X what they were 5 years ago.

When you reach various reputation levels, you will find the Reputation Rewards NPCs have a few nice things you can buy or barter for low level rep tokens; in Bree these include some armour, jewellery, weapons, cosmetics and a "Return to Bree" skill for certain races.

You will find those rep tokens slaying wights in the Barrow Downs

Hopefully you have picked complimentary crafting skills, and can gather and use materials to make your own weapons, armour and jewellery, I used to "sneak" into higher areas to gather mats to make these, before going back when equipped to take on the quests and mobs.

You can buy extra space in sets of 5 from the store, I think they apply across all characters on the account, not just the one, but it has been a while. You need LP for this.
    Yeah, inventory slots are account wide. Right now max is 135.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

As a new player awaiting game install I was wondering about crafting and gear. With my first toon should I be crafting gear as I level up or will quest rewards be good enough? Thinking about leveling farming and cooking professions for my first toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aransun View Post
    As a new player awaiting game install I was wondering about crafting and gear. With my first toon should I be crafting gear as I level up or will quest rewards be good enough? Thinking about leveling farming and cooking professions for my first toon.
    Crafted gear is some of the best at lower levels (<100), but generally you will level faster than you can craft. You can get decent gear from loot and quest rewards, especially the Epic quests. You can fill in any gaps by purchasing gear from skirmish camps for marks and medallions which you earn from meta-deed completions, skirmishes, and festivals.

During the current Anniversary festival all mobs have a chance to drop a steel token which can be traded for 20 marks in Bree. That will buy a few pieces of gear at the skirmish camp when you reach level 20ish. Marks and meds are shared across your account on a given server.

Cook and Farmer is a good combo, since you can grow crops as needed and cook useful food, but I have a slightly different suggestion:

1. Make your character a Tinker. Then you can gather ore to make jewelry and also cook. You can also gather non-precious ore and make the ingots to pass to a second character.

2. Make a second character a Historian. You don't need to play this character, just craft. Historian can Farm crops for you to cook. Can make weapons from the ingots mentioned above. Can also use the scholar materials that the first character loots from humanoid mobs to make scholar items.

The second character will slowly level up just from crafting and you will end up with: jewelry, metal weapons, food, and scholar scrolls just from 2 characters.

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Hopefully you have looked through the forums, noted all the references to [INSTALL] New LotRO Installs - One Guide to Rule Them All. . . read it and installed all the extra stuff that the game needs to work properly (or at all).

You dont get to start crafting for a few levels, you will be given gear as rewards for completing the intro quests; take care, some of it is actually WORSE than what your character is created carrying/wearing.

You cannot craft everything you need with one character, you need 3 really, as a minimum; however many of the quests do give decent gear as rewards, so it is possible to get through most of the game without crafting anything - however Elite mobs and some instances will be very difficult/impossible without getting better gear than the quest rewards.

Sometimes you also loot some decent equipment, although most of the "green" stuff is pretty basic, so keep an eye out for purple or blue (aka teal) stuff. Purple is good, Blue is best (usually).

If you are serious about crafting, I recommend making your MAIN character an Explorer. They can gather almost all the crafting mats your stay at home crafters would need and can gather the higher lvl mats in the later areas of the game where your lower lvl crafters would not be able to survive. In Lotro, you can only be a member of one crafter Guild per character, so to be fully self sufficient, you need a main and 6 crafting alts. There are 7 crafting Guilds; your main (Explorer) can also be your Guilded Tailor. I know some people say you can do it with 4 toons (though you can't have a Guilded crafter in every thing if you do that), but I don't recommend trying to cross-craft; it gets extremely tedious to have to send items back and forth between crafters. The only vocation that I lvl all 3 things on is Explorer. The rest I only lvl the two things that compliment each other. For Cook, go Yeoman; it has cook and farmer. For Jeweler, go Tinker (for jeweler and prospector); for Weaponsmith, go Armsman (for weaponsmith and prospector); For making armor, go Armourer (for metalsmith and prospector); for Scholar, go Historian (for scholar and farmer-you'll need farmer for making potions); and for Woodworker, go Woodsman (for forester and woodworker). Only lvl the two complimentary things and don't worry about the off one.

I'm not sure if I'm having tech issues...when I click on a world (one that says UP in green), I get a message that I'm "getting in line" and then the LOTRO window just closes. Is that supposed to happen? If so, how long is the wait, usually? (I've been waiting for 5-10 minutes at this point). Thanks for any help you can offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Oralee View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm having tech issues...when I click on a world (one that says UP in green), I get a message that I'm "getting in line" and then the LOTRO window just closes. Is that supposed to happen? If so, how long is the wait, usually? (I've been waiting for 5-10 minutes at this point). Thanks for any help you can offer!
    First time trying to play the game?

Win10??

Have a read here https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Rule-Them-All

First time trying to play the game?

Win10??

Have a read here https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Rule-Them-All
    Yes, I has seen that. I *think* the problem may have been that I wasn't picking the right country given some had country abbreviations and...well...I didn't figure it out...until I saw one that said "US". Oops. I'm oblivious. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Oralee View Post
    Yes, I has seen that. I *think* the problem may have been that I wasn't picking the right country given some had country abbreviations and...well...I didn't figure it out...until I saw one that said "US". Oops. I'm oblivious. Thanks for the advice!
    You can log into any server you like except the Legendary one, they need a subscription.

Log in failures usually come down to either a missing software package, usually DX9 (2010) runtime files, or a firewall blocking the game; at such an early stage, I would guess firewall, in which case it may again block the game later in, after the character selection screen.

Is there a way to autoloot resource nodes?

I've bound Loot All in Options but this doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Emraell_Code View Post

Not that I know of, but you can hit "Return" or "Enter" rather than going for the dialogue box.

Quote Originally Posted by Emraell_Code View Post

Having Always Loot All ticked in options should mean you don't get a pop-up loot window when you use ore, wood, etc nodes.

If you also have Move To Use selected, you can right click on a node and you will auto-move to it and loot it.

As far as my toons noticed they get pop-up window during digging only when their inventory is full. Gathered resources dont go to overflow inventory, not like drop from mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Having Always Loot All ticked in options should mean you don't get a pop-up loot window when you use ore, wood, etc nodes.

If you also have Move To Use selected, you can right click on a node and you will auto-move to it and loot it.
    This is the option I meant, but thank you for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar45 View Post
    How can you play without paying i can't log in because it keeps on saying i have to be a VIP to play and i thought this game was free to play? :/
    Which server are you trying to log into? Two of the servers are VIP only.

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast