We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45
Results 1,101 to 1,124 of 1124

The Journey outweighs the destination

I have been traveling to worlds with others from the portal of my pc for over 20 years. A compelling story backed by a richly detailed lore and earned character progression are the elements that mean the most to me. The Lord of the Rings Online is a big check mark in both categories. I have also come to realize that the mortar that really binds me to a world is the grouping/fellowship interaction with a like minded guild/kinship. It can also be the element that encourages me to move on.

I have played LOTRO on and off since Beta with more time off than on. I have always appreciated the fact that the focus of this adventure into Middle Earth is not completely focused on getting to max level as fast as possible or the game world fixated solely on end game content. I enjoy immersing into the lands of ME and like to work the quests, factions and relevant traits but I am not driven to be a completionist.

Despite having my 11 year title my highest character is only in his mid 50s with 10 other ones ranging from 49 down to 20. All of them were 99% leveled solo. I have been away from Middle Earth for the last year. Hearing about the Legendary server my first thought was this would be an excellent time to return and make a fresh start with a community of people who will all initially be at the same stage of the game as I am.

After doing a bit of reading on it however I am wondering if the Legendary server is going to be the best place for what I am looking for. IE A group of people enjoying a trip through this Middle Earth, content to enjoy the ride without sole focusing on the destination or going OCD over completing every aspect of every zone for the sake of completion instead of fun.

I am open to any thoughts as I have a strong belief in the good will of those who make this land their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonyheart View Post
    I have been traveling to worlds with others from the portal of my pc for over 20 years. A compelling story backed by a richly detailed lore and earned character progression are the elements that mean the most to me. The Lord of the Rings Online is a big check mark in both categories. I have also come to realize that the mortar that really binds me to a world is the grouping/fellowship interaction with a like minded guild/kinship. It can also be the element that encourages me to move on.

I have played LOTRO on and off since Beta with more time off than on. I have always appreciated the fact that the focus of this adventure into Middle Earth is not completely focused on getting to max level as fast as possible or the game world fixated solely on end game content. I enjoy immersing into the lands of ME and like to work the quests, factions and relevant traits but I am not driven to be a completionist.

Despite having my 11 year title my highest character is only in his mid 50s with 10 other ones ranging from 49 down to 20. All of them were 99% leveled solo. I have been away from Middle Earth for the last year. Hearing about the Legendary server my first thought was this would be an excellent time to return and make a fresh start with a community of people who will all initially be at the same stage of the game as I am.

After doing a bit of reading on it however I am wondering if the Legendary server is going to be the best place for what I am looking for. IE A group of people enjoying a trip through this Middle Earth, content to enjoy the ride without sole focusing on the destination or going OCD over completing every aspect of every zone for the sake of completion instead of fun.

I am open to any thoughts as I have a strong belief in the good will of those who make this land their home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonyheart View Post
    I have been traveling to worlds ..............
    Welcome back to the game.

Not sure how to answer your question exactly, but I do remember seeing a message for a Club Slowtro kinship, so I figure I would reply, with a link - see below.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ub-on-Laurelin
    Note: This is on the Laurelin server in Europe. so timezones and your location may matter. not sure though. They also mention a Club Eclair on Landroval which is US based.

I would check out the server and kinship sections of the forum, and post that you're looking for a kinship with your mentioned play style. You could just find a laid back kinship go at your own pace.
    No one really knows how the legendary server will go, and I can't see a forum section for that server at the moment. I guess you would just have to jump on and see.

I'm sure you can find people that share your love of the story and the fellowship. Best wishes and have fun.
    Last edited by WarmBeaches; Nov 03 2018 at 02:41 AM.

In Landroval

Club Eclair (capped at 51 now)
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

Club Eclair: Second Servings (capped at 41 now)
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...econd-Servings

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by ingo2 View Post
    Welcome to Lord of the Rings Online.

If you just created your forum account and cannot yet start a new thread in order to ask a question, you can ask it in this thread.
    How exactly do I change my Posting Permissions so I can add threads?

Quote Originally Posted by HeribertTheHobbit View Post
    How exactly do I change my Posting Permissions so I can add threads?
    You cant, you have to post a few times, (no spam), and eventually, after a few posts, a mod will decide you are safe to allow out into the main forums.

Mods only seem to work 9-5, M-F US time, so if you start posting outside of those times, it can take longer.

Hello! New player getting in the game in around 2 days and I was wondering which EU server would be the best to start on? Also I saw the news about a server making it's way in the game on 8th of november, the legendary one. My question regarding it, is it going back to some old patches and updating again from there? If so, is it better to start there instead on an actual server? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaud View Post
    Hello! New player getting in the game in around 2 days and I was wondering which EU server would be the best to start on? Also I saw the news about a server making it's way in the game on 8th of november, the legendary one. My question regarding it, is it going back to some old patches and updating again from there? If so, is it better to start there instead on an actual server? Thank you!
    As far as the Legendary server goes, it is a progression server. This means that when the server opens it will have a level cap of 50 (instead of the normal 120) and only content up to level 50 will be available. Periodically (every 4 months or so) they will increase the level cap and unlock the corresponding content. Game play is otherwise that same as it is currently on the other live servers. Because this is a brand new server, everyone will be starting at square so there would be a lot more people running around low level areas with you.

Looking at coming back to play on Legendary server - are there any oceanic guilds playing on Legendary?

naming guidelines

wondering if anyone has gotten banned for a name that isnt lore friendly and according to the guidelines

Class most unplayed

Hello everyone,

I'm a returning newbie player who will play again with the legendary server, which i find one of the best idea they had. But my question is the next one, is there a class who is needed but not enough player is playing it? Like minstrel for example?
    I'm saying minstrel cuz its the healing class of lotro, and in a lot of mmo, heal or tank or both are not the class most played. Everyone want to play dps^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthas View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm a returning newbie player who will play again with the legendary server, which i find one of the best idea they had. But my question is the next one, is there a class who is needed but not enough player is playing it? Like minstrel for example?
    I'm saying minstrel cuz its the healing class of lotro, and in a lot of mmo, heal or tank or both are not the class most played. Everyone want to play dps^^
    True enough, but recent history is that the least played classes are burglar and the Beorning. Both of those are in the queue to have balance work done, as well as the Rune-keeper and the Captain.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Alright thanks a lot!

Hey, brand new LOTRO player here!

I just hit level 6 on legendary server and I must say that I'm really enjoying this game (playing it for the 1st time ever).

But every minute I'm wondering if I should stay on legendary server or move onto "normal" server.

Legendary servers seem cool because they have a healthy population and everyone starts with nothing.

On the other hand I have a feeling that I will be locked from tons of content that expansions have to offer.

So I have a few questions:

- Since "normal" servers have most of the players at max level, am I going to miss lots of cool stuff while leveling? Like I won't be able to do instances/dungeons because of lack of players at low levels?

- Because of the lack of players at low levels am I going to miss some cool storylines?

- I want to focus on quests and storyline, would I outlevel that content while playing on "normal" servers?

- If you were in my position what would you do? Play on Legendary or "normal" server?

- If I would chose "normal" server what is the most populated one on EU? (In WoW I always played on RP server but is this one in Lotro highly populated or I should stick with another server?)

Thank you all for answers!

Quote Originally Posted by ingo2 View Post
    Welcome to Lord of the Rings Online.

If you just created your forum account and cannot yet start a new thread in order to ask a question, you can ask it in this thread.
    Ok. So I saw a thread regarding bleeds, but I'm too new on the forum (been playing like a year or two). Blackwold Striker in Archet training is throwing a lovely bleed. 44 common damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds. I did the math, that's like 600 points of damage. There are NO wound pots in the training area. If you get a bleed at all, you will die. I died 7 times. This cannot be WAI. My poor hunter only had 216 morale at the time.

Hopefully a dev can move this question to the appropriate thread. I'll try to post there tomorrow I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvwatcherz View Post
    Ok. So I saw a thread regarding bleeds, but I'm too new on the forum (been playing like a year or two). Blackwold Striker in Archet training is throwing a lovely bleed. 44 common damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds. I did the math, that's like 600 points of damage. There are NO wound pots in the training area. If you get a bleed at all, you will die. I died 7 times. This cannot be WAI. My poor hunter only had 216 morale at the time.

Hopefully a dev can move this question to the appropriate thread. I'll try to post there tomorrow I guess.

Dev won't move it from here, but this is definitely a problem.

I fell to one of those Blackwolds tonight. What the heck is eating up my Morale when I'm not in combat? Crikey, and I've nothing to counter it.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Dev won't move it from here, but this is definitely a problem.

I fell to one of those Blackwolds tonight. What the heck is eating up my Morale when I'm not in combat? Crikey, and I've nothing to counter it.
    Exactly. The other problem I noticed is I had started an RK. He was actually hitting harder with his runestone than any of his skills. Hunter and Warden had a harder than normal time, but that's ok by me. I'm wondering if its the tactical classes in general or the RK only that is having a problem. Gonna roll a LM tomorrow and check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    Hey, brand new LOTRO player here!

I just hit level 6 on legendary server and I must say that I'm really enjoying this game (playing it for the 1st time ever).

But every minute I'm wondering if I should stay on legendary server or move onto "normal" server.

Legendary servers seem cool because they have a healthy population and everyone starts with nothing.

On the other hand I have a feeling that I will be locked from tons of content that expansions have to offer.

So I have a few questions:

- Since "normal" servers have most of the players at max level, am I going to miss lots of cool stuff while leveling? Like I won't be able to do instances/dungeons because of lack of players at low levels?

- Because of the lack of players at low levels am I going to miss some cool storylines?

- I want to focus on quests and storyline, would I outlevel that content while playing on "normal" servers?

- If you were in my position what would you do? Play on Legendary or "normal" server?

- If I would chose "normal" server what is the most populated one on EU? (In WoW I always played on RP server but is this one in Lotro highly populated or I should stick with another server?)

Thank you all for answers!
    The Legendary servers will open up a new level cap every 4 (I think) months, so you'll reach expansions over a couple of years.

With regards to your questions:

- You will have more trouble doing the low level group content on level. Most of the content is soloable so you won't miss much.

- All the good storylines can be soloed.

- You will outlevel if you don't halt experience gain. There is a pocket item you can buy in the store called The Stone of the Tortoise (100 LP). When you equip it you will gain no XP. Thus you can reach level X and equip the stone and do all the level X to X+1 or 2 or whateve quests, then unequip it and do quest for XP to the next level. There are groups/kinships that do this en masse to create artificial level caps for the group.

- I'd play a little on both types of servers.

- Evernight is the most populated EU English speaking server, but Laurelin also has a decent pop. Note that all servers are located in New Jersey USA. The EU and NA designations were original locations and they remain distinct due to database incompatibilities that prevent the Transfer utility from working. As a holdover, they also still indicate peak times, although there are secondary peak times on all of them for other continents.

Hope that helps. Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teutoburger View Post
    wondering if anyone has gotten banned for a name that isnt lore friendly and according to the guidelines
    I could imagine a ban if it was obscene enough and/or final strike on an account with multiple problems.

Not sure what you meant by "isnt lore friendly" and "according to guidelines".

Naming policy.
    https://help.standingstonegames.com/...-Naming-Policy
    Last edited by WarmBeaches; Nov 09 2018 at 01:17 AM.

post a reply

Can someone tell me why i cant't post a relpy in any other thread than this here? I allready have an account for years? Is there an other regestry to be done?

Problem resolved!!!

Hi all,

New player here (only ever had a level 20-something so consider myself a new player), and just rolled a RK on Ithil

How do the red and yellow lines compare for DPS, both while levelling and at level 50? I like the look of the red line, but am I gimping myself if I level with this?

How regularly will I likely be doing dungeons while levelling and would anyone recommend levelling as healing main spec? Or is the meta to have a DPS main spec and healing off spec?

Thanks for your assistance

Kragg

Question - playing on Anor. Having little issue with a boss in one of the solo instance quests. Can I take others into it or does it have to be done solo? It is Instance To Avert a War and Kill Hakon Ironfist who hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragg-Ithil View Post
    Hi all,

New player here (only ever had a level 20-something so consider myself a new player), and just rolled a RK on Ithil

How do the red and yellow lines compare for DPS, both while levelling and at level 50? I like the look of the red line, but am I gimping myself if I level with this?

How regularly will I likely be doing dungeons while levelling and would anyone recommend levelling as healing main spec? Or is the meta to have a DPS main spec and healing off spec?

Thanks for your assistance

Kragg
    hello,
    welcome back.

I only play Red Line, as I read the Yellow Line was broken, so I don't bother learning something I would not want to group with.
    Healing is healing with very few damage skills, not really doable. Damage skills are minimal. Also, RK is attuned one way or the other. Try it out you will see.

Since you have 2 tabs, you can configure a Red Line DPS, and a Blue Line for healing, and if you need to or want to, before going into a difficult battle, you can switch to healing line, wait for trait line switch cooldown, then lay down a healing stone, then switch to RL and starting fighting with a healing stone giving you and edge in the beginning of the battle. Only something I thought about recently and haven't used much, but I assume a good habit to form. I leveled to 50 pretty much just RL and only healing in a couple of grouping situations.

Red line inductions are long, and you must remain still. You can't kite but the damage is supposedly much greater. Read the skills carefully and how they stack.

Most content is designed solo, (except the nasty bleed controversy going on right now. Kiting would be really useful here.) less dungeons, most questing.

maybe others have other ideas, but that's my take. have fun, and welcome to the game.
    Last edited by WarmBeaches; Today at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrophobia View Post
    Question - playing on Anor. Having little issue with a boss in one of the solo instance quests. Can I take others into it or does it have to be done solo? It is Instance To Avert a War and Kill Hakon Ironfist who hurts.
    The wiki says it is a solo quest.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...To_Avert_a_War

What level are you? it says its level 12. Maybe come back to it when you moved up a couple of levels.

Edit: but to answer your question, I don't believe you can take anyone in there with you. When you talk to a quest giver that takes you to an instance like this, it usually says in red letters that you have to go alone, so check the quest dialog.
    Last edited by WarmBeaches; Today at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmBeaches View Post
    hello,
    welcome back.

*Snip*.
    Thanks for the detailed and insightful reply WarmBeaches. I'll be levelling as red line then

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45